U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 07-03-2009, 12:51 PM
 
Location: Blue Cloud, Helena, MT
70 posts, read 87,033 times
Reputation: 33

Advertisements

Yeah, sad, it seems the only jobs left in Alaska are law enforcement. TSA huh? Soon, TSA will be patrolling the streets of cities. Soon, martial law in America. Glad I live in Montana now, Alaska used to be the great land, now it's a federalized police state.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-03-2009, 02:17 PM
 
Location: Dangling from a mooses antlers
6,918 posts, read 11,704,482 times
Reputation: 5599
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexJones View Post
Yeah, sad, it seems the only jobs left in Alaska are law enforcement. TSA huh? Soon, TSA will be patrolling the streets of cities. Soon, martial law in America. Glad I live in Montana now, Alaska used to be the great land, now it's a federalized police state.
How is Alaska a federalized police state? What about all the TSA's working in the airport in Missoula and Billings? I guess Montana has succumbed to the gestapo as well. Too bad it used to be a free state.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2009, 02:54 PM
 
Location: Blue Cloud, Helena, MT
70 posts, read 87,033 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
How is Alaska a federalized police state? What about all the TSA's working in the airport in Missoula and Billings? I guess Montana has succumbed to the gestapo as well. Too bad it used to be a free state.
We don't have City Year Obama Hitler Youth Corps and the new and up coming TSA gestapo patrolling the streets in Montana. In Montana there is minimum federal presence, mostly at airports. Montana police have no federal powers (i.e. Patriot Act). Google Montana gun laws. Don't take my word for it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-03-2009, 04:18 PM
 
Location: Dangling from a mooses antlers
6,918 posts, read 11,704,482 times
Reputation: 5599
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexJones View Post
We don't have City Year Obama Hitler Youth Corps and the new and up coming TSA gestapo patrolling the streets in Montana. In Montana there is minimum federal presence, mostly at airports. Montana police have no federal powers (i.e. Patriot Act). Google Montana gun laws. Don't take my word for it.
No Obama youth in Alaska, the TSA can't do anything outside the airport. Federal law enforcement in Alaska is just as minimal as it is in Montana. Unlike Montana, Alaska does not require a concealed weapons permit in order to do the same. So I guess that makes Alaska trump Montana when it comes to allowing it's citizens the right and ability to defend themselves.

Alaska Concealed Handgun Permits - Permits and Licensing Unit
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2009, 01:43 PM
 
1 posts, read 1,554 times
Reputation: 10
I lived in Barrow for 10 years. Worked for North Slope Borough (Personnel), Native Village Of Barrow and the Hospital. I discovered me and made alot of Native friends. Yes, it is a different life style. But only to us, the outsiders. One thing that I learned from my friends there, is they are very caring people. I know that once you start talking to people, they will help. Embrace this opportunity and make the most out of it. Ron Nalikik worked at the Hospital and was very helpful to my mother Leona Rubi. Good Luck.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2009, 02:06 PM
 
Location: Anchorage, AK
191 posts, read 293,423 times
Reputation: 173
Default I think Barrow may be the most interesting town in this most interesting state

I've been up there a couple of times as a visitor, but more than any other place I've traveled (and I've done a lot of that), I think it would take some time to really "get it." It will take a while to get to know people, I think they have to know you will stick around. I do know finding a (paid) reason to go up there and stay for awhile is on my bucket list in Alaska. I'd say Barrow is the most "foreign" town in the country (I'm not including Bush villages, they are a very different cat than a town).
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-07-2009, 04:16 PM
 
Location: Barrow, Alaska
3,539 posts, read 6,415,838 times
Reputation: 1828
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirley k. charley View Post
I lived in Barrow for 10 years. Worked for North Slope Borough (Personnel), Native Village Of Barrow and the Hospital. I discovered me and made alot of Native friends. Yes, it is a different life style. But only to us, the outsiders. One thing that I learned from my friends there, is they are very caring people. I know that once you start talking to people, they will help. Embrace this opportunity and make the most out of it. Ron Nalikik worked at the Hospital and was very helpful to my mother Leona Rubi. Good Luck.
Hi Shirley, and welcome to City-Data. Nice to see someone participating who has real time on the ground here.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top