Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2009, 06:09 AM

85 posts, read 319,712 times

Advertisements

Most politicians stay in office while running for another seat somewhere. Either for the Senate or for POTUS. They still get their paycheck for doing a job they arent doing while doing this.

Sarah in my opinion is unlike 99.9% of all the other politicians as she seems to actually give a **** where as the others just take your money while not doing their job at all when campaigning. I think she saw what happened when she was running for VP and was away that whole time and saw it was unfair and that Alaska deserved a full time Gov.

I say Kudos to her and may she be setting the standard for the future.

Old 07-05-2009, 06:17 AM

1,331 posts, read 2,999,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freefreq View Post
Most politicians stay in office while running for another seat somewhere. Either for the Senate or for POTUS. They still get their paycheck for doing a job they arent doing while doing this.

Sarah in my opinion is unlike 99.9% of all the other politicians as she seems to actually give a **** where as the others just take your money while not doing their job at all when campaigning. I think she saw what happened when she was running for VP and was away that whole time and saw it was unfair and that Alaska deserved a full time Gov.

I say Kudos to her and may she be setting the standard for the future.
You may be right and you may be wrong. Time will tell.

Somebody has to get rid of that idiot in the White House who has already mortgaged my 2 year old's future to fund his historically tried-and-failed social engineering schemes.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:41 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freefreq View Post

BS. She certainly had no problem setting up a PAC to take money from people.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post

But oh, Sarah Palin resigns unexpectedly, which is admittedly quite strange, and the liberal loons start squawking. What's wrong with this picture?
One of the things that is wrong with this picture is that you aren't getting that dissatisfaction with the governor is hardly a partisan issue in the state of Alaska.

Beyond that, I think that the governor has come to personify certain things to both extreme sides of the political spectrum, and neither side seems to be operating with much concrete knowledge. The urban liberals think she chases wolves in black helicopters and the extreme rightists think that the natural gas pipeline deal that she screwed up somehow has to do with ANWR. I doubt that any of them could even find this state on a map.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 07-05-2009 at 09:16 AM..

Old 07-05-2009, 11:42 AM

6,424 posts, read 13,244,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I doubt that any of them could even find this state on a map.
Isn't Alaska an island to the west of Texas? It would explain the heat we're getting.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:54 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,269,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
Somebody has to get rid of that idiot in the White House who has already mortgaged my 2 year old's future to fund his historically tried-and-failed social engineering schemes.
That someone was elected decisively in a democratically held election. I am delighted to finally have an intelligent occupant in the White House, one who will hopefully clean the filth and garbage left behind by the fratboy who lied to us and sent 4000 Americans to their death in Iraq.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:30 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,688,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
That someone was elected decisively in a democratically held election. I am delighted to finally have an intelligent occupant in the White House, one who will hopefully clean the filth and garbage left behind by the fratboy who lied to us and sent 4000 Americans to their death in Iraq.
Your messed up. You must be snorting and smoking the same substances Obama admits too. He brought corrupt Chicago politics to the White House. He cleaned nothing. He emptied the dirty mop bucket water into a dirtier bucket. What are you on? Some good shrooms?

It just dawned on me. Your in California. Your suffering from the same thing that caught up with and overtook MJ. Hopefully you left a song or two behind that your relatives can sell.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:53 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,999,885 times
Quote:
52%? Decisive? Bwahahahahaha! That's pretty humorous.

Clean the filth and garbage? Oh please, elaborate. Oh, that's right, you can't. You nutball lefties love to toss charges and accusations around but NEVER can back them up. Obama is about as smart as a brick. How else can you explain his desire to completely bankrupt the nation and saddle us with new entitlements when there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that we can pay for the one's we already have?

You are so patently delusional that it defies description. Alaska isn't experiencing a financial meltdown because it hasn't been run by liberals for the last 25 years, like California. Your worldview is so warped and easily debunked that shooting down your pathetic claptrap is easier than taking candy from a baby.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:58 PM

Satch, a lot of people are losing jobs here. We also don't have a population the size of Cali.

From what I recall the stock market crashed and burned some time before Jan. 20, 2009. The offspring's trust fund was adversely affected. Fortunately, due to some snooping around, we found quite a large amount of good stocks that were turned in the state of Cali after the demise of the FIL because some idjit misspelled his name on the certificates.

It's worth doing a search on those things, by the way. It came as quite a surprise, really.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:02 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,174,791 times
Quote:
Don't mean to burst your bubble, but Obama is just another president. There is no way that he will make any changes, except for getting us deeper into debt. Bush started it, and Obama continues it. Bush created the largest government ever, and a $1-trillion deficit in eight years. Obama has increased the size of government, and almost quadrupled the deficit within a few months in office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska