Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 09:54 PM

244 posts, read 485,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
dang cheap tourist won't spend the $$. picked them up themselves....just like clamming they could do it themselves for free!! Course times have changed and the $$ people pay people like me to do it for them now as they haven't a clue how to do the simplest of things!! snicker snicker... An don't any of you guys in AK tell them how to do things themselves....we need a job market!!!
In socal we used to have dory fisherman out at Newport beach pier that would run their skiffs out for fresh fish they would sell to people on the pier in the PM. Soon as these guys heard that eastern accent the mackerel they caught for tommorows bait was sold for a "really good" price. They just didnt mention that the difference between east coast mackerel and west coast is that the west coast stuff is only good for catfood.

back to Alaska now. i shell shee sells by the she shore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 11:28 PM

1,122 posts, read 4,487,117 times
Default Adf&g

Crabbing and shrimping are covered in the Alaska Dept. of Game and Fish handbooks, look under "personal use shellfish" for the regs. Down here in Haines we mostly get Dungenness crab, good eating!

Old 06-09-2009, 02:03 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,846,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
dang cheap tourist won't spend the $$. picked them up themselves....just like clamming they could do it themselves for free!! Course times have changed and the $$ people pay people like me to do it for them now as they haven't a clue how to do the simplest of things!! snicker snicker... An don't any of you guys in AK tell them how to do things themselves....we need a job market!!!
At least coming off the Ninilchik beach, going through the village, all kinds of stands to clean your clams for $$$....that is once past the F&G coming off the beach..., need them done fast..don't want layin' around...

Old 06-09-2009, 10:50 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,732,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorhead View Post
Crabbing and shrimping are covered in the Alaska Dept. of Game and Fish handbooks, look under "personal use shellfish" for the regs. Down here in Haines we mostly get Dungenness crab, good eating!
Rotorhead...posting that picture of a bowl of crab was just dang mean of you! me wants fresh Alaskan crab too!!

Old 06-09-2009, 08:24 PM

7,497 posts, read 5,748,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
M80's are much easier on the back!!! snicker snicker!!! eat lots for me and drool butter all over your chin!!! we'll war over clam turf next year or we can be clamming buds and have one heck of a clam bake!!! owwww...clam chowda, clam cakes, fried clams, clams on the 1.2 shell....gosh it is endless!!!! can ya tell I grew up on the seashore!!???
Shoot me or akvarmit a PM when your ready and we will pack a tent and head for the inlet..

Old 06-09-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
At least coming off the Ninilchik beach, going through the village, all kinds of stands to clean your clams for $$$....that is once past the F&G coming off the beach..., need them done fast..don't want layin' around...
I passed them and for a brief moment ever so brief.... then I thought it wouldn't be right to have someone else clean my catch.. LAZY! Although that clam gun has a tendency to separate your torso from your lower back.. I thought I was going to have to hit the ER my lower back hurt so back..

Old 06-10-2009, 01:04 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,846,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I passed them and for a brief moment ever so brief.... then I thought it wouldn't be right to have someone else clean my catch.. LAZY! Although that clam gun has a tendency to separate your torso from your lower back.. I thought I was going to have to hit the ER my lower back hurt so back..
You butt, you went right by me...and I bet you were clamming just north from the village out from a bunch of beach shacks with boats and hoopty little trucks...that is man-guys bro's if you were there, where we go party and fish...that is our summer haven...anyway...you could have stopped ya know...

Old 06-10-2009, 02:17 PM

860 posts, read 2,055,660 times
TA DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-10-2009, 03:26 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,226,380 times
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!

Old 06-10-2009, 04:24 PM

GOOD JOB!! Time for supper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska