U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Palin will excel now that she has no restraints on her
Yes 51 32.69%
No 94 60.26%
Unsure 11 7.05%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 05:47 PM

6,381 posts, read 11,948,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilkoot View Post
If you narrow the poll down enough, possibly just to the community where Sarah or Todd's familys are from, you'd probably get close to a 100% approval rating. I'm not sure what the purpose would be though. It is the voters from out of state who will be chosing our next president. Normally, presidential votes from Alaska rarely make an impact, if at all.

I think you were looking for a lot of support and came up with a snappy little poll that went in a direction you weren't anticipating. Maybe it would be best to let this thread die.

I would be very interested in seeing a poll that only includes those from Alaska. I agree the numbers would be quite a bit different.

Wasn't looking for any support, it did exactly what I wanted it to do, let the left know they have made Palin what she is going to be, their wost nightmare...

Old 07-07-2009, 06:10 PM
YAZ

7,067 posts, read 11,445,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quakinator View Post
Because in WAR (uniformed combat) there is a defined battlefield. Terrorists can be captured in their own homes because in this new 21st century war against terror there is no defined battlefield. Anywhere there is anyone training, plotting, or fashioning an attack is considered "battlefield."

So essentially you're saying that you believe that there are people in Guantanamo who had no intentions of harming the US or any of the US interests, or that at the time they were captured our military captured them without any intelligence or reasonable doubt that they had such plans?

But.....but.....but....

Jonotastic can ALMOST guarantee it.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:55 PM

1,629 posts, read 4,761,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quakinator View Post
So essentially you're saying that you believe that there are people in Guantanamo who had no intentions of harming the US or any of the US interests, or that at the time they were captured our military captured them without any intelligence or reasonable doubt that they had such plans?
Correct, before DNA testing there were people who were given the death sentence who were found innocent years later. There isn't an exact science on determining who is plotting against America. The fact that some agent has the ability to make assumptions and based on those assumptions can take a person to a secret prison to be tortured is wrong. Torture doesn't give reliable information anyways...pretty soon you will just tell them what they want to hear so they stop. I didn't support McCain in the elections, but take it from a REPUBLICAN who was tortured himself...he even wanted to close Guantanamo. Using torture while saying it is wrong, creates more terrorists in my opinion.

Rendition is not a great movie, but still it shows an example of how it could possibily happen to an innocent person. With billions of people around the world...it would be likely that innocent people have been wrongfully accused. Think back to the Communism scare in America or where we rounded up all Japanese Americans. We can't let fear take over our morals and values, otherwise we are no better than them. I don't understand how anyone who supports torture can look at themselves in the mirror.

Last edited by Jonotastic; 07-07-2009 at 10:05 PM..

Old 07-07-2009, 10:40 PM
YAZ

I can't see how anyone that would let the "Death to America" chanters let 'em go free; then look at themselves in the mirror later.

After, of course, they fly themselves into a building or three full of thousands of people.

Did anyone here have the same attitude before 9-11? If not, what changed yer mind?

Anyone have a loved one killed or injured from an IED?

I have.

how soon we forget...

Old 07-07-2009, 10:41 PM

15,596 posts, read 34,564,634 times
So it's okay for them "other guys" to chop our heads off and post videos...but it's not okay for us to waterboard them?

Poppycock. I have no problem looking in the mirror and saying to myself...we ought to lop some of their heads off and post videos for them to watch. Do unto others as they would do unto you...

Old 07-07-2009, 10:47 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
So it's okay for them "other guys" to chop our heads off and post videos...but it's not okay for us to waterboard them?

Poppycock. I have no problem looking in the mirror and saying to myself...we ought to lop some of their heads off and post videos for them to watch. Do unto others as they would do unto you...
I saw one video. Made me sick. Made me mad.

The horror, the sadness of the executions, and the pretentiousness of these thugs warrants a good can of whoop ass opening. They are all about intimidation; nothing less.

Peace thru power.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:49 PM

I'd like to chop off arms and legs and toss them into shark infested waters...just to hear them scream. And it still wouldn't be payback enough.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:53 PM
YAZ

Quote:
I'd like to chop off arms and legs and toss them into shark infested waters...just to hear them scream. And it still wouldn't be payback enough.

But....but.....but...

that wouldn't be "humane."

Old 07-07-2009, 10:55 PM

Your gosh darn right it isn't. It's called payback. Maybe if we put the fear of God in their friggin minds they'd leave us alone.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:56 PM
YAZ

Quote:

Wait.

I gotta better one.

9mm in each elbow, 9mm in each knee.....

Throw 'em in a nice warm lake at least 8 ft deep.

Waterboarding sucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska