U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 08:52 PM

20,428 posts, read 26,555,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Letterman was talking about Palin and daughter visiting NY, and her daughter being cropped by a baseball player. "The first dude having rape fantasies?" What are you talking about?
He/she is probably referencing certain of Todd's blowhard comments about the incident.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:02 PM

1,435 posts, read 2,318,171 times
As mentioned many times, Palin's asking for it. Inexperience, lack of basic knowledge facts and double standarts for morality AND law made her the laughing stock of last elections. So the joke was inapropriate. Get over it, comedians and commentators do it all the time. I doubt she'll be able to change much before 2012 and the show will be on again...

Old 06-11-2009, 09:04 PM

21,358 posts, read 32,312,626 times
Or she'll get more worse before then. Once an idiot, always an idiot!

Old 06-11-2009, 09:06 PM

1,272 posts, read 1,979,027 times
I've watched this go back and forth and it's obvious that most won't agree on this.
Depending on one's politics you will see it in your own way.

When Palin stepped into the political arena both on the state and national levels she made the decision to have her family at every event and center stage.
But I feel once you invite the press in you can't get them out.
Most politicians families are only known to the public on election day for the photo op or when they are arrested and it's noted whose child they are.

Letterman took his top 10 list shot at a political figure Palin and her family.
Remember this is a family who gives interviews and had become almost a reality series
on their own.
His comment wasn't in good taste "during the seventh inning, her daughter was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez".
Letterman didn't say which daughter and I for one on hearing this assumed it was a reference to the 18 year old who is on every magazine cover discussing her pregnancy and child.
He also took the shot at A-Rod who is notorious for his jumping from woman to woman tendency.

The rape comment was made by Todd Palin in his referring to Lettermans remarks.
Until Todd and Sarah spoke on this no one knew that the 14 year old was on this trip.
FYI I didn't see this kid in the NY Post or Daily News, only Sarah and Todd.
(also didn't see Sarahs sister and her son who apparently were there also).

oh fyi....if Letterman actually knew which daughter was at the game he would have know that
Palin and crew left after the 6th inning...didn't even make it to the stretch.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:10 PM

20,428 posts, read 26,555,365 times
Personally, I am sick and tired of the governor calling foul every time someone breathes in the wrong octave concerning her little angels. It is as if she courts that sort of thing just to use it to fire up her "base".

Old 06-11-2009, 09:15 PM

8,685 posts, read 14,170,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykat View Post
I've watched this go back and forth and it's obvious that most won't agree on this.
Depending on one's politics you will see it in your own way.

When Palin stepped into the political arena both on the state and national levels she made the decision to have her family at every event and center stage.
But I feel once you invite the press in you can't get them out.
Most politicians families are only known to the public on election day for the photo op or when they are arrested and it's noted whose child they are.

Letterman took his top 10 list shot at a political figure Palin and her family.
Remember this is a family who gives interviews and had become almost a reality series
on their own.
His comment wasn't in good taste "during the seventh inning, her daughter was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez".
Letterman didn't say which daughter and I for one on hearing this assumed it was a reference to the 18 year old who is on every magazine cover discussing her pregnancy and child.
He also took the shot at A-Rod who is notorious for his jumping from woman to woman tendency.

The rape comment was made by Todd Palin in his referring to Lettermans remarks.
Until Todd and Sarah spoke on this no one knew that the 14 year old was on this trip.
FYI I didn't see this kid in the NY Post or Daily News, only Sarah and Todd.
(also didn't see Sarahs sister and her son who apparently were there also).

oh fyi....if Letterman actually knew which daughter was at the game he would have know that
Palin and crew left after the 6th inning...didn't even make it to the stretch.
Jersey...can't rep you right now...but agree...all in a day and more publicity coming their way, good, bad, or indifferent...

Old 06-11-2009, 09:26 PM

2,043 posts, read 4,399,907 times
Letterman apologized. Please , she'll get past her 'hurt' feelings and will be back to race baiting soon enough...

Old 06-11-2009, 10:22 PM

5,352 posts, read 15,858,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Who was with Palin in NY, Bristol or Willow?
I have no idea, but if I had to guess, it was Willow. Otherwise there wouldn't have been references to a 14 year old all over the place.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:27 PM

6,381 posts, read 11,946,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
Letterman apologized. Please , she'll get past her 'hurt' feelings and will be back to race baiting soon enough...
Not really, he said he "Maybe he regretted it"... That wasn't the same as apologizing with your hat in your hand. He made fun of his having to even address it. Nope, not a bit of sincerity there at all....

Don't really matter, don't plan on watching his show anyway. Most of his comedy has gone down hill for the last bunch of years.

Had someone said that about Obama's daughter's, I would think they were just as much scum as Letterman is... Even though I don't care for Obama and his policies, his kids shouldn't have to be subjected to such ridicule either. That doesn't seem to be a common thread for those on the left side of the Isle....

Old 06-11-2009, 10:30 PM

8,685 posts, read 14,170,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
I have no idea, but if I had to guess, it was Willow. Otherwise there wouldn't have been references to a 14 year old all over the place.
I hate to defend him, but when he was on tonight on e-entertainment which I don't watch, but he tried to repent and they showed pics of Bristol...as obnoxious as he is...I don't think he would refer to Willow...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska