Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 07:51 PM

10 posts, read 25,602 times

Advertisements

If anyone's from Palmer, I'm hoping you could help me out a little bit. I live in an OLD building in Palmer. It was probably built 50-60 years ago. Well, last night I discovered that there was a basement type thing. It's a little room, then 2 sets of stairs going down. At the bottom of those stairs, there's a big open room (it kind of looks like an old, not finished basement), then, if you look to your right, there's a light on & it's a LONG tunnel leading to other buildings.

I can't find anything about it on Google, but I did ask someone about it. They told me that it used to be an old ventilation system in the 60's. He advised me not to go down there because of drug paraphernalia, & there was gangs that went down there. I didn't quite understand if he was telling me not to go down there because of gangs or because there was once drugs down there. He also told me people have disappeared down there.

All of this is built into my house. I live in an apartment next to the Palmer Bar. There isn't any doors to open except the one that goes to outside, then there's a long hallway, then stairs.

If someone could help me out, that would be awesome. I really want to know where I'm living & what that tunnel is all about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 07:53 PM

21,368 posts, read 37,973,848 times
Go explore and take pictures for us, this sounds interesting.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:19 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,186,849 times
Yes, please take some pictures. I've seen tunnels like this back in MI, and Palmer was settled by people from the mid-west, including MI.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:40 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,701,218 times
Gangs in Palmer? Using underground tunnels for drugs? Folks disapearing? I find most of that hard to believe. Might be an old root cellar.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:42 PM

I will not go down there unless I have a group of people with me. I was so scared, I was shaking so bad when I came out. IF I go down there again, it'll probably be soon when I have like 5 other people with me. There's absolutely NOTHING on the internet about it, so I'm guessing it's like top secret. I mean really, it's a HUGE tunnel, UNDERGROUND! How could it NOT be on the internet?

It's SO interesting, like, it was really cool. But I bet that the cops don't want people to know about it because there's like at least a mile or 2 of just tunnel. People could plan mass murders & robberies.

Ughhhhhh, it creeps me out, because I live on top of it.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Gangs in Palmer? Using underground tunnels for drugs? Folks disapearing? I find most of that hard to believe. Might be an old root cellar.
I find it a little hard to believe as well, but it was made back in the 60's. I really wish I had the balls to go down there again & take pictures, but I was just way too scared to be down there. There's no lights or anything, except for the one that was on in the tunnel.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:45 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,701,218 times
If it's a huge tunnel...you'd think there would be some old timers in town that would know the history behind it. Had to be a fair amount of dirt removed during excavation. Maybe a military thing from back in the day. You might call the local law enforcement and see if they know anything about it's history. Kind of weird there is power and a light down there. Somebody is paying the electric bill.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:47 PM

Does it run along, or under the road?
In times of heavy snow, I mean very heavy, they would use tunnels underground for travel. I know of a town that use to have stores underground in winter just for that reason.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:55 PM

21,368 posts, read 37,973,848 times
Underpants gnomes!!!!! You better watch your underwear!

YouTube - South Park - Gnomes 3 phases

Old 04-22-2009, 08:57 PM

They might reach up and grab your underpants, ahhhhh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska