U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 12:51 AM

6,961 posts, read 11,764,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
In other words, you are telling us that you are no different than the Islamic radicals who are intent on destroying our country and our fellow citizens. They, too, say things that are very similar to what you say. They, too, talk about the honor, dignity, and integrity of their religion and believe that Americans have insulted their beliefs. So, stiffnecked, are you admitting here that you are akin to these vile fellows?
Your obviously not paying close attention here are you? Did I say anything about killing anyone? Tonya Harding and her boyfriend did a "whack job" on Nancy Kerrigan. Taking out a knee cap isn't the same thing as a beheading in a public square.

Like I said, insult MY daugthers and you should be prepared to pay the price. There is no comedy in insulting my daughters or anyone else's.

Nothing that Letterman said rose to the level of comedy. It wasn't funny, it had no punch line. I'm beginning to think all liberals such as yourself have no sense of decency.

Last edited by stiffnecked; 06-12-2009 at 01:07 AM..

Old 06-12-2009, 12:56 AM

25,976 posts, read 50,069,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I can sympathize, though. I thought old Rush's low point was when he made those disgusting comments about the Clinton's daughter some years ago. He has since proved that he can sink to depths I hadn't imagined that anyone could.
Rush apoligized for it publicly and said he crossed the line...

Nothing preventing Letterman from doing the same...

I used to watch his show all the time and hardly ever these days... just doesn't have the same appeal.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Well....if you are in politics, and your 17 daughter goes out and starts screwing dudes and gets knocked up....people are going to react to that. Especially if you claim to be "christian" and "moral" and stand for "family values".
I never heard that Bristol was sleeping around...

People make mistakes and that's life... all you can do is make the best of it.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Palin should resign as gov. so she can campaign for 2012 full time and let Sean Parnell continue to run the state.

Who knows if Letterman even wrote the joke; most of them have staff writers. I quit watching him a long time ago--too frat boy but hell, he's a comedian.
Do Governors ever resign when answering a higher calling as Governor Bill Clinton put it so eloquently...

Old 06-12-2009, 01:10 AM

1,255 posts, read 1,860,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Did I say anything about killing anyone?
You tell us. Your earlier post(s) gave the impression that you would not hesitate to engage in unlawful and violent behavior in the event of someone saying something to your daughter that you seemed offensive. I showed you in several rejoinders that your approach was not any different than the Islamofascists who want to destroy America and Americans. Here is your original posting -

http://www.city-data.com/forum/9251889-post40.html

Old 06-12-2009, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Nothing that Letterman said rose to the level of comedy. It wasn't funny, it had no punch line. I'm beginning to think all liberals such as yourself have no sense of decency.
This is a red herring. Offensive speech is permitted in our country. It is what makes this the greatest country on earth. It is here that people can say things without facing the penalty of having their heads or limbs cut off. I would like it to remain that way. If someone were to say something offensive about your daughter, I will offer you my support and my condemnation of the perpetrator, with the gentle advice to ignore the scumbag. But I would never ever support you in any act of violence or towards anything that you might want to do that would in any way or form intimidate or physically harm the perpetrator.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:24 AM

Quote:
This is a red herring. Offensive speech is permitted in our country. It is what makes this the greatest country on earth. It is here that people can say things without facing the penalty of having their heads or limbs cut off. I would like it to remain that way. If someone were to say something offensive about your daughter, I will offer you my support and my condemnation of the perpetrator, with the gentle advice to ignore the scumbag. But I would never ever support you in any act of violence or towards anything that you might want to do that would in any way or form intimidate or physically harm the perpetrator.
You would think that would be the case... but there are many that have lost a career based on speech...

Andy Rooney was put on leave when he made a comment that was found offensive...

Didn't Ron Mar leave network TV for something he said on Politically Incorrect?

Old 06-12-2009, 01:29 AM

6,961 posts, read 11,764,972 times
Quote:
My friend, I would never ask you for your support in any endeavor I wish to undertake. Trust me, when we go out to the mine this year to prospect for gold you won't be getting an invitation to tag along.

Your now free to go back to whatever you autographer seekers do. I'm guessing your getting ready to pop some corn and get your daily dose of TMZ....

Old 06-12-2009, 01:38 AM

10,658 posts, read 11,397,004 times
Quote:
Uh...I don't waste much time with television, but I believe he did issue an apology of sorts.

Celebrities really don't interest me though. I hardly know who any of the new ones are anymore.

I wonder how much the governor's latest trip cost the state...she sure is sticking her mug in the limelight at every possible chance.

There was no apology of any kind. All he did was deny that he did anything wrong and he used the the jokes again to garner more laughs, by being sacastic ....he even makes fun of Todd, as he reads the statement from them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHfJM7bMkac

Old 06-12-2009, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
You would think that would be the case... but there are many that have lost a career based on speech...

Andy Rooney was put on leave when he made a comment that was found offensive...

Didn't Ron Mar leave network TV for something he said on Politically Incorrect?
But these are the exceptions that prove the rule. America has been overwhelmingly tolerant of free speech and free expression.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska