U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you approve or disapprove of Sarah Palin's job performance as Governor?
I approve. 7 46.67%
I disapprove. 8 53.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2012, 09:09 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,308,232 times

Advertisements

Well as far as Sarah as Governor... hmmm... LOL

Recent news.......... House Republicans -- saying that ending the Bush tax cuts for the rich will hurt job creators -- plan to vote later this week on a permanent extension; the Democratic-run Senate is not expected to follow suit.

What are the views of tax cuts for the rich... does it create more jobs or line big businesses pockets with more profit?... not sure where I stand anymore with politics... finger pointing... but explain to a person who works for BIG CORPORATE America where job hiring is on hold.. how tax cuts for the rich are helping?... maybe I'm missing the picture??

... now back to Sarah LOL... sorry everyone going off on political statements I couldn't resist... all the crap slinging from both ends... and yes I'm also curious where is Romney's money??.. some say he lost it... and wasn't it Romney care originally?...
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 09:41 PM

6,381 posts, read 11,944,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
Well as far as Sarah as Governor... hmmm... LOL

Recent news.......... House Republicans -- saying that ending the Bush tax cuts for the rich will hurt job creators -- plan to vote later this week on a permanent extension; the Democratic-run Senate is not expected to follow suit.

What are the views of tax cuts for the rich... does it create more jobs or line big businesses pockets with more profit?... not sure where I stand anymore with politics... finger pointing... but explain to a person who works for BIG CORPORATE America where job hiring is on hold.. how tax cuts for the rich are helping?... maybe I'm missing the picture??
The people that hire people are the ones with money, the Government taking excess tax money from them limits their enthusiasm to make new jobs and hire more people. Like having Organized Crime shaking you down for "Protection", if you don't pay, they burn you out... Government just does it differently.

The "Middle Class" are workers mostly, not the ones that will hire you in a good paying wage, just people that want to make a good living and raise a family.

So choking the Golden Goose just kills it.....

Quote:
... now back to Sarah LOL... sorry everyone going off on political statements I couldn't resist... all the crap slinging from both ends... and yes I'm also curious where is Romney's money??.. some say he lost it... and wasn't it Romney care originally?...
Romney was the Governor of a very Liberal state and as a Governor, he had a very large Democrat house and Senate, they would have passed it without him, so he played with a losing hand of cards and folded, which doesn't impress me at all. But the Tenth Amendment allows States that wish to pass that type of program. The Federal Government has no such provision in the Constitution that allows them to pass such a bill... And this fall they will find out how much they have pissed off the U.S. Population.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:45 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,308,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
The people that hire people are the ones with money, the Government taking excess tax money from them limits their enthusiasm to make new jobs and hire more people. Like having Organized Crime shaking you down for "Protection", if you don't pay, they burn you out... Government just does it differently.

The "Middle Class" are workers mostly, not the ones that will hire you in a good paying wage, just people that want to make a good living and raise a family.

So choking the Golden Goose just kills it.....

Romney was the Governor of a very Liberal state and as a Governor, he had a very large Democrat house and Senate, they would have passed it without him, so he played with a losing hand of cards and folded, which doesn't impress me at all. But the Tenth Amendment allows States that wish to pass that type of program. The Federal Government has no such provision in the Constitution that allows them to pass such a bill... And this fall they will find out how much they have pissed off the U.S. Population.
Oh Wisconsin is a great state for deep tax cuts to businesses to encourage businesses to locate here. Unfortunately me a middle class worker has put up with no raise, cut in medical coverages (doubled in cost) ... yes I understand this is only the beginning due to Obamacare right?... then no new jobs created... I see my employer buying more assets which right now seems to add to their worth not to create new jobs... corporate america is "do more with less mentality" and I have a job.. but I keep it by working extremely hard and every day have to worry if the pink slip is waiting for me. What is the answer? CHANGE... well that is what americans were promised before... I am so discouraged with what choices I have right now with the up coming election... "same old, same old" politics as usual.... Just keep an open mind is what I tell myself... keep looking past the mud slinging and stick to actual history and facts... thanks Star... I know you are very sincere ... just aggrevated that my taxes keep moving up, salaries going down... cost of living skyrockets daily... get rid of my home... live a more simple life... that is my goal for now... we shall see what the future holds

Old 07-12-2012, 09:00 AM

996 posts, read 838,971 times
About 5 years ago I started a business on the side. It wouldn't replace my income, but it does provide a cushion and some peace of mind in case my day job should suddenly disappear (especially with little ones still to look after).

Old 07-12-2012, 11:03 AM

2,597 posts, read 2,285,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Funny how everything is "Bush's Fault", well so was getting Bin Laudin then as well. It was from the intelligence network that Bush's Presidency set up, Obama claimed he would dismantle it, but was too busy trying to push Obama Care and it fell into his lap. Nope Obama is just an opportunist that claimed credit, the fact that he did it was a good thing, but was not because of anything he did other than approve it.

By the way, more US Soliders have now been killed in Afganistan than during Bush's term, and Obama claimed he would pull out. Again he lied.
First of all, The President prioritized pulling out of Iraq, which we have done except for a small token force of US troops.

Second, The President has already laid the groundwork for all US troops to be completely out of Afghanistan within roughly 10 years, so where did he "lie"?

Old 07-12-2012, 11:49 AM

6,909 posts, read 11,694,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
First of all, The President prioritized pulling out of Iraq, which we have done except for a small token force of US troops.

Second, The President has already laid the groundwork for all US troops to be completely out of Afghanistan within roughly 10 years, so where did he "lie"?
US Troops were replaced with private contractors which the US is still paying for. Obama simply engaged is a game of smoke and mirrors or cat and mouse.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:12 PM

2,597 posts, read 2,285,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
US Troops were replaced with private contractors which the US is still paying for. Obama simply engaged is a game of smoke and mirrors or cat and mouse.
Maybe, but very few compared to the number and cost of US troops used to be there.

What, no response to my second statement?

Old 07-12-2012, 11:52 PM

339 posts, read 467,559 times
Seems to me that 10 years to be in Afghanastan is a long time. Hopefully he will be out of office in Jan and the next Pres will do better by the people than this one has.

Old 07-13-2012, 01:53 PM

222 posts, read 320,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaNana View Post
Seems to me that 10 years to be in Afghanastan is a long time. Hopefully he will be out of office in Jan and the next Pres will do better by the people than this one has.
I really agree, 10 years in Afghanistan is too long. Too bad the job wasn't done right when went in 2001.

Old 07-14-2012, 02:05 AM

164 posts, read 265,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
I'm not her biggest fan, but I don't hate her, and, in fact, from California, it looked to me like she did a pretty good job up there in Alaska. I don't think she has what it takes to make it on the national stage, but I get very upset when I hear her called "stupid" or "crazy" - since I happen to believe that nobody "stupid" could have done what she did, and, done it well until the leftists went nuts on her. It also comes across as pretty misogynistic of the liberals the way they treat her.
Exactly how i feel. I did like her because she was one hell of a reformer in Alaska. I wish she was in CA to help clean it up because we need it. I admit that she isnt intilectual enough for the national stage but she was one good Governor. If the people of Alaska cant appreciate that, then they dont know what they truly had, a Governor that was really for the people. Politicians like that virtually dont exist anymore, except Mayor Cory Bucker in Newark New Jersey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska