Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 10:42 PM

7 posts, read 13,366 times

Advertisements

I've noticed some old posts that seem to give pretty good information.

I'm about to graduate from UTI with my degree in Auto/Diesel/Industrial w/ a concentration in Cummins Power Gen.

I'm planning to move to Alaska around January sometime after i grad in december.

now i keep finding random Diesel jobs here and there.. and I've had some conversations with at least two of the Generator companies in the Anchorage Area. However, my internet searches have turned up almost nothing.

I go to school with several Alaskan Locals and Natives who tell me that Power Gen is HUGE in Alaska. but the problem is I cant really seem to find much.. and since i don't live there yet, I dont know who exactly to talk to.

If anyone has an idea or some insight or even a job to offer. please.. respond to this thread or feel free to Email me personally at FallenGuardian2012@Gmail.com

I thank you all for your time and Good Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 10:44 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,129,609 times
Alaska Village Electric Cooperative

Old 08-13-2009, 11:00 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,228,708 times
You can always check out my company, as we do a lot of work for AEA and local village power co-ops. Send me a DM.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
thank you

there one of the companies I've spoken with already. but thank you very much

Old 08-14-2009, 09:08 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,736,011 times
ummm...thought UTI was suppose to "place" you? another words set you up with employers.
I will check the paperwork we have from them. Hubby will be looking for diesel work in Alaska in 2011 so please it would be nice to keep this thread going. Plus let us know how your making out in your plans to move. Good luck to you.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
ummm...thought UTI was suppose to "place" you? another words set you up with employers.
I will check the paperwork we have from them. Hubby will be looking for diesel work in Alaska in 2011 so please it would be nice to keep this thread going. Plus let us know how your making out in your plans to move. Good luck to you.

they do.. place us. but.. im paying my way thru power gen so im a free agent..i dont like leaving things to chance.. if they find me a job.. gravy.. but id rather do my own promoting..

Diesel work seems to be everywhere.. im just trying to be specific here. I really like the prospect of being out in the field workin on generators..

when did your hubby start?

Old 08-14-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faolen Marrok View Post
they do.. place us. but.. im paying my way thru power gen so im a free agent..i dont like leaving things to chance.. if they find me a job.. gravy.. but id rather do my own promoting..

Diesel work seems to be everywhere.. im just trying to be specific here. I really like the prospect of being out in the field workin on generators..

when did your hubby start?
He is starting school this Sept. UTI doesn't have a course close to us sooo long drive every day as the school is in another state but hey....it's what he wants to do for a living now!! Fortunately his schooling is being paid for!! Hope you find a job!! By the way...which part of Alaska do you plan on being in???

Old 08-14-2009, 07:33 PM

well where ever i can find work. it doesnt really matter.. so far anchorage seems to be my port of call.. theres alot of Alaskan's down here in phoenix. which campus does ur hubby drive to?

Old 08-15-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faolen Marrok View Post
well where ever i can find work. it doesnt really matter.. so far anchorage seems to be my port of call.. theres alot of Alaskan's down here in phoenix. which campus does ur hubby drive to?
He'll be driving to Baron Institute in Connecticut.

Old 08-15-2009, 02:59 PM

sounds like a fun drive.. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska