Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 12:06 AM

243 posts, read 483,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Sorry, but Palin put herself in that position and has thrived on it...I doubt he meant Willow, and God forbid I defend him,but in his 'apology' he referred to Bristol which makes sense...she is the one that gave birth and is now abstinent...God help reality...unless she gets a tubal...Palin has thrived on this media since before last August...she is milking it now, not Alaska foremost in her mind, but her own agenda...What has she done positive for Alaska in the last few months...I am embarrassed, but glad I was not here to vote her in as gov...She is slowly, but surely letting all down...with this economy and if she is so devoted to her state, she needs to be here doing what she can...,she chooses to travel to push the private agenda...I hope someone else can come in and salvage Alaska, and make her close to what she was...
I in no way commented on her running Alaska. Im not there and wouldnt presume to know what she is doing there. My sole point was how different the reaction would have been and was when a liberal woman was attacked rather then a conservative woman. Hate her all you want but know if these type of attacks are acceptable because you dont like her then be ready to accept them about someone you do like.

Maybe im just to old. I remember manners, politeness and even common curtesy among those with differing views.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:07 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,761,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
You will be breaking the law of the land. What law would the comedian be breaking?
I think you would admit the comedian was not funny, but it is the circumstances that lead to the comments, but still does not make it right, the old addage...it takes two...and she (Sarah) has more than willingly played into the spotlight.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:09 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,251,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal4now View Post
My sole point was how different the reaction would have been and was when a liberal woman was attacked rather then a conservative woman.
Liberal women are attacked every single day by puritanical cretins. Ask any intelligent liberal woman - if you can recognize one, that is - what it is to be of a liberal, independent and intelligent mind.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
I think you would admit the comedian was not funny, but it is the circumstances that lead to the comments, but still does not make it right, the old addage...it takes two...and she (Sarah) has more than willingly played into the spotlight.
Granny,

Bad taste is bad taste. It is allowed by law. Decent people rightly condemn it, but they do not go about doing a "whack job." The price we pay for living in a free country is that we have to put up sometimes with things we don't like to hear. Stiffnecked's approach is exactly the one espoused by the jihadists. You know, like those same Islamists who wanted to do a number on that Danish cartoonist.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:16 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,612,005 times
Like I said it wouldn't bother me. I'll take the assault charge. Sometimes honor, integrity and dignity come with a price. Probably something your not familiar with.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:17 AM

243 posts, read 483,409 times
Quote:
Liberal women are attacked every single day by puritanical cretins. Ask any intelligent liberal woman - if you can recognize one, that is - what it is to be of a liberal, independent and intelligent mind.
Cute answer but did nothing to explain the mainstream medias indifference to this issue and how different that reaction would have been had it been a liberal woman and her daughter being talked about.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:25 AM

8,685 posts, read 16,761,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Like I said it wouldn't bother me. I'll take the assault charge. Sometimes honor, integrity and dignity come with a price. Probably something your not familiar with.
I think time after time, putting oneself and family 'knowingly' in the spotlight versus an outright blatant attack are two different things, if blatant attack, I would defend mine also...but this has been going on...like I said, I despise Letterman from the get go, along with Rush and whomever else in that category...a few on Fox News too...., but they go after who opens the door to come in, and she has been doing so for a while now...if his attack would have been on Willow, I would be more vehement...it was directed at Bristol, who found herself pregnant along with the nation, world as her mother allowed it flaunted, now the donor has been banished and the girl is now abstinent again, since giving birth and being in the spotlight....can't wait for the next chapter in the book....

Last edited by Grannysroost; 06-12-2009 at 12:27 AM.. Reason: S p a c e... :)

Old 06-12-2009, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
In other words, you are telling us that you are no different than the Islamic radicals who are intent on destroying our country and our fellow citizens. They, too, say things that are very similar to what you say. They, too, talk about the honor, dignity, and integrity of their religion and believe that Americans have insulted their beliefs. So, stiffnecked, are you admitting here that you are akin to these vile fellows?

Last edited by notreesininceland; 06-12-2009 at 12:35 AM..

Old 06-12-2009, 12:33 AM

The criminal who assassinated Dr. Tiller could perhaps claim he was defending the "honor, integrity and dignity" of human life because his system of beliefs did not admit abortion as a lawful practice (which it is) under the constitution of our country. You can see where this kind of spurious thinking logically leads to.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal4now View Post
Cute answer but did nothing to explain the mainstream medias indifference to this issue and how different that reaction would have been had it been a liberal woman and her daughter being talked about.
This "mainstream media" piffle is a silly Fox News talking point. Who or what exactly is this mainstream media? Isn't Fox part of the "mainstream media" it pretends to exempt itself from? With today's worldwide web, there are a zillion sources of media to choose from. I read both the Left and Right leaning media outlets. Nobody is handcuffing anyone from expressing whatever it is they want to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska