U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-03-2009, 12:45 AM

6,271 posts, read 8,065,118 times

Advertisements

This is what a lot of the oil looked like that wasn't mixed with the soybeans from the ships cargo hold...

Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 12:53 AM

This is a drawing that the Coast Guard gave out of how the ship broke in half.

During the summer months, a salvage company was hired to strip down the ship and remove it from the rocks, these were taken about August.

By late fall, the storms came back and ripped what remained of the ship off the rocks and spun it around, it is now under the waves. This was shortly before the last storm came and moved it for the last time.

Old 04-03-2009, 07:43 AM

7,016 posts, read 6,949,532 times
Starlite9...who would hubby check with for salvage work??? He's real good a taken stuff apart, especially good with torches!!!

Old 04-03-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
Starlite9...who would hubby check with for salvage work??? He's real good a taken stuff apart, especially good with torches!!!
What kind of salvage work are you talking about. The stuff that I deal with is Marine mostly, there are all kinds of salvage companies around that do everything from cars/trucks, buildings to Marine...

In my company's line of work, we do Environmental cleanups, Diving for both salvage and underwater repairs, underwater cable laying and related tasks to general boating operations such as Charter and running tug boats all over the world. But it all revolves around the water and that takes some experience in itself as a deck hand. Nothing more dangerous than a guy on a rolling/pitching deck that has no clue to what is going on.

What he needs to do is just Google it and Alaska, that will come up with a host of companies that do that kind of work and he could call them or fax them his resume and go from there.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:44 PM

7,016 posts, read 6,949,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
What kind of salvage work are you talking about. The stuff that I deal with is Marine mostly, there are all kinds of salvage companies around that do everything from cars/trucks, buildings to Marine...

In my company's line of work, we do Environmental cleanups, Diving for both salvage and underwater repairs, underwater cable laying and related tasks to general boating operations such as Charter and running tug boats all over the world. But it all revolves around the water and that takes some experience in itself as a deck hand. Nothing more dangerous than a guy on a rolling/pitching deck that has no clue to what is going on.

What he needs to do is just Google it and Alaska, that will come up with a host of companies that do that kind of work and he could call them or fax them his resume and go from there.
will do that...google it...he isn't a diver or experienced deck hand. He can however handle large scale work deconstruction work, clean up, equipment etc.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:36 PM

21,045 posts, read 22,881,241 times
Cool shot of Magone's Redeemer. They came here a few years back and took a old tug out to sea to sink it.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Cool shot of Magone's Redeemer. They came here a few years back and took a old tug out to sea to sink it.
Was lucky the Redeemer didn't sink....

Old 04-05-2009, 11:37 PM

This was a fox running around trying to steal food from the workers on the beach cleanup... ran off with a couple of sack lunches...

Old 01-14-2011, 06:05 PM

5 posts, read 5,314 times
Exclamation Selendang Ayu PLANS

hello please try to help me!
i search the building / architecture plans from the selendang ayu but i can't find ethem and my english is so bad, i want to rebuild it in scale 1:100

this is what i wrote to some adress, but get no answer yet

hello

my name is kai and i'm from germany.
I build model ships and i want to rebuild the Selendang Ayu in scale 1:100

It's a very dramatic ship & nature "crash" (excuse for my bad english) and because of that it's very interesting for me to rebulid this ship as modelship in 1:100 ( it will be 225 centimeters long!!! very large!!)

I'm searching for building plans / architecture plans from the selendang ayu. I thought that perhaps you have it, because you demount the ship. (or name me the company who did it, please)

I wrote to the ship builder (bmd@hz-shipgroup.com) but i don't know if this is the right adress, and nobody answers =(

it's very important for me to get the main data from the ship, high from the bow in distance to the deck! And more ...

So if you know who can have the plans of the ship please send me the contact data, or forward my email!

PLEASE it's really important to get every little detail information you have!
i have saved the pics from this side
Unified Command -- M/V Selendang Ayu
but i'm very glad about more information and pictures!!!

So my heart is bleeding - Hope to get an answer from you!!!

kind regards from germany

Kai

(this is the message i wrote to shanghai)

Dear Sir

I'm a 24 year old student from Germany and i'm a model rc ship builder.
My next projekt is to rebuild the Selendang Ayu in scale 1:100!

I'm searching for architecture plans / building plans from the Selendang Ayu!
If you don't have them, please help me to find me! It's very difficult to find results about that in the internet!

If you are not allowed to send me the plans, please give me some scales about the ship!

I hope to hear from you!

Kind regards

kay

(here are two ships i rebuild, but the "king" projekt will be the Selendang Ayu!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXGq9TVxm1E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0lbT...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KsCw...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr3v8pOo4O4

PLEASE HELP

Old 01-16-2011, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblisse View Post
my name is kai and i'm from germany.
I build model ships and i want to rebuild the Selendang Ayu in scale 1:100

It's a very dramatic ship & nature "crash" (excuse for my bad english) and because of that it's very interesting for me to rebulid this ship as modelship in 1:100 ( it will be 225 centimeters long!!! very large!!)

I'm searching for building plans / architecture plans from the selendang ayu. I thought that perhaps you have it, because you demount the ship. (or name me the company who did it, please)
I will see what I can find for you. This is one of the videos that one of the cleanup workers made of their crew.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_SEC022A1U
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska