U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2009, 08:38 PM

20,484 posts, read 26,627,867 times

Advertisements

Uh...it's everywhere now.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:39 PM

Except Faux that is.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:41 PM

8,685 posts, read 14,192,014 times
This thread is moving just as fast as LT did, and he didn't get closed...

I was looking for a response to something to the effect that she is resigning due to frivolous law suits or something to that end...

When she decided to run for Governor of Alaska, she gave up all rights to privacy as anyone running for public office should know...then she went further when the opportunity arose and ran for VP...This is the second time she has bombed out on her responsibility to Alaska.

"Frivolous" or not, she has taken advantage of what was on her plate, and we probably don't know the half of it. She may have been vindicated on some of the charges, but...what are the rest. She has repeatedly shown poor judgement, and now has taken the easy way out, rather than saving her reputation. She has advisors, she had national 'handlers' as they were called, and did pretty much what she wanted regardless of what she was told or advised. Her demise, I imagine, is not being able to conform to what she has preached repeatedly. Whether a better deal has come up or not, she chose to bring this all on herself when she entered the political arena, she can't hold her own...and she has cut her own throat with the precedence she has set in motion, her leaving when the going gets tough...

Thank God she is going elsewhere for whatever reason...She has made decisions "in the name of Alaska" that will haunt us for what could be lifetimes...

Old 07-03-2009, 08:43 PM

1,255 posts, read 1,857,266 times
Is this the fastest thread on record here? If yes, can I claim my award now?

Old 07-03-2009, 08:44 PM

How about those people up on the Yukon, Granny, catching their kings? God damn good for them. she did nothing while they almost starved last winter and then when a camera came along when the evangelist guy made that big donation, all of a sudden she popped up.

Quote:
Resentment against her policies by Alaska Natives has been simmering just below a boil all winter and spring. This past week, the resentment boiled over into open civil disobedience, as villagers along the Yukon not only fished in closed waters to obtain food for winter, they defied Palin's law enforcement agencies openly. In the village of Marshall, police officers joined in the illegal subsistence fishing, not even bothering to hide their involvement.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:47 PM

34,803 posts, read 42,955,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
What do you think of Wally Hickel's opinion piece?

Are you aware that it isn't only "libs" in this state who would not agree with you that the soon to be former gov. is working hard for the benefit of Alaska?
Ok, I get that. It will all remain to be seen I guess. At least we have something to focus on besides Michael Jackson.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
How about those people up on the Yukon, Granny, catching their kings? God damn good for them. she did nothing while they almost starved last winter and then when a camera came along when the evangelist guy made that big donation, all of a sudden she popped up.
Exactly, the 'people' of Alaska in need, after months of people, a lot from the -48, trying to get donations to them in a speedy, cost effective means...she busts in with the cameras to take film her handing out necessities that had been sitting for how long to get there...she could have signed her name and had the National Guard or someone else airlift them sooner as a state emergency....

Last edited by Grannysroost; 07-03-2009 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: fix...blah you betcha

Old 07-03-2009, 08:56 PM

4,986 posts, read 8,301,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Yes, you definitely set some records on this one. But going back to your original question, what are you to do if Palin really is completely quitting politics all together? What other Governors are left to ridicule?

I guess there is always the South Carolina forum, but that's like shooting fish in a barrell!

Old 07-03-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Ok, I get that. It will all remain to be seen I guess. At least we have something to focus on besides Michael Jackson.
You just said it all when you put this in the same context of MJ...Thanks...Like Alaska as a state, rather than the island or foreign posession of US, had issues...No different when things were not done more quickly for New Orleans by the Feds (or the gov acting on behalf of the state) when Katrina hit...Thank you so much, We do appreciate your thoughts!!! Please don't let the door...you know...

Last edited by Grannysroost; 07-03-2009 at 09:06 PM.. Reason: shoot...more spelling...and sexual clarification...duh

Old 07-03-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
It's debatable...but
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska