Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 06:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,163 times

Advertisements

After almost 20 years of living in my Alaska, the time has come to move on. It saddens me to see the changes here that have taken place over the years. Long gone are the sourdoughs, the bush families monthly visits to town, cheechakos today, are not the same as they were. This used to be such a unique place to live, but not anymore. The people who have moved here in the last few years have really changed what Alaska used to be. Words have even changed. Things here were never expensive, they were "spendy". nobody says that anymore. The lower 48 attitudes have arrived in Alaska and have polluted it. Years ago I would travel by dog team to so many places. That too is gone due to the fact that everyone moved in and posted no tresspassing signs and blocked off all of the trails. (more unsocial behavior)
I remember going into the store and knowing everyone, today, I dont know anyone! Things change I guess. I remember a day when "meth" didn't even exist in Alaska. Now all of the clowns from Eastern Washington have moved here and brought their own type of white ice with them.
They all learned that Alaska has one of the highest levels of welfare, so you can imagine the quality of people that has attracted as well.
Hunting for your family used to be a part of life. I don't even go anymore because the clowns have either lied about residency and gotten tier 2 permits and I didn't, or they just go poach a moose which leaves less for others.
Alaska has changed....or, is it I who have changed? I've pondered that question and I guess it goes both ways, but I've concluded that I changed because my Alaska changed. Do I sound bitter? yeah. This was my edge of the earth. My solitude, my refuge and they came and changed it. Part of life I suppose. So one Alaskan moves out and four more "cheechakos" will move in!
The reality of this thread is that this is part of my seperation from my home. It will be so difficult for me to get to the border and look back and see all of the fond memories here. The growth of my family, the northern lights on a clear night, salmon spawning in the creek. So many good memories.
Thanks for letting me vent. It is going to take a lot for me to detatch from here and this is just a part of it. Thanks for the memori
Mod Cut

Last edited by Rance; 05-03-2009 at 08:10 PM.. Reason: Advertising some junk web site
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 06:53 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,239,745 times
umm, I have some things to say in regards to your most, but, that link at the end leads me to think of spam. ??

I would like to comment.

Old 05-03-2009, 06:58 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,429,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
umm, I have some things to say in regards to your most, but, that link at the end leads me to think of spam. ??

I would like to comment.
The OP's name is JamRacing so yeah I think it is spam. I noted this spammer spelled "memories" as memori and the OP had spelled it correctly.

Last edited by Alaskapat528; 05-03-2009 at 07:00 PM.. Reason: add

Old 05-03-2009, 06:59 PM

471 posts, read 1,327,088 times
Yep its about 3 years old

Old 05-03-2009, 07:06 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,239,745 times
Ha, speaking of misspellings, I see that I replaced post with "most".

Old 05-03-2009, 08:08 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,560,763 times
Well I have live here since long before Muldoon road was paved and I am not going anywhere other than out of Anchorage as fast as i can most of the time.

Pretty much why I live in the middle of nowhere and love it.

By the sounds of his rant, he has never been to Alaska, just read about the travel guides of what it use to be like in Anchorage.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:09 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
And your going to move where? There is no place else. Quitter!

Old 05-04-2009, 05:26 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,728,690 times
well your post was cut by the Mod...but don't repost it for me to read as you are a quitter. Unless you want to be an expatiate and move to a foreign country, you will find the same in -48's as you sound like you have been away for awhile....get a grip and a life and deal with change!!!

Old 05-04-2009, 06:35 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,805,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
deal with change!!!

But we fear change...

Old 05-04-2009, 06:38 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,801,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
But we fear change...
waitresses and waiters don't.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: