Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2009, 06:32 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,383,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Yeah I'd say it's time for you to move up; I'll give you a jar of moonshine as a welcome wagon type of thing.
Thanks! You don't know how hard I'm trying. Spent some time in Nashville at a convention talking with two guys from Alaska who are trying to help me figure out a way to move there. They even shared their ammo source with me! Now THAT's neighborly! It's just a matter of time...

Old 07-03-2009, 06:32 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
and that my friend was the person who almost became president.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:36 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,267,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
and that my friend was the person who almost became president.
Correction. Not "the person." You mean, the thing whatever it is.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:37 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,842,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Granny,

Palin is a vain, self-serving, deluded onager. You may say that most politicians are. But few attain the heights of hypocrisy she has, cloaking herself in a patina of morality and hiding behind the sanctity of the Bible. In other words, she is the lowest of the low - one who professes & preaches but never practices.
True for sure, but I disagree in that many politicians have done this, and pray TV bible bangers have disgraced themselves, but still a skunk even cloaked in different disguise (not going to to wolf thing) is still a skunk, and she has shown her true colors (smell) to the residents of Alaska, and the whole US for that matter.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:40 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,842,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
I wonder why she said that she was resigning now because she didn't want to be like other politicians and be a 'lame duck', milking the system or traveling overseas. It didn't sound like doing the job of governor until the end of her term was an option for her?
Maybe team Sarah is going to train for a triathlon and swim over to Russia to visit her neighbors?

Old 07-03-2009, 06:40 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,016,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Ok I'm an Ohio woman, so I'm not into Alaskan politics, but I feel that Sarah Palin is genuinely working hard for the benefit of Alaska. Y'all DID elect her, right?
If, as she said, she's bowing out because she isn't going to make herself a target for frivolous lawsuits...good for her. I love it when the eastern, limo liberals get the wind poofed out of their sails. Too funny.
It will remain to be seen what Sarah Palin does next, but I'm thinkin a big TV deal, so she can laugh all the way to the bank and STILL influence politics.

Well, on that I certainly agree, we did elect her. However the terms of her election didn't include walking away early. One thing about Palin, regardless of wheter I agreed or disagreed with her policies, she has always been stubborn, to the point of being obstinate even when she was out on a limb. Now she just up and quits? WTF? I too have a suspicion that she's got some kind of multimillion dollar deal in the works. Maybe we'll see her on Fox news in between Hannity and Beck!

Old 07-03-2009, 06:42 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,429,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
Why? This whole CD forum is about people exploring places they want to move to, and getting to know the state through those who live there. Why wouldn't we want to celebrate with you? I used to live in Hawaii and I still post there all the time. I lived in South Dakota and still post there. I love Alaska and Wyoming and post there. Why limit yourself? All the other state forums have people from all over the world on them. We are at an online party having a conversation.
I just find it amusing that so many who don't live in Alaska have such an interest. Seems Palin generated more interest and posts then other governors. Not a fan of hers but she sure generated some kind of strange "fear or envy" from so many, including lower 48'ers.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:42 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,016,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Maybe team Sarah is going to train for a triathlon and swim over to Russia to visit her neighbors?
Must be an awfully short triathlon, after all she can already see them from...

Old 07-03-2009, 06:44 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Well, on that I certainly agree, we did elect her. However the terms of her election didn't include walking away early. One thing about Palin, regardless of wheter I agreed or disagreed with her policies, she has always been stubborn, to the point of being obstinate even when she was out on a limb. Now she just up and quits? WTF? I too have a suspicion that she's got some kind of multimillion dollar deal in the works. Maybe we'll see her on Fox news in between Hannity and Beck!
Yeah; something must be up. She never struck me as a quitter either. There's some rumors popping up about some sort of pending criminal charges, but that's to be expected.

I think we ought to start making book while we can, Moose.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:45 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
Thanks! You don't know how hard I'm trying. Spent some time in Nashville at a convention talking with two guys from Alaska who are trying to help me figure out a way to move there. They even shared their ammo source with me! Now THAT's neighborly! It's just a matter of time...
That's interesting; I have relatives to who to Nashville fairly often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska