U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-03-2009, 05:53 PM

1,253 posts, read 1,269,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Sorry, I'm donating my Alaska Air miles to get her a one-way ticket out!
Moose, I have a better deal for her. It is called "Out-on-the-wing" special. Blanket is optional. No miles are damaged in this trip.

Old 07-03-2009, 05:53 PM

4,988 posts, read 5,362,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere65 View Post
Your post shows you have absoloutely no knowledge of what the admisnistration is doing. Ill qualified? By what standard? Because Exxon enterd teh deal? It was inevitable and a necessary part of any deal, instate or otherwise. Lobby influenced - show hard evidence!! I say put up or shut up as you are like all the liberals - condemn using rhetoric instead of facts because there are no facts to substaniate your ramblings..

This is good for us in Alaska - but way too early to celebrate as there are many more difficult discussions to come.
Yes, it's a GREAT deal for Alaska, but that's not the point. It was Palin and her lackeys (Tom Irwin et al) who have been playing up Exxon as Satan incarnate (that is in fact how she got elected in the first place). They are the ones who got their undergarments in a twist when TC's CEO said nothing will happen unless Exxon is happy. They are the ones who ostensibly wrote AGIA for the purpose of excluding the major North Slope producers, Exxon in particular. Now Exxon joins the deal and suddenly Palin and gang try to fool us into thinking she had it planned that way all along. Gimme a break.

Old 07-03-2009, 05:54 PM

5,964 posts, read 6,902,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
Notrees is the very definition of a troll. He/she belittles Palin but hmm, let me see, Alaska isn't writing IOU's because a bunch of brain-dead liberals have bankrupted the government. Like ahhhh, California? Arguing with notrees in like dealing with a petulant 2 year old. You can't use reason or logic, you just have to ride out the rants.
Very true. I figure he/she or ? can't answer the question so has run out with its tail between its legs....kinda like my feeling for notrees is "either put up or SHUT UP....

Old 07-03-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Moose, I have a better deal for her. It is called "Out-on-the-wing" special. Blanket is optional. No miles are damaged in this trip.
Ah, ya can't answer the question now can you? What a waste of space you take up trolling.

Old 07-03-2009, 05:58 PM

2,668 posts, read 2,313,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Yeah, I was just thinking I need to get down to the liquor store before the firewater is all sold out.
Hey Met - Just poured me a shot of Wild Turkey in celebration for y'all (not so much for the US - but I may have to move to AK now!) - So, Tipping one for/with you. Cheers!

Old 07-03-2009, 06:00 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,089,836 times
I understand Parnell is to be sworn in at a picnic in Fairbanks. I thought official state business was always handled at the state capital.
Oh...excuse me...I forgot the capital is now Anchorage...or Wasilla...or is it now Fairbanks.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:09 PM

4,988 posts, read 5,362,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
Hey Met - Just poured me a shot of Wild Turkey in celebration for y'all (not so much for the US - but I may have to move to AK now!) - So, Tipping one for/with you. Cheers!
Here's what I'll be celebrating with tonight:

3 Blind Moose - wine - cabernet sauvignon

Old 07-03-2009, 06:14 PM

LMAO at the NON-residents celebrating.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:17 PM

1,331 posts, read 1,912,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
LMAO at the NON-residents celebrating.
Some people-notrees-need to get a life.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:21 PM

2,668 posts, read 2,313,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Here's what I'll be celebrating with tonight:

3 Blind Moose - wine - cabernet sauvignon
Nice. I can get that at Trader Joes every once in awhile.
I just chose the Wild Turkey cuz I keep it in the freezer and it's One Hundred Freaking Two degrees out here in Feeeeenix.

Hey guys, you think that other mudflat story (posted before the lipstick one) The Mudflats Numbers Shmumbers… (http://www.themudflats.net/2009/07/02/numbers-shmumbers/ - broken link)
has any relevance to the resignation? This is so weird and so sudden. I agree - somethin's up. The filing deadline for 2010 isn't usually till January or March in most states. Even starting a war chest this early for 2012 could be problematic. She wouldn't need to bow out for some time - unless there's a scandal brewing or she knows something is going down and she doesn't want it to taint her run at the POTUS position. Vewwwwwwy interesteeeng.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska