U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 03:08 PM

164 posts, read 277,018 times

Advertisements

Hello all.. well I am not saying the tides are turning but some recent good news is leaving me a little optimistic.. going back to basics to make all this a little more realistic. Selling the camper as I know I can not afford the gas to pull it there.. reevaluating what I am bringing with me and what can wait.. possible trying to find someone to drive my truck up for me with my stuff in it so I do not have to worry bout the CBP and just fly myself up.. Trying to make things work..

I have been offered a very reasonable round trip airline ticket to come up for a little vacation, I think I may take up the offer. I am now trying to decide if I want to come up toward the end of November or the 2nd week in December. I am very excited about the possibility's of seeing the beautiful state in the winter and during the holiday months. I get to stay in the house I am to rent when I move in Palmer so I can get a feel of my home the city and do a little job scouting.

Anyway.. as usual, any advise welcome.. lots to think about and plan.. r maybe thats the problem, I think and plan to much.. Just need to close my eyes and make a fun adventure out of it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 03:20 PM

21,358 posts, read 32,312,626 times
One thing, you need to stop thinking/scaring yourself everyday. Take it one day at a time and don't worry so much, you can get through this and make it up here.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:28 PM

4,986 posts, read 8,286,279 times
IMO, it's always a pain flying around the Thanksgiving season at the end of November. 2nd week of December might be a little bit easier?

Old 10-05-2009, 04:05 PM

6,992 posts, read 10,385,056 times
GRAB that ticket and fly baby fly!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajadrmin View Post
Hello all.. well I am not saying the tides are turning but some recent good news is leaving me a little optimistic.. going back to basics to make all this a little more realistic. Selling the camper as I know I can not afford the gas to pull it there.. reevaluating what I am bringing with me and what can wait.. possible trying to find someone to drive my truck up for me with my stuff in it so I do not have to worry bout the CBP and just fly myself up.. Trying to make things work..

I have been offered a very reasonable round trip airline ticket to come up for a little vacation, I think I may take up the offer. I am now trying to decide if I want to come up toward the end of November or the 2nd week in December. I am very excited about the possibility's of seeing the beautiful state in the winter and during the holiday months. I get to stay in the house I am to rent when I move in Palmer so I can get a feel of my home the city and do a little job scouting.

Anyway.. as usual, any advise welcome.. lots to think about and plan.. r maybe thats the problem, I think and plan to much.. Just need to close my eyes and make a fun adventure out of it!!

Old 10-05-2009, 05:20 PM

11,836 posts, read 24,972,829 times
You're lucky that you're going to be able to come up in the winter.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:00 AM

164 posts, read 277,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
You're lucky that you're going to be able to come up in the winter.
I know, that is what is making it such an easy decision!! except I think I need to go buy a winter coat... I really hope there are some festivities going on for the holidays.. I will be on my own the whole week so I need something to do where I can mingle with the community; there just has to be right?? Can you see the Northern Lights in December in Palmer????

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
GRAB that ticket and fly baby fly!!!!
Ha.. think I just might.. the problem will be getting myself to come back..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
IMO, it's always a pain flying around the Thanksgiving season at the end of November. 2nd week of December might be a little bit easier?
My thought exactly.. Dec. is better for me anyway I think.. bout to go in the boss's office to see if it is possible.. wish me luck..

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
One thing, you need to stop thinking/scaring yourself everyday. Take it one day at a time and don't worry so much, you can get through this and make it up here.
Thank you.. that is always my problem.. thinking to much.. life has just been so bad for so long.. my patients have been worn thin.. I want to be happy again.. And I WILL be..

Old 10-06-2009, 04:21 PM

11,836 posts, read 24,972,829 times
Quote:
I know, that is what is making it such an easy decision!! except I think I need to go buy a winter coat... I really hope there are some festivities going on for the holidays.. I will be on my own the whole week so I need something to do where I can mingle with the community; there just has to be right?? Can you see the Northern Lights in December in Palmer????
I know there are all sorts of craft fairs going on. The lights were out in Wasilla when I was there albeit only briefly.

Quote:
Truer words were never spoken. I extended my stay a few days, but unfortunately I had to return.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:16 PM

6,992 posts, read 10,385,056 times
ha...I went on a 2 week vacation to Alaska in 1981, called my husband and told him to sell the house, quit his job and get up here!! well he didn't...I spent 3 months then flew him up and drove back....we could have been living there all this time!!! we own land in Alaska and we will be there in 2011...if only he had listened!!! if you get the chance...no material possession is worth it....STAY...it will work out....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or