U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 12:26 AM

8,685 posts, read 14,197,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Not necessarily true. In the lower-48, Palin brings-in huge crows wherever she speaks, including recently at a town in Northern NY. Now, I can clearly see that you don't like Palin, and while there isn't anything wrong with that, you have expressed nothing but emotions, which is exactly what I have repeatedly tried to explain in my posts. But you have to take into consideration is that those who, for whatever reason (s) don't like Palin, will first see all her faults, and these will overpower any positive perceptions of her. Not so for those who like Palin. These will see the opposite of yours.
Huge crows (ravens) is right..., emotion...fact is she has subjected the state of Alaska to nothing but scrutiny every time she opens her mouth, as she is our governor and represents the state, she inserts foot...and we hear the flack...good thing is now that is going to be gone, and she is now the ex-gov....what is positive other than her package, and sorry, I am not into the package...so need to convince me on a different level? I live here, and hear her on a nightly basis on the news...good,bad or indifferent, won't go there now, but that is my perception of listening to this on a daily basis...only my opinion, but not impressed with the package spewing the garbage I have to haul to the dump...

Old 07-08-2009, 12:45 AM

16,184 posts, read 27,561,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Huge crows (ravens) is right..., emotion...fact is she has subjected the state of Alaska to nothing but scrutiny every time she opens her mouth, as she is our governor and represents the state, she inserts foot...and we hear the flack...good thing is now that is going to be gone, and she is now the ex-gov....what is positive other than her package, and sorry, I am not into the package...so need to convince me on a different level? I live here, and hear her on a nightly basis on the news...good,bad or indifferent, won't go there now, but that is my perception of listening to this on a daily basis...only my opinion, but not impressed with the package spewing the garbage I have to haul to the dump...
Still, one has to take into consideration that two people never think alike all the time. All you have said is an expression of how you "feel" about Palin, which in fact may be completely different than what another person may fell about Palin. It doesn't make you nor the other person wrong, however.

If you take your time to think about the way you have felt about people you have come in contact with in the past, you will probably remember more than one person you didn't like. When one dislikes another person, it's very difficult to see or perceive anything that is remotely positive about that person.

Finally, the news media presents you with the news that you want to hear, read, or view. That's how one place may hold your attention, while another won't.

Last edited by RayinAK; 07-08-2009 at 12:55 AM..

Old 07-08-2009, 12:48 AM

1,331 posts, read 2,593,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Welcome aboard, Warpt. We have been waiting for you for a long time. Note, however, that while she IS a moron, she is also a few other things: liar, slimy, delusional.
I would ascribe the exact same adjectives to Barack Obama. At least Palin is a chief executive who hasn't run her responsibility(Alaska) into the ground with crushing debt and proposed completely unaffordable entitlement programs.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Still, one has to take into consideration that two people never think alike all the time. All you have said is an expression of how you "fell" about Palin, which in fact may be completely different than what another person may fell about Palin. It doesn't make you nor the other person wrong, however.

If you take your time to think about the way you have felt about people you have come in contact with in the past, you will probably remember more than one person you didn't like. When one dislikes another person, it's very difficult to see or perceive anything that is remotely positive about that person.

Finally, the news media presents you with the news that you want to hear, read, or view. That's how one place may hold your attention, while another won't.
Ray, sorry but I didn't "fell" anything...it had nothing to do with dislike, I can go back to when she was nominated and my posts defending her from the get go, since then I have come to grips that her initial acceptance speech was the best thing she did, I am woman enough to admit I was wrong and did several times in my former posts...I can admit I was wrong and go from there, she flat out embarrassed me, but I was not impressed by the package either, and yes she could be cute, but cute does not get far in the real world...

Old 07-08-2009, 12:54 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,637,927 times
she is not throwing in the towel she is throwing it all away for me, 1st the governorship and then the husband, she did it for me, we will be together forever holding hands watching the sun set over russia, i love my sarah.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
I would ascribe the exact same adjectives to Barack Obama. At least Palin is a chief executive who hasn't run her responsibility(Alaska) into the ground with crushing debt and proposed completely unaffordable entitlement programs.
Maybe not, but she has run us into the ground with her statements which change at the drop of a dime, and this is about Sarah and what is in her future,...sorry Alaska I have bigger and better things that need my attention...I hope to God, she gets a clue and deals with her family issues...have you seen a picture of beloved Sarah showing off her baby like you do, loving him up, or her grandson for that matter...doubt it, as I haven't...

Old 07-08-2009, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
she is not throwing in the towel she is throwing it all away for me, 1st the governorship and then the husband, she did it for me, we will be together forever holding hands watching the sun set over russia, i love my sarah.
I don't even know where to go with that one.....

Old 07-08-2009, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Maybe not, but she has run us into the ground with her statements which change at the drop of a dime, and this is about Sarah and what is in her future,...sorry Alaska I have bigger and better things that need my attention...I hope to God, she gets a clue and deals with her family issues...have you seen a picture of beloved Sarah showing off her baby like you do, loving him up, or her grandson for that matter...doubt it, as I haven't...
At this point, given that it's a done-deal, I don't care anymore. I think that she's screwed the pooch on this one tbh. As long as we don't get some tree-hugging granola muncher in office, I'll be OK.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:00 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,637,927 times
Quote:
At this point, given that it's a done-deal, I don't care anymore. I think that she's screwed the pooch on this one tbh. As long as we don't get some tree-hugging granola muncher in office, I'll be OK.
i just finished my bowl and gave my fig tree a final hug b4 bed, sara will be mentoring me on my campaign. i love my sarah.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately for you, Sean Parnell I believe hails from CA, not sure if tree-hugging granola muncher...I am looking for opinions on him, but will bet he won't run for VP of the US in the future...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska