U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-02-2009, 01:24 AM
 
20,482 posts, read 26,621,404 times
Reputation: 13199

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
I hope. I'm just worried that a teenage girl is going to put me into an early grave.
You've got a while to go. And it doesn't have to be that way. People ask me quite often how I raised such a fine lad...the only thing I can say is to keep them talking. Get into the habit early...doesn't matter about what. Just keep them talking. Make conversation a priority. The rest will work itself out, especially when she goes through that natural teenage rebellion/separation thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-02-2009, 01:26 AM
 
Location: Wasilla
1,331 posts, read 2,593,240 times
Reputation: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
You've got a while to go. And it doesn't have to be that way. People ask me quite often how I raised such a fine lad...the only thing I can say is to keep them talking. Get into the habit early...doesn't matter about what. Just keep them talking. Make conversation a priority. The rest will work itself out, especially when she goes through that natural teenage rebellion/separation thing.
I've actually heard that before. Thanks for the tip!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2009, 01:31 AM
 
20,482 posts, read 26,621,404 times
Reputation: 13199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
I've actually heard that before. Thanks for the tip!
Yeah, and if that doesn't work, just be sure you have a lot of hooch on hand to see you through the teen years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2009, 02:10 AM
 
Location: Casa Grande, AZ
8,685 posts, read 14,190,280 times
Reputation: 10300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
You've got a while to go. And it doesn't have to be that way. People ask me quite often how I raised such a fine lad...the only thing I can say is to keep them talking. Get into the habit early...doesn't matter about what. Just keep them talking. Make conversation a priority. The rest will work itself out, especially when she goes through that natural teenage rebellion/separation thing.
So true My mid is 27, but he is my best friend, as well as my 34 year boy...girls another story, but I can say I have a very good relationship with my youngest girls... 22 and 24....was testy, but turned out well now...and loves the grands..., by the way...great pic of the little one satch...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2009, 11:14 AM
 
Location: Wasilla
1,331 posts, read 2,593,240 times
Reputation: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
So true My mid is 27, but he is my best friend, as well as my 34 year boy...girls another story, but I can say I have a very good relationship with my youngest girls... 22 and 24....was testy, but turned out well now...and loves the grands..., by the way...great pic of the little one satch...
Thanks. She's my sweetheart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 12:09 AM
 
Location: Homer Ak.
243 posts, read 411,651 times
Reputation: 130
I have a 2 wins 1 loss record with the boys. Yes all 3 boys. The loss was oldest stepson that once actually tried to convince me Christmas vacation started a week earlier then it really did. Then stole 50 dollars to play video games at the mall with his early vacation. After being caught stuck to the story he thought he was on vacation!
The good news is all i ever had to tell my other 2 boys was "im dissapointed in you". That did wonders.
Can we get back to talking about salmonberry brandy and how i can get some??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 12:16 AM
 
Location: Casa Grande, AZ
8,685 posts, read 14,190,280 times
Reputation: 10300
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal4now View Post
I have a 2 wins 1 loss record with the boys. Yes all 3 boys. The loss was oldest stepson that once actually tried to convince me Christmas vacation started a week earlier then it really did. Then stole 50 dollars to play video games at the mall with his early vacation. After being caught stuck to the story he thought he was on vacation!
The good news is all i ever had to tell my other 2 boys was "im dissapointed in you". That did wonders.
Can we get back to talking about salmonberry brandy and how i can get some??????
LOL...Met has the still, but we don't talk about that....she will let you know...I have in on low bush cranberries now...so can gather a bunch...if we can build a still...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 12:23 AM
 
Location: Homer Ak.
243 posts, read 411,651 times
Reputation: 130
Quote:
LOL...Met has the still, but we don't talk about that....she will let you know...I have in on low bush cranberries now...so can gather a bunch...if we can build a still...
Will have the reasearch completed very soon! BTW "For Personal Use Only". that should take care of any Fed trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 01:38 AM
 
Location: Too far from Alaska
1,435 posts, read 2,320,832 times
Reputation: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
I hope. I'm just worried that a teenage girl is going to put me into an early grave.
Satch, my teenage girl just graduated from college. You'll do just fine if you'll be dad and a friend. I did. Homework, reading, tattoos. Than came a steady boyfriend and a visit to a gyne. She did good. Maybe I deserve some of the credit, but it sure beats accepting some of the blame that could have come from being indifferent so to speak. And yes, now, the freedom is sweet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 01:44 AM
 
Location: Casa Grande, AZ
8,685 posts, read 14,190,280 times
Reputation: 10300
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPF View Post
Satch, my teenage girl just graduated from college. You'll do just fine if you'll be dad and a friend. I did. Homework, reading, tattoos. Than came a steady boyfriend and a visit to a gyne. She did good. Maybe I deserve some of the credit, but it sure beats accepting some of the blame that could have come from being indifferent so to speak. And yes, now, the freedom is sweet.
Kudos...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top