Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 02:44 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,891,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
That was her "Obama without his teleprompter" impersonation. At least Gov. Palin can speak in coherent sentences without the aid of a teleprompter. So if she is considered "stupid" that says a lot more about the Affirmative Action President than it says about her.
Yeah, we've all been victims of her 'coherent sentences'. To quote a right wing columnist, "My cringe reflex is exhausted."

One-On-One With Sarah Palin - CBS Evening News - CBS News
Quote:
"That's why I say I, like every American I'm speaking with, we're ill about this position that we have been put in. Where it is the taxpayers looking to bail out. But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health care reform that is needed to help shore up our economy. Um, helping, oh, it's got to be about job creation, too. Shoring up our economy, and putting it back on the right track. So health care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions, and tax relief for Americans, and trade -- we have got to see trade as opportunity, not as, uh, competitive, um, scary thing, but one in five jobs created in the trade sector today. We've got to look at that as more opportunity. All of those things under the umbrella of job creation."
Sarah Palin endures cringeworthy CBS interview - Telegraph
Quote:
Kathleen Parker, a columnist for the Right-wing National Review, who was a keen advocate of Mrs Palin, wrote: "I watch her interviews with the held breath of an anxious parent, my finger poised over the mute button in case it gets too painful. Unfortunately, it often does. My cringe reflex is exhausted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 03:51 PM

243 posts, read 482,908 times
Quote:
Now you are making an overly broad statement simply for dramatic flair. I never said that any discussion is preordained. We are discussing a very specific subject and in that yes, until you can show me that there has been a real paradigm shift in American politics, I am certain nothing will ever change. And despite all of his procclamations to the contrary, Obama aint that change. He might like to think he is, but both political party's machines (the ones that caused all of this mess to begin with) are still as firmly entreched today as they were before the election.
An example of this not being change. I receive through e-mails periodic updates from my local congressman John Campbell (R) Ca. In his latest regarding the cap and trade vote that passed 219-210. Obama was meeting with Dem congressman up to the morning of the vote offering them along with pelosi up to 9 figure pork spending in future bills for a yes vote on this one.
If you would like to argue this fact call the congressman as im not saying i have verified this claim but i have never found misleading statements in his e-mails before.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:13 PM

9,191 posts, read 10,963,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Rather like Pavlov's dogs...someone mentions the governor is a less than flattering light and some idjit starts shrieking about Obama.

John, that bear appears to either be breathing fire or throwing up...
You speak of yourself obviously.

They are directly comparable. Except Sarah is far more verbally adept, for those who care to listen. I didn't say she is a genius. Nor is BO, nor Joe B nor John Mc, for that matter.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:26 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,367,914 times
Quote:
Or maybe she won't have to and it'll just become the stuff of urban legends..

Oreos sound pretty good but I had a half a piece of brownie/walnut pie at the cafe earlier so no more sweets.
I just had a Hershey Bar...love those things.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Actually it's Palin that reminds me of the energizer bunny, the way she's sticking her mug into every camera around.
She does have lots of energy...she can even beat the big O guy in a foot race lol, and she probably could since he is a smoker. I still can't figure out the fascination that those who don't like her have with her ?

Old 07-01-2009, 04:41 PM

26,476 posts, read 36,301,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
She does have lots of energy...she can even beat the big O guy in a foot race lol, and she probably could since he is a smoker. I still can't figure out the fascination that those who don't like her have with her ?
Now why on earth is she trying to challenge the President to a foot race? To get her mug in front of another lower 48 camera?

Old 07-01-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Now why on earth is she trying to challenge the President to a foot race? To get her mug in front of another lower 48 camera?
I honestly don't know but it did make me LMAO I'll tell ya that....because I am picturing the 2 of them in my mind racing each other....too funny. Where oh where, has the professionalism and class gone in every single one of our wonderful politicians, oh but wait, what's wrong with me today...heck, where has the truth gone from them?

Old 07-01-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
I honestly don't know but it did make me LMAO I'll tell ya that....because I am picturing the 2 of them in my mind racing each other....too funny. Where oh where, has the professionalism and class gone in every single one of our wonderful politicians, oh but wait, what's wrong with me today...heck, where has the truth gone from them?
I think they should all compete in athletic events for our enjoyment. It could be kind of like the special Olympics.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
I think they should all compete in athletic events for our enjoyment. It could be kind of like the special Olympics.
Yes lol I'd even buy a ticket.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Yes lol I'd even buy a ticket.
I am thinking that for the races, it could be sort of like the greyhound racing where they have that little fake rabbit going along the side, only it could be a camera instead of a rabbit. That could give Palin just the advantage she would need
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: