Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Palin will excel now that she has no restraints on her
Yes 51 32.69%
No 94 60.26%
Unsure 11 7.05%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 10:09 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,846,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Yep , he was smarter than me, I had no clue there was 57 some odd states.

It amazes me to watch him as he bobs his head to the right telepromter to the left. At least when Bush spoke, it was to the people he was addressing.

Funny when he was with that Irish guy and he started thanking the U.S. And himself when he was reading the wrong script and had no clue to what he was reading.
Sorry, Bush spoke to the people, but he stammered and stuttered too....Maybe they had his prompter positioned correctly...and no offense, but he was not a speaker...and I was for him the first time around..I will admit...

Old 07-06-2009, 10:12 PM

288 posts, read 349,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPF View Post
I just have to ask, have you seen any of the SNL episodes devoted to SP?
lol. seriously, that's it?

Thanks John. When pressed, no other libs I have asked can even match the depth of your answer.

regards,
TB

Old 07-06-2009, 10:13 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,081,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Good thing you didn't mean to attack her...and why some of you can't participate in a conversation of the governor of Alaska without blaring about the President is beyond me. Guess you've got nothing else. Enjoy AZ now.

It's "fair" for me to bring it up. The point is that the media circus that we gather our information from concentrated on the Republican's pick for the VICE PRESIDENT.

Our lovely media ladies and gents had NOTHING to say about Barack Hussein Obama's wordly accomplishments on the international stage. Reason why? He never had any....

The "attack" part was meant to mean "I'm only disagreeing with you". Sorry ya didn't pick that up.

A very solid argument, indeed.

Now, you go enjoy AK...

Old 07-06-2009, 10:15 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,686,730 times
Quote:
YAZ, personally, I beg to differ. Obama comes thru as a very good, inteligent speaker. What a difference from last 8 years!
He's the worst speaker this country has every seen. Kind of like scrapping fingernails on a chalkboard.

The poor man can only speak thoughts that are limited to one sentence at at a time. Pause, turn up nose and look around the room, for affect. Why can't he at least speak a couple of paragraphs at a time without the obnoxious pause? Cause the teleprompter can't fit that much text on there.

When he speaks on the TV I'm just thankful that I have access to The Discovery Channel and The Travel Channel.

I'd take him on head to head any day of the week in an unscripted speech contest. No teleprompter, no notes, no nothing.

The subject. Bear scat. Why tourists off the cruise ships found that interesting, I have no clue. If we didn't have any fresh scat on the trail we'd take our shovels and hunt for fresh stuff to place in startegic locations.

I can speak for about 20 minutes on just the subject of scat. And by the time I'm done you'll be down on your hands and knees trying to figure out exactly what the bear was eating

Hopefully he can speak about it cause he's just full of it.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c359/akbushcop/bearscat.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-06-2009, 10:15 PM
YAZ

Quote:
YAZ, personally, I beg to differ. Obama comes thru as a very good, inteligent speaker. What a difference from last 8 years!
Our president is a marvelous speaker.

So was Richard Nixon.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:16 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I'll give Bush credit for one thing...the media was terribly rough on him, you could even say it LAMBASTED him constantly. He didn't go cryin' that he was a victim, he just continued obliviously on.
Truth.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:17 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
He's the worst speaker this country has every seen. Kind of like scrapping fingernails on a chalkboard.

The poor man can only speak thoughts that are limited to one sentence at at a time. Pause, turn up nose and look around the room, for affect. Why can't he at least speak a couple of paragraphs at a time without the obnoxious pause? Cause the teleprompter can't fit that much text on there.

When he speaks on the TV I'm just thankful that I have access to The Discovery Channel and The Travel Channel.

I'd take him on head to head any day of the week in an unscripted speech contest. No teleprompter, no notes, no nothing.

The subject. Bear scat. Why tourists off the cruise ships found that interesting, I have no clue. If we didn't have any fresh scat on the trail we'd take our shovels and hunt for fresh stuff to place in startegic locations.

I can speak for about 20 minutes on just the subject of scat. And by the time I'm done you'll be down on your hands and knees trying to figure out exactly what the bear was eating

Hopefully he can speak about it cause he's just full of it.

Do I see Timothy Treadwell in that pic?

LOL

Old 07-06-2009, 10:18 PM

1,435 posts, read 2,778,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Boy View Post
lol. seriously, that's it?

Thanks John. When pressed, no other libs I have asked can even match the depth of your answer.

regards,
TB
Look, I am not even trying to be serious here, because it would be pointless. You are not discussing her issues seriously but rather right along party lines. See no evil, hear no evil. So go ahead, cast your vote when the time comes and others will too. Not that you're not afraid of that judgement day

Old 07-06-2009, 10:24 PM

38 posts, read 69,602 times
Default your governor loss

Sorry about your loss , of a bright person ,grounded and realistic... Governor Palin ..I wish some republican could step up to the plate ..Our country direction is in trouble!!

Old 07-06-2009, 10:28 PM

288 posts, read 349,911 times
Quote:
Not that you're not afraid of that judgement day

okies

regards,
TB
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska