Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2009, 04:13 AM

17,998 posts, read 9,061,158 times

Advertisements

Good Morning!

In Indiana it is a SMOKING HOT 30 degrees!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 11:05 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,849,896 times
In Soldotna we're steamin' right behind you, it's 26 and sunny for the moment...high 38 with rain and/or snow showers...

Old 04-08-2009, 11:50 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,567,607 times
Sunny here in Interior Alaska (Nenana area) and suppose to get into the 40 degree mark today, getting ready to go fire the airplane up and fly around and see if the critters are out.

Been seeing a lot of bear tracks when I have been heading out to my cabin on the snowmachine. Wanted to see if I can tell how many are out in the cabin area as well as the wolf kills. When they kill a moose, it attracts Raven's like vultures do over a lion kill. Been a lot of wolf activity on the trail system all winter long.

Maybe I can call in PETA to come and protect the moose from the wolves... Few years back they darted a couple of "Alpha" wolves and sterilized them, when they let them go by their pack, the pack killed and ate them because they "Didn't smell right"... Seemed to taste OK though...

Nature is such a Hoot!

Old 04-08-2009, 01:18 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,217,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I've never read the books, I guess I'm more of a Vampire Lestat person. I'll say this much, that lead vampire Edward, he was just a little too geeky for my taste. Vampires should be mysterious & dangerous, he wasn't either of those.
I agree that he didn't quite live up to the Edward I pictured in my head when I read the books (and I saw the movie first...go figure) I will say that the movie has some great music in it!! I wish the actual soundtrack they released was the same music from the movie. I love the song by Muse during the baseball scene and of course Bella's lullaby on the piano.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:21 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post

Maybe I can call in PETA to come and protect the moose from the wolves... Few years back they darted a couple of "Alpha" wolves and sterilized them, when they let them go by their pack, the pack killed and ate them because they "Didn't smell right"... Seemed to taste OK though...

Nature is such a Hoot!

That just proves how utterly moronic PETA et al is. Any legitmate vet could have told them the outcome of sterilizing the alphas.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:27 PM

2,308 posts, read 3,458,531 times
Good morning! It's 8:30 AM, april 9.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Sunny here in Interior Alaska (Nenana area) and suppose to get into the 40 degree mark today, getting ready to go fire the airplane up and fly around and see if the critters are out.
Been seeing a lot of bear tracks when I have been heading out to my cabin on the snowmachine. Wanted to see if I can tell how many are out in the cabin area as well as the wolf kills. When they kill a moose, it attracts Raven's like vultures do over a lion kill. Been a lot of wolf activity on the trail system all winter long.
Nature is such a Hoot!
Hi! I have the impression that you are the employee of environmental authority as I am.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:50 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,061,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
In Soldotna we're steamin' right behind you, it's 26 and sunny for the moment...high 38 with rain and/or snow showers...

Dont follow to close we dont need an accident!..lol

It topped out at 48 degrees with evaporating precipitation and partly cloudy skies

Old 04-08-2009, 02:06 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,567,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Лютый View Post
Hi! I have the impression that you are the employee of environmental authority as I am.
No, but been doing the cleanup response work for years since I got out of the US Coast Guard thirty some odd years ago. The company I work for does work with ships, hardhat deep water diving, marine construction and environental cleanups, so I go back and forth depending on what is going on.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
No, but been doing the cleanup response work for years since I got out of the US Coast Guard thirty some odd years ago. The company I work for does work with ships, hardhat deep water diving, marine construction and environental cleanups, so I go back and forth depending on what is going on.
Yes, I realized this viewing your album. And I'm trying to learn about your hometown from this site as my English knowledge allows me to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska