U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2009, 10:33 PM

243 posts, read 410,916 times

Advertisements

Watching libs try to spin this is an amazing study in only seeing one side and refusing to look beyond it.

Try looking honestly at what the reaction would have been if these jokes where made about any liberal politician! The politician said to look like a slutty stewardess? WOW you know the NOW group would have calling for whoever said thats head. Look how angry they got when people commented on what Hillary wore during the primaries and how unfair that was when the didnt do the same to obama.
It doesnt matter which daughter was being referred to, Saying a politicians child is so promiscious that she couldnt resist a quickie with a baseball player? Republicans have been drummed out of office for far less offensive comments and please dont try the Rush said something rude about chelsea 20 years ago argument. The fact is if he did then he was just as wrong then as Letterman is now! Thats a pretty poor argument.
I know some here really hate Palin but it isnt her driving these issues. Its the conservative talk shows because they are pointing out the medias hypocracy. The Palin's had one press conference in response. I hardly call that using it for more press. Again if this was a liberal woman you would be cheering every word of protest she said!

Old 06-11-2009, 10:37 PM

20,417 posts, read 26,539,344 times
Palin should resign as gov. so she can campaign for 2012 full time and let Sean Parnell continue to run the state.

Who knows if Letterman even wrote the joke; most of them have staff writers. I quit watching him a long time ago--too frat boy but hell, he's a comedian.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:42 PM

20,417 posts, read 26,539,344 times
Not really, so-cal. I'm old enough to recall Rush's remarks about Chelsea Clinton, which were much worse than anything DL said about the Palins. I just considered the source and didn't get my tail in a knot over it.

Whoops I brought up the Rush thing before I read the rest of your comments.

I'm confused. First you say to ask yourself how we would feel if it were a liberal pol. and then you say to not bring it up.

The difference between Rush and DL is that Rush has pretensions of being a political commentator and Letterman is a late night comedian.

Plenty has been said about Hilary, Michelle et al. Nothing that I get all worked up about, personally.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:43 PM

1,255 posts, read 1,854,874 times
Oooh the puritanical wussies here have their fruits of the loom tied in knots with faux outrage. Notrees is pleased reveal that Momma P is secretly thrilled over the kerfuffle. Notrees wonders if Momma P had fantasies of her own oggling those well-built baseball players. They do fantasize at that age, don't they?

Old 06-11-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Letterman is a punk. If he said that about my daughter he'd be without testicles in a few short days. He couldn't hire enough security to protect himself.
Let us get this straight: you would assault a comedian because you found his words offensive?

Would you also threaten a fellow poster here because you disagree with that poster's views? I mean, what exactly are your limits before you become hostile to fellow posters on this group? It would be good to know.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:53 PM

243 posts, read 410,916 times
Quote:
Not really, so-cal. I'm old enough to recall Rush's remarks about Chelsea Clinton, which were much worse than anything DL said about the Palins. I just considered the source and didn't get my tail in a knot over it.

Whoops I brought up the Rush thing before I read the rest of your comments.

I'm confused. First you say to ask yourself how we would feel if it were a liberal pol. and then you say to not bring it up.

The difference between Rush and DL is that Rush has pretensions of being a political commentator and Letterman is a late night comedian.

Plenty has been said about Hilary, Michelle et al. Nothing that I get all worked up about, personally.
I dont remember those oh so offensive remarks so maybe you could enlighten me but it wont change my argument that he was WRONG too and thats a poor reason to support someone else saying something wrong

If you are going to stick to the Rush attacked a politicians kid first argument then you have made my point in that i to am old enough to remember the public outcry over the matter. How many newspapers and network news shows called for his firing? How many have called for DL's firing?

Course there is always the old adage 2 wrongs dont make a right.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:55 PM

There is a big difference between Chelsea Clinton and Bristol Palin. Clinton never thrust herself into the public eye during the time her father was in office. Briston Palin has. BIG difference.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:56 PM

8,685 posts, read 14,165,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal4now View Post
Watching libs try to spin this is an amazing study in only seeing one side and refusing to look beyond it.

Try looking honestly at what the reaction would have been if these jokes where made about any liberal politician! The politician said to look like a slutty stewardess? WOW you know the NOW group would have calling for whoever said thats head. Look how angry they got when people commented on what Hillary wore during the primaries and how unfair that was when the didnt do the same to obama.
It doesnt matter which daughter was being referred to, Saying a politicians child is so promiscious that she couldnt resist a quickie with a baseball player? Republicans have been drummed out of office for far less offensive comments and please dont try the Rush said something rude about chelsea 20 years ago argument. The fact is if he did then he was just as wrong then as Letterman is now! Thats a pretty poor argument.
I know some here really hate Palin but it isnt her driving these issues. Its the conservative talk shows because they are pointing out the medias hypocracy. The Palin's had one press conference in response. I hardly call that using it for more press. Again if this was a liberal woman you would be cheering every word of protest she said!
Sorry, but Palin put herself in that position and has thrived on it...I doubt he meant Willow, and God forbid I defend him,but in his 'apology' he referred to Bristol which makes sense...she is the one that gave birth and is now abstinent...God help reality...unless she gets a tubal...Palin has thrived on this media since before last August...she is milking it now, not Alaska foremost in her mind, but her own agenda...What has she done positive for Alaska in the last few months...I am embarrassed, but glad I was not here to vote her in as gov...She is slowly, but surely letting all down...with this economy and if she is so devoted to her state, she needs to be here doing what she can...,she chooses to travel to push the private agenda...I hope someone else can come in and salvage Alaska, and make her close to what she was...

Old 06-11-2009, 10:58 PM

6,904 posts, read 11,690,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Let us get this straight: you would assault a comedian because you found his words offensive?

Would you also threaten a fellow poster here because you disagree with that poster's views? I mean, what exactly are your limits before you become hostile to fellow posters on this group? It would be good to know.
If a comedian or anyone made those comments about my daughter I'd have no problem with doing a whack job on them. None at all. Read my words carefully.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
If a comedian or anyone made those comments about my daughter I'd have no problem with doing a whack job on them. None at all. Read my words carefully.
You will be breaking the law of the land. What law would the comedian be breaking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska