U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Palin will excel now that she has no restraints on her
Yes 51 32.69%
No 94 60.26%
Unsure 11 7.05%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 08:30 AM

1,383 posts, read 2,075,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Why do you insult people who adhere to a different philosophy than you? Without the tension between the left and right, our country would have collapsed generations ago. In fact, it never would have been created. When one goes overboard with too much power (as liberals did in the 70s and conservatives did in the 2000s), the other balances things out and keeps the ship moving.

Why do you not post this in the "politics and controversies" section, where extensive discussion on this subject has already happened?

I think the backlash against Palin from across the political spectrum has more to do with her demonstrated lack of capacity for the international stage than any conspiracy of what you label the "Loony Left".
You have nothing but a few sentences in two interviews (professional hit pieces never used on candidates from the left) that upon closer examination (Gibson had it wrong) weren't so bad. But in politics perception is everything. And no one does ambush politics better than then left. Ready,willing and able. Expect more organized attacks on Governor Palin. But at least now she can fight back. Lets see where it will go.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:24 PM
YAZ

7,073 posts, read 11,516,270 times
BTW, I voted "unsure" in the poll.

There's something going on; we'll find out soon enough.

A Senate seat?

Is she going to run with Romney?

RNC head honcho?

Old 07-07-2009, 12:36 PM

2,663 posts, read 5,912,281 times
That might have been the most absurd OP I have read in awhile.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:06 PM

6,381 posts, read 12,011,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
That might have been the most absurd OP I have read in awhile.

Of course it was, it was designed to suck the outside trolls into the Alaska thread.... Seems to have worked!

Old 07-07-2009, 03:15 PM
YAZ

7,073 posts, read 11,516,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Of course it was, it was designed to suck the outside trolls into the Alaska thread.... Seems to have worked!

I never heard of your governor until that beautiful conservative hooked up with one of my senators.

Next, I have to take my wife on vacation (to AK) to do some serious salmon fishin'.

From now on, when I visit the AK forum, I'll just stick to the pic threads. What a beautiful place.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post

I never heard of your governor until that beautiful conservative hooked up with one of my senators.

Next, I have to take my wife on vacation (to AK) to do some serious salmon fishin'.

From now on, when I visit the AK forum, I'll just stick to the pic threads. What a beautiful place.
That is great! You would enjoy your visit!

Palin has about a 50 to 56 percentage approval rating that most other governors would kill for. So the reason the poll is higher against is from the outside trolls looking for dirt, otherwise they numbers would be about the same with locals.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:16 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,103,774 times
Quote:
That is great! You would enjoy your visit!

Palin has about a 50 to 56 percentage approval rating that most other governors would kill for. So the reason the poll is higher against is from the outside trolls looking for dirt, otherwise they numbers would be about the same with locals.
And it used to be around 80%. As soon as she hit the national spot light and opened her mouth, her approval rating has slipped and continues to do so.

Using the excuse of outside trolls causing the poll to look so dismal for her is absurd. She's doing that herself.

The Mudflats Ľ Palinís Approval Rating Crashes. When Does the Burning Start? (http://www.themudflats.net/2009/05/06/palins-approval-rating-crashes-when-does-the-burning-start/ - broken link)

Old 07-07-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilkoot View Post
And it used to be around 80%. As soon as she hit the national spot light and opened her mouth, her approval rating has slipped and continues to do so.

Using the excuse of outside trolls causing the poll to look so dismal for her is absurd. She's doing that herself.

The Mudflats Ľ Palinís Approval Rating Crashes. When Does the Burning Start? (http://www.themudflats.net/2009/05/06/palins-approval-rating-crashes-when-does-the-burning-start/ - broken link)

Nope, just the facts. Most of the voters are from out of state.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:30 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,103,774 times
Quote:
Nope, just the facts. Most of the voters are from out of state.
If you narrow the poll down enough, possibly just to the community where Sarah or Todd's familys are from, you'd probably get close to a 100% approval rating. I'm not sure what the purpose would be though. It is the voters from out of state who will be chosing our next president. Normally, presidential votes from Alaska rarely make an impact, if at all.

I think you were looking for a lot of support and came up with a snappy little poll that went in a direction you weren't anticipating. Maybe it would be best to let this thread die.

I would be very interested in seeing a poll that only includes those from Alaska. I agree the numbers would be quite a bit different.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:38 PM

218 posts, read 443,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotastic View Post
I agree that terrorists found on the battfield should be shot. However, the detainees in Guantanamo were NOT all caught on the battlefield. I can almost guarentee you if you were innocent coming into Guantanamo, you left a terrorist. It also has given Al Quaida and all the other terrorist groups plenty of fuel to recruit new members. We have to be careful on how we deal with suspects. If we are preaching our values to other countries, we have to lead by example. I'm glad Obama is attempting to make more dialogue than Bush ever did. Even if there is no reasoning with these groups of people, it shows people around the world, America truly wants peace and prosperity, rather than being an arrogant "bully".
Because in WAR (uniformed combat) there is a defined battlefield. Terrorists can be captured in their own homes because in this new 21st century war against terror there is no defined battlefield. Anywhere there is anyone training, plotting, or fashioning an attack is considered "battlefield."

So essentially you're saying that you believe that there are people in Guantanamo who had no intentions of harming the US or any of the US interests, or that at the time they were captured our military captured them without any intelligence or reasonable doubt that they had such plans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska