U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-08-2009, 04:47 AM
 
17,158 posts, read 22,167,733 times
Reputation: 31223

Advertisements

sorry to intrude on another states' board, however, during mccains campaign, palin was a breath of fresh air, i like her conservative views.
At present this administration is spending so much money we dont have, its sickening, we are taking the liberal train right into socialism. (and hopefully not into a depression)

the way the media has and still attacks palin, is just plain wrong.

i respect her move to quit being governor, and i hope she runs for prez in 2012

Alaska is a state ive always wanted to visit, looks so majestic

 
Old 07-08-2009, 05:17 AM
 
Location: Wasilla
1,331 posts, read 2,590,155 times
Reputation: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
sorry to intrude on another states' board, however, during mccains campaign, palin was a breath of fresh air, i like her conservative views.
At present this administration is spending so much money we dont have, its sickening, we are taking the liberal train right into socialism. (and hopefully not into a depression)

the way the media has and still attacks palin, is just plain wrong.

i respect her move to quit being governor, and i hope she runs for prez in 2012

Alaska is a state ive always wanted to visit, looks so majestic
It's quite refreshing to have a different out-of-state opinion that isn't rote attack lines from some nutty leftist blog site or the New York Times. Which, unfortunately, has become one and the same.

You are entirely correct about what's happening to us and far too many people are ignorant as to the effect of this idiocy. They simply don't understand just how moronic Obama is and still are enthralled with his ability to read a Teleprompter.

Yes, Alaska is unbelievable in it's beauty. I took a trip through Denali National Park when I got here and it blew my mind. The park itself is the size of Switzerland. The valley where I live is the size of West Virginia. Texans love to boast but they can't hold a candle to Alaska. Folks don't realize that Alaska has as much coastline as the ENTIRE continental USA.

This is a pic from Hatcher Pass, which is just a few miles north from where I live:


Last edited by Classic Satch; 07-08-2009 at 05:30 AM..
 
Old 07-08-2009, 06:05 AM
 
31,984 posts, read 17,265,872 times
Reputation: 34701
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
sorry to intrude on another states' board, however, during mccains campaign, palin was a breath of fresh air, i like her conservative views.
Her breath was as fresh as her feet because they both had the same smell. Sorry, is that another left-wing blog/NY Times copy attack? No it is a non-partisan recoil from the idiotic things she said during her breath-of-fresh-air campaign. I am neither liberal, dem or rebublican and even I had to cringe at her stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
At present this administration is spending so much money we dont have, its sickening, we are taking the liberal train right into socialism. (and hopefully not into a depression)
Every administration has done the same. It costs money to pull the wool over the People's eyes. The liberal train. I like that phrase. Do you have a cutesy name for the spending done by other administrations? Better check the right-wing-conservative blogs NY Times again and get back to us. After you use the word socialism a few more times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
It's quite refreshing to have a different out-of-state opinion that isn't rote attack lines from some nutty leftist blog site or the New York Times. Which, unfortunately, has become one and the same.
Equally refreshing is the spray from an in-state rote attack on Nobama from an equally nutty conservative blog or a Rush ditto head, which BTW are also one and the same.

If both sides are in the attack mode, why condemn the attacking? Your both doing the exact same thing.

It's like the christians praying to God and muslims praying to Allah, each with their own righteous agenda.

Here is a nice picture from Wasilla. Enjoy it, because it won't change much in 2012.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/sarahpalinlg3.jpg (broken link)
 
Old 07-08-2009, 06:12 AM
 
Location: Wasilla
1,331 posts, read 2,590,155 times
Reputation: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Her breath was as fresh as her feet because they both had the same smell. Sorry, is that another left-wing blog/NY Times copy attack? No it is a non-partisan recoil from the idiotic things she said during her breath-of-fresh-air campaign. I am neither liberal, dem or rebublican and even I had to cringe at her stupidity.



Every administration has done the same. It costs money to pull the wool over the People's eyes. The liberal train. I like that phrase. Do you have a cutesy name for the spending done by other administrations? Better check the right-wing-conservative blogs NY Times again and get back to us. After you use the word socialism a few more times.



Equally refreshing is the spray from an in-state rote attack on Nobama from an equally nutty conservative blog or a Rush ditto head, which BTW are also one and the same.

Pathetic.

If both sides are in the attack mode, why condemn the attacking? Your both doing the exact same thing.

It's like the christians praying to God and muslims praying to Allah, each with their own righteous agenda.

Here is a nice picture from Wasilla. Enjoy it, because it won't change much in 2012.
If you really want to try to go head-to-head with me, please, bring it. Your nonsensical blather and idiotic JPEG do nothing to make your point.

Mod Cut

Last edited by Rance; 07-08-2009 at 07:18 PM.. Reason: Copyright infringment and some name calling
 
Old 07-08-2009, 06:26 AM
 
31,984 posts, read 17,265,872 times
Reputation: 34701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
If you really want to try to go head-to-head with me, please, bring it. Your nonsensical blather and idiotic JPEG do nothing to make your point.

You are just another lower-48 blowhard spewing inanity. As if we haven't seen enough of that.

People like you are completely predictable and just as pathetic.
Actually, calling it nonsensical blather and idiotic proves my point quite well. The point is you get your panties in a scrunch when people criticize Palin, yet when people criticize Obama, it is truth. Just like religion, your viewpoint is just and true and the others are nut jobs.

Each person has good and bad points. But to be against a person totally due to political alignment is idiotic. You have to admit every administration has spent like there is no tomorrow, just as every state struggles with their budget.

So, calling me predictable and idiotic shows your name calling as ONE AND THE SAME as those from the lower 48 you hate so much. Got a mirror handy? You are every name you called me. Keep trying classic, I do this all day and every day.

Take your best shot. If you want to go head to head, bring it.
 
Old 07-08-2009, 06:45 AM
 
31,984 posts, read 17,265,872 times
Reputation: 34701
BTW, great lemmings cartoon, Satch. *I mean Farley. If you are trying to attack me personally with names, words, cartoons, or "blowhard spewing inanity", you are wasting your precious time.

Back to the OP, Palin threw in the towel, not for Alaska's sake, but more for Palin's sake. She has tasted the realm of power and politics and her appetite is whetted.
 
Old 07-08-2009, 06:55 AM
 
Location: Dangling from a mooses antlers
6,906 posts, read 11,692,577 times
Reputation: 5572
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Her breath was as fresh as her feet because they both had the same smell. Sorry, is that another left-wing blog/NY Times copy attack? No it is a non-partisan recoil from the idiotic things she said during her breath-of-fresh-air campaign. I am neither liberal, dem or rebublican and even I had to cringe at her stupidity.



Every administration has done the same. It costs money to pull the wool over the People's eyes. The liberal train. I like that phrase. Do you have a cutesy name for the spending done by other administrations? Better check the right-wing-conservative blogs NY Times again and get back to us. After you use the word socialism a few more times.



Equally refreshing is the spray from an in-state rote attack on Nobama from an equally nutty conservative blog or a Rush ditto head, which BTW are also one and the same.

If both sides are in the attack mode, why condemn the attacking? Your both doing the exact same thing.

It's like the christians praying to God and muslims praying to Allah, each with their own righteous agenda.

Here is a nice picture from Wasilla. Enjoy it, because it won't change much in 2012.
It's quite obvious that you worship the KING. By all means go ahead and get your freak on with him if that's what twists your noodle. But please we don't need the pictures.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c359/akbushcop/obama-the-rapper.jpg (broken link)
 
Old 07-08-2009, 07:28 AM
 
Location: Over the Rainbow...
5,963 posts, read 10,494,121 times
Reputation: 3135
[quote=Grannysroost;9592361]This thread is moving just as fast as LT did, and he didn't get closed...

I was looking for a response to something to the effect that she is resigning due to frivolous law suits or something to that end...

When she decided to run for Governor of Alaska, she gave up all rights to privacy as anyone running for public office should know...then she went further when the opportunity arose and ran for VP...This is the second time she has bombed out on her responsibility to Alaska.

"Frivolous" or not, she has taken advantage of what was on her plate, and we probably don't know the half of it. She may have been vindicated on some of the charges, but...what are the rest. She has repeatedly shown poor judgement, and now has taken the easy way out, rather than saving her reputation. She has advisors, she had national 'handlers' as they were called, and did pretty much what she wanted regardless of what she was told or advised. Her demise, I imagine, is not being able to conform to what she has preached repeatedly. Whether a better deal has come up or not, she chose to bring this all on herself when she entered the political arena, she can't hold her own...and she has cut her own throat with the precedence she has set in motion, her leaving when the going gets tough...

Thank God she is going elsewhere for whatever reason...She has made decisions "in the name of Alaska" that will haunt us for what could be
lifetimes...[/QUOTE
]


Granny, which decisions are those that you feel will haunt us for lifetimes?
 
Old 07-08-2009, 07:58 AM
 
Location: Illinois, a ridiculous joke of a state
6 posts, read 8,179 times
Reputation: 15
I'm also an out-of-stater, but I followed Palin prior to McCain's selection of her. I don't agree with everything she's done, but I'm not in Alaska so my opinion of her is null and void. I do think she tries to do what's right to the best of her ability as governor though. It seems in many cases, that means being a populist instead of a hardcore conservative, but to her credit and Alaska's those seem to line in many cases.

Overall, I really like her even though I'm a liberal (although a classic liberal, not a progressive), but I agree with many including her that stepping down; 'throwing in the towel' is probably best for her family and Alaska right now. I say this purely in view of what has happened with her and her family in the last year. I find it borderline abusive; if not down right loathsome, and I don't see how she can judge clearly what needs to be done in her state any longer with all the hatred being pointed at her; not to mention the privacy of her family.

I'm not very interested in a national run for President however, I don't think she needs to do that... in fact, I'm not sure that would be fair to her family... not because of the bullcrap reasons like, 'how can she run for VP when she's got 5 kitchens' lefts advocated... which was ultimately sexist... but because if she runs, they will be put back in the spot light eventually whether they want to be or not. I think she could definately consider something in the political media circuit however, I'm sure she would draw a worth base to build a syndication from and promote her views with a little less restraint.
 
Old 07-08-2009, 08:54 AM
 
4,986 posts, read 8,284,150 times
Reputation: 3264
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
sorry to intrude on another states' board, however, during mccains campaign, palin was a breath of fresh air, i like her conservative views.
There's no need to apologize, folks from other states are always welcome in Alaska. However, your sentiment alludes to what I think what disturbs many from our board about comments from outside. Yes, Palin sings a good conservative tune, however, I'm not interested in talk, I only care about the actual results, and on that her tenure as Gov has been, at best chaotic and likely to have really messed up some very important issues going forward. However, to really understand the nuances of what's going on, you really need to spend some time up here. Drawing a conclusion from what is said about Palin in the outside press, good or bad, doesn't give you an accurate picture of what she's really all about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top