Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2010, 10:33 AM

2,200 posts, read 4,360,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Happy belated birthday Bob. Hope it was a good one.
too cold to go out into the theme parks today. I have to work outside as housekeeper at the Wilderness Cabins Disney five day's each week. so might as well be warm on day off Tuesday. for my birthday purchased I Pod Touch did at best buy. I can use it at work times..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 10:00 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
Too cold to go outside in Florida? Your killin me Bob.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:27 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,880,776 times
They are having a cold snap in Florida, hope the oranges don't freeze. I think it is around 30 degrees.

Old 12-15-2010, 04:34 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,155,259 times
Hey guys.... I'm in Miami, so almost at the tippy tip of South Florida.
Yesterday it was 35 degrees at 7 AM with the windchill between 20-25. Right now it's 40 degrees. Should warm back up by Friday for the weekend.

This is unheard of down here. So it's true. It's cold here (for us wimps ). Orlando and above must be really freezing.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:02 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,939,538 times
It got down to 13* here last night with a nice steady wind.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:00 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,360,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Too cold to go outside in Florida? Your killin me Bob.
When I was driving back from Denali start of October 2009. I stoped in Skagway, Alaska and camped in dome tent for one week. it was about ten degrees. and I loved it. because of the recreation center with hot showers accross the street. I spend most of the time walking around town and spending money at The Pizza Station. one of the few places that is open year round in Skagway.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:48 PM

2,308 posts, read 3,455,950 times
Hi my friends! I’m so sorry for my silence. I’ll try to explain all. But I’m sorry for my poor English.
At last I have returned from Vladivostok to Anadyr. Thus, it is possible to tell, that I had my second Birthday there. Early in the morning on December, 7th I was driven by my wife’s jeep (Suzuki Grant Vitara) from Vladivostok to the airport on return flight to Anadyr. There was a lot of continuous porridge with a snow, ice and a dirt on the route. Our jeep had been thrown out on a counter strip of the road, and we collided with high speed (that is called the forehead-to-forehead) with the big lorry. I sat near to the driver. I remember only flown cowl of the lorry, and further nothing.... There are sketchy shots from this horror in my consciousness only. The powerful pillow of safety and the strong construction of our jeep had rescued us. They said that the doctors of Ambulance were surprised very much, that there were no corpses in the car. The driver got difficult crises of hands and a head. My wife was at a back seat and she got serious contusions. They tell me, that because of my being late for the flight I have been moved on a passing car to the airport of Vladivostok. I practically remember nothing, how check-in was, how I passed the special control on the boarding - I was an "automation". In connection with bad weather my flight from Vladivostok to Anadyr was dragged out till 6 days. During my trip I have been to Vladivostok, Khabarovsk and Magadan. I’ve come to myself in Khabarovsk only. At last December 13th I had arrived sweet home, Anadyr sity. Has gone to hospital – I’ve got the broken ribs, damages of a brush of the left hand, of a left foot, etc... To myself I am surprised very much, how I could be with these my damages for a period of my trip? Now I am at my home on the sick-list till December, 22nd....
Yes, by the way, .... I am happy – I’ve met my happiness and married in Vladivostok!
This is photo of our crash ...

Old 12-15-2010, 05:58 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,155,259 times
Hello Oleg. Wow! That's a scary story. So you're ok now? How's the new wife? Did she stay in Vladivostok or is in Anadyr with you, or are you guys going to have what we call a "long distance relationship" or a "commuter marriage". Rance can explain!

Well, glad you're here to tell the story!

Old 12-15-2010, 06:01 PM

And this is me with my wife Gala a day before the crash in Vladivostok.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Hello Oleg. Wow! That's a scary story. So you're ok now? How's the new wife? Did she stay in Vladivostok or is in Anadyr with you, or are you guys going to have what we call a "long distance relationship" or a "commuter marriage". Rance can explain!
Well, glad you're here to tell the story!
Hi Vivian! I'm ok now. My wife stayed in Vladivostok with her daughter who was with us in car when crash. She've got serious damages and she is in Hospital now. I hope my wife will flight to me in March next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska