Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 10:24 PM

53 posts, read 121,591 times

Advertisements

HEY EVERYONE,

I have been without net, tv or news for over a week. Finally got it all hooked up today. Thank you to all for the congratulations. Valley trash huh? Haven't heard that one yet. lol They should probably see where I live and also note that I am at most 10 minutes from Hatcher Pass. HA HA HA. I LOVE it here. L O V E!!!! It is so amazing and this is considered the ugly season.

I have found one thing that sends me into a rage every single time I have to do it and that is drive on the Hwy into Anchorage during morning rush hour traffic. I have to log a complaint here. People, my fellow drivers, the left lane is the SLOW lane, the right lane is the FAST lane, if you are driving slow then for God's sake drive in the slow lane. If someone is riding your bumper then that may be an indicator that you are going toooooo SLOW! Movis Overis! That's latin for move over. lol The only thing that makes my "rage" lessen is to remember I will be working nights in about a month. Yay me!

I would love to meet with Dawn and the others. Dinner sounds like a great idea to me. Good times to be had for sure. Give me a call and we'll get together.

So far we are still very much tourists. Every time we see moose we're like ooooh, ahhhhh. There were lots of "oh wow" moments when we went up to Hatcher Pass. Amazing. Did I mention I love it here?

So far I've found the best pizza buffet and thrift clothing store. Yep, I shop thrift.

We went to the electric company to hook up service and I can't tell you how awesome it was to see quilts on the walls and people in jeans. They were so nice and gave us tons of good info about the fishing and skiing and such. Hey, did I mention I love it here?

Ahhh, one last thing before I shut up, we went outside a couple of nights ago and we were all standing on the upper story deck. When I looked up I swear to you it was like I was under a dome of stars. I'm certain I've said "oh wow" more in the week and half I've been here than I have my whole dang life. Truly, Alaska is an amazing place. I feel very fortunate to have made it here.

Alaskan Saucy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 10:29 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,129,609 times
Welcome home, again!

Old 04-16-2009, 10:40 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,851,038 times
Oh wow!!! Did you say you love it here!!!

Old 04-17-2009, 01:50 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,364,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucySophia View Post
gThe only thing that makes my "rage" lessen is to remember I will be working nights in about a month. Yay me!

Alaskan Saucy
You will definitely appreciate nights in a month, take it from me There's one spot prior to the hayflats that I can see all the headlights coming home, lighting up the "S" curves north of Eagle River off to the right.........I just jam out on my music and chill as I drive in.

It has been so bright and pretty the last few days, I've felt a little jazzed as spring makes her way here

Soooo, I'm taking you like it here

Old 04-17-2009, 07:31 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,736,965 times
Like your new name "Alaskan Saucy" can ya change it to that??? Glad to hear you love it!! Gosh I can't wait to get this house finished, on the market and get hauling up to AK!!! Sounds like you bought or rented a house, correct???
we will need to build when we get there but I can't wait to be back in Alaska and see what your seeing!!!

Old 04-17-2009, 07:36 AM

471 posts, read 1,327,708 times
Alright, Wheres the best pizza "boofay" and thrift store? Enquiring minds want to know.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:11 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,955,935 times
Have you found the worst thai food yet?

Old 04-17-2009, 10:55 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Welcome to Alaska SaucySophia.

I find the drive into Anchorage a lot less stressful if I leave either a few minutes before or after rush hour. I also find the drive into Anchorage is not as bad as the drive home. Driving to town is just part of work, but when I leave in the afternoon I just want to be home and not deal with traffic for an hour or more.

Even after 18 years, however, I still never get tired of the view. The Chugach Range looked particularly nice this morning with the sun just beginning to crest the peaks. Those "oh wow" moments never go away.

The people at MEA seem all sweet and nice now, but wait until you get your first electric bill. You may be singing a different tune then.

Old 04-17-2009, 06:39 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,364,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Welcome to Alaska SaucySophia.
Even after 18 years, however, I still never get tired of the view. The Chugach Range looked particularly nice this morning with the sun just beginning to crest the peaks. Those "oh wow" moments never go away.
I couldn't agree more I hope those oh-wow moments never go away!
Dawn

Old 04-18-2009, 11:14 AM

53 posts, read 121,591 times
Greatest pizza buffet for a good price, you all prolly know already is Sicily's Pizza. We don't have any thing like it in Indy. Thrift store is value village or something. It's a thrift store like any other but I found the nicest pair of Abercrombie and Fitch cargo khakis for 0.99 $. I was feeling the shopping high with that purchase. I also hear Bishops attic is good but I haven't been there yet.

You know what I've noticed about the people up here? If you ask anyone here for advice or info everyone and I mean everyone is willing to share what they know. It's mind boggling. The people have been so nice I love it here. lol

Alaskan Saucy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska