U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 11:35 PM

243 posts, read 411,549 times

Advertisements

From where i sit as a not yet Alaska resident this is completely contadictory to common sense. The State puts out guides on bird feeding that say if you are going to be away from your home during migratory times and are an established bird feeder make sure some one covers for you because the birds will depend on that stopping point. With all respect to Hitchcock i think bears are far more scary.
Maybe the fact that this is simple common sense is why its an issue now. Common sense is being flushed away in the name of fairness and equality at the expense of logic and long term rational thought. (example...the long term effects of welfare)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 09:02 AM

17,850 posts, read 19,630,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal4now View Post
From where i sit as a not yet Alaska resident this is completely contadictory to common sense. The State puts out guides on bird feeding that say if you are going to be away from your home during migratory times and are an established bird feeder make sure some one covers for you because the birds will depend on that stopping point. With all respect to Hitchcock i think bears are far more scary.
Maybe the fact that this is simple common sense is why its an issue now. Common sense is being flushed away in the name of fairness and equality at the expense of logic and long term rational thought. (example...the long term effects of welfare)
Personally, I am in favor of shooting on sight anyone caught feeding wild critters (including birds). It would increase the overall intelligence of the entire State.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:41 AM

823 posts, read 1,488,349 times
Well, I'll be sure to keep my head down when you drive by my house this winter....

Old 05-21-2009, 12:29 AM

4,986 posts, read 8,297,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grill God View Post
Well, I'll be sure to keep my head down when you drive by my house this winter....
I have a feeling that overcrowding would not be an issue in a world run by Glitch!

Old 05-21-2009, 01:05 AM

1,435 posts, read 2,320,638 times
I'll tell you... when someone shot a road rage driver in California a while ago... it solved most traffic problems for a while. Drivers were courtious, no cutting off, no BS.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:57 AM

17,850 posts, read 19,630,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
I have a feeling that overcrowding would not be an issue in a world run by Glitch!
We are overdue for yet another mass "thinning" of the species, and I am content to allow nature to take its course. I just wish others would as well and stop trying to change things, when all they really do is cause harm.

When people feed the wildlife they are altering the natural balance of the entire ecosystem of the area. They are causing more harm than just creating an unnatural dependency for a few critters.

Anything we change has a ripple effect that could alter the entire food chain. That includes hunting and fishing. Which is why we have regulations that we abide by to keep that effect to a minimum and provide a sustainable harvest so future generations can enjoy the same experiences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska