U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-14-2011, 08:10 PM

21,033 posts, read 22,618,356 times

Advertisements

Bethel residents surprised by brown bear
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 08:11 PM

21,033 posts, read 22,618,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
I guess you are still searching for Mr. Right !!
Oh, you got me so good, gussak! How am I supposed to come back to that?

Hmmm, think think think think.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:28 PM

2,758 posts, read 2,356,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Huh, I didn't know bears in town would be so unusual there. We get brownies in people's yards all the time here. Don't know when anyone's dog was attacked by one though, much less a person. I do know of a chihuahua taken by an eagle a few years ago, and they're almost dogs.

Old 10-14-2011, 09:08 PM

1,051 posts, read 866,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigre79 View Post
Huh, I didn't know bears in town would be so unusual there. We get brownies in people's yards all the time here. Don't know when anyone's dog was attacked by one though, much less a person. I do know of a chihuahua taken by an eagle a few years ago, and they're almost dogs.
I told Fat Freddie you think he is only 1/2 almost dog...you are on his very short list of people to kick butt chihuahua style. There is a lot of creativity within the constraints of ankle biting and truck tire peeing!

Old 10-14-2011, 11:43 PM

633 posts, read 884,702 times
Quote:
LOL....that's funny. The "almost" dogs with an attitude bigger than they are.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:32 AM

1,786 posts, read 1,349,091 times
Quote:
Very interesting tigre... in many ways it's encourageing for the brown bear because if they are migrating further away from their usually habitat that means their numbers are growing?... sorry I'm limited in my knowledge of mainland brown/grizzly habits. My 25 days of browns encounters were on an island which changes the dynamics a bit. Unsafe for the people and the bears though.. enjoy your Saturday everyone

Old 10-15-2011, 06:35 AM

1,786 posts, read 1,349,091 times
Default ankle biting... :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezengirl View Post
I told Fat Freddie you think he is only 1/2 almost dog...you are on his very short list of people to kick butt chihuahua style. There is a lot of creativity within the constraints of ankle biting and truck tire peeing!
too funny both of you Freezen and tigre... omg chihuahua's are quite brave for such a tiny dog aren't they... they are very good at the tire peeing for sure...

Old 10-15-2011, 01:23 PM

1,051 posts, read 866,239 times
Fat Freddie thinks he can take on a grizz or a moose any old day of the week. That also explains why he gets to lay on the sofa moving with the sun shining through the windows, snoring away dreaming of his mighty hunter exploits and not running outside loose. I suspect there is more then a good chance he would get me killed while he runs for cover after pissing off the wildlife.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:08 PM

2,219 posts, read 1,880,499 times
Before I could go on my vacation, as I see a lot of new persons here! Alaska chat is the best!

Old 10-15-2011, 10:23 PM

4,043 posts, read 5,379,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Лютый View Post
Before I could go on my vacation, as I see a lot of new persons here! Alaska chat is the best!
Hi Oleg! How have you and your family been? Where are you going on vacation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska