U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 02:25 AM

1,331 posts, read 2,590,647 times

Advertisements

Welcome home! This summer has been awesome so far. We've had more days of warm temps and sunshine than we did all of last summer. Of course, I made the mistake of going with the wife down to the barn the other day in shorts and T-shirt, and got annihilated by those god***mn mosquitoes. The one day in Wasilla where the air is absolutely still....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 07:59 AM

5 posts, read 9,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Be patient about the questions you asked; this is a busy time for people in Alaska and this board has been pretty slow because of that. No need to post it over and over again.

Personally I wouldn't do the commute if I had a family to consider, especially a child in daycare; your daycare provider needs to be a lot closer to your workplace. I don't know who told you the commute was 15 minutes but they lied.
The person who "lied to me" about the commute is someone on this board..

Old 06-07-2009, 08:01 AM

5 posts, read 9,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPF View Post
Really. I saw your posts and the tight expectations you have for what would be acceptable for you upon arrival. There is a term for it. I know it as "anal retentive". There are plenty of nice people in Alaska and you would know it if you took any time to search the forum. But no, you expect to be served right away and on demand. Anal.
Anal retentive? No how about pro-active? I am looking for someone to CARE for my child (before and after school and all day in the summer. There are people out there that do it. I have one now) while I am at work, not just "Watch" my child and I don't think I should lower my expectations on that what so ever. As for the commute, someone on this board said the 15 min in good weather, so they told me a lie or gave me incorrect information. I only wanted information and I figured the more people that saw it the more information I could get, I guess I was wrong. You people only want to stay within your cliques and not help, but be-little and ridicule. I think I am re-considering my Move to that area....seems everyone is uptight and unfriendly. Far different from what I have heard about the people there. Hope you all have a wonderful life and need help from someone one day, who in turn passes you by and calls you names and ridicules you. Kharma= what goes around comes around.

Good bye, I'll move to TN instead, at least the people there are nice and willing to help, unlike Alaskan's.

Last edited by kmp1066; 06-07-2009 at 08:13 AM..

Old 06-07-2009, 08:37 AM

5,963 posts, read 10,496,834 times
Quote:
Pat, I hope you don't think I'm talking to you in my last post ...the post I was responding to has been deleted.
Met, I had to go back in the posts and look LOL. That was obviously someone who just didn't want to do research on the posts. No, I never even thought it was directed at me. I've been so busy getting the house back in order and am just plain exhausted. We had been on the road 7-days coming back; took us longer because we brought my MIL with us due to her health issues and had to make more frequent stops and we had our 2 dogs and MIL's dog also with us. Let me tell ya, that was a trip.
Are you staying up here all summer?

Last edited by Alaskapat528; 06-07-2009 at 08:40 AM.. Reason: add

Old 06-07-2009, 08:39 AM

21,358 posts, read 32,312,626 times
Pat, post pics of the trip!

Old 06-07-2009, 08:42 AM

5,963 posts, read 10,496,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
Pat, post pics of the trip!
I will as soon as hubby downloads them. I didn't take alot of pics this time but did get some nice ones.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:04 AM

21,358 posts, read 32,312,626 times
I have Alcan north and southbound pics floating around CD.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:26 AM

20,427 posts, read 26,555,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmp1066 View Post

Good bye, I'll move to TN instead, at least the people there are nice and willing to help, unlike Alaskan's.

Oh...I know a boy from TN and his accent makes me melt

If you come across any good 'shine secrets please let me know, okay?

I don't know or care who "on this board" told you the commute was only 15 min.; though I don't believe that anyone here who lives in the Valley would intentionally mislead you on that. It's over 35 miles to Wasilla from Anchorage and that alone should tell you something about the commute. Good luck to you though

Pat, I'm exhausted too. I feel like I should get out and get some pictures while we're having this great weather here though. I'm looking forward to seeing yours.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:21 PM

6,992 posts, read 10,385,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmp1066 View Post
Anal retentive? No how about pro-active? I am looking for someone to CARE for my child (before and after school and all day in the summer. There are people out there that do it. I have one now) while I am at work, not just "Watch" my child and I don't think I should lower my expectations on that what so ever. As for the commute, someone on this board said the 15 min in good weather, so they told me a lie or gave me incorrect information. I only wanted information and I figured the more people that saw it the more information I could get, I guess I was wrong. You people only want to stay within your cliques and not help, but be-little and ridicule. I think I am re-considering my Move to that area....seems everyone is uptight and unfriendly. Far different from what I have heard about the people there. Hope you all have a wonderful life and need help from someone one day, who in turn passes you by and calls you names and ridicules you. Kharma= what goes around comes around.

whew!!! your going to TN....we have found everyone on this board extremely helpful in some way, shape or form. We considered TN and are glad we choose AK!! We look forward to meeting the Alaskan CD people in person, look forward to much more of their humor, sarcasm, and just plain being neighbors amongst people with lots of integrity!! We will learn much more from these wonderful online Alaskan people once living in AK!

Old 06-07-2009, 03:24 PM

6,992 posts, read 10,385,056 times
Quote:
Oh...I know a boy from TN and his accent makes me melt

If you come across any good 'shine secrets please let me know, okay?

I don't know or care who "on this board" told you the commute was only 15 min.; though I don't believe that anyone here who lives in the Valley would intentionally mislead you on that. It's over 35 miles to Wasilla from Anchorage and that alone should tell you something about the commute. Good luck to you though

Pat, I'm exhausted too. I feel like I should get out and get some pictures while we're having this great weather here though. I'm looking forward to seeing yours.
Met..would ya shoot off some pics of the turf you live on??? would love to see what it is like. Some day maybe we can make our way down to see your part of the state!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska