U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Palin will excel now that she has no restraints on her
Yes 51 32.69%
No 94 60.26%
Unsure 11 7.05%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2009, 11:18 PM

471 posts, read 1,138,749 times

Advertisements

She is just devoting herself full time to her real career as a diamond theif.
Jeeze, does'nt anybody watch southpark?

Old 07-04-2009, 11:18 PM

6,423 posts, read 11,080,102 times
Palin quit before her term was over. She will now be known as a quitter, can't finish the job.

I thought she was a good Gov. before she went national. Now it seems that is all she thinks about, and if things don't go her way, she pulls the "you're picking on me and my family" bull.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:19 PM

8,685 posts, read 14,170,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
After bashing Palin for the last bunch of months since the election in an attempt to marginalize her, she has taken off the gloves.

As the Governor, she is a prime target for the loony left and they know there wasn't much she could do about it. They filed some 14 odd ethics complaints that were all baseless and thrown out at a great cost to both Palin and the State of Alaska (that is all of those that live here).

By leaving the Governor's office, she can begin to fight back without the hindrances of being attached to political office as most of her detractors aren't either.

She can now raise funds without the stings of the regulations for those in office, and she can say what is on her mind... And I would bet donuts to dollars that she is going to be one hot ticket on the Talk circit!

During the Campaign, it was her against Obama... which was kind of neat since the left can't tell the difference between her drawing power and Biden's... She drew ten's of thousands at the rallies and he drew hundreds, not bad for the second place seat.

Had the "Loony Left" just let her come back to Alaska and kept their mouths shut, she would have faded into the background, but because she is their "Waterloo", they couldn't keep quiet and now she can do what she wants and there isn't much to stop her.

She can now attend the national events and give speeches without being accused of not doing her job, which she did anyway, even on the road, just like Obama does... except he spends a lot more time on the road selling out America which isn't quite the same thing...

Payback is such a great thing!!!
Talk circuit...all about the media, but she has not been able to make it work to her advantage for almost a year...

Attend national events and give speeches...in the last days of legislative session and she wants to go give another of her speeches..., when this state needs her here to deal with issues...she cries cuz they won't let her go make a national speech...well guess what...she is our governor...where should the priorities be...then back track to the ethics issues, she does what she pleases, when she pleases and f**k AK...

How can you even compare her abandoning her state to give a speech to Obama...sorry...he is the President of US whether I like or not, but she is nothing but a publicity-seeking governor...or was...she is out the door and hope it does not hit her in the arse...When the going gets tough, our gov quit...as said elsewhere, thank God this person never got near the power she almost had...she made her bed, now she has to deal with it...No comparison to Obama....

Karma bites...

Old 07-04-2009, 11:22 PM

11,145 posts, read 13,535,459 times
Quote:
you have answered your own question, you came here to try to back pedal when the truth of the left's efforts have come back to haunt them.

Palin was set up on certain interviews to come accross as inept, when in fact Obama didn't know how many states there were... The left press passed it off as if he was tired... I don't know of any compitent person that doesn't know how many states there are that wants to be President except for one...
Again, you avoid the questions. Okay.

Watch the interviews again. She is asked basic questions that would be asked of any politician. She couldn't answer them. She babbled incoherently. Unedited.

Mis-speaking once about the number of states ages ago is really all you have to hang your hat on. I'm pretty sure a Constitutional Law professor at one of the best universities in the world knows how many states there are.

I thought conservatives were all about taking personal responsibility. You seem incapable of accepting that Palin simply could not speak or think coherently in response to basic questions. Everyone across the political spectrum I have ever encountered with this issue (many of whom are very smart), were able to assess her on her own merits based on those interviews. For the debate, they had to give her the questions in advance and she came across as coherent because she had time to memorize answers and interject the names of a few world leaders.

Conservatives can do a lot better than her. There are so many really intelligent, globally-aware conservatives capable of leading this nation.

P.S. You really shouldn't misspell the world "competent" when trying to attack another. It just undermines all of your credibility.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:29 PM

6,381 posts, read 11,946,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post

Watch the interviews again. She is asked basic questions that would be asked of any politician. She couldn't answer them. She babbled incoherently. Unedited.

Mis-speaking once about the number of states ages ago is really all you have to hang your hat on. I'm pretty sure a Constitutional Law professor at one of the best universities in the world knows how many states there are.

I thought conservatives were all about taking personal responsibility. You seem incapable of accepting that Palin simply could not speak or think coherently in response to basic questions. Everyone across the political spectrum I have ever encountered with this issue (many of whom are very smart), were able to assess her on her own merits based on those interviews.

P.S. You really shouldn't misspell the world "competent" when trying to attack another. It just undermines all of your credibility.
I guess we will just have to wait and see!

P.S. Love it when people have to drop to spelling as a fault to try to feel as if you are superior. Been doing this on an Iphone and they are a bit touchy for typing, but will try to spell it out for you... Palin will now really Rock, whether you like it or not!

Old 07-04-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post

I thought conservatives were all about taking personal responsibility. You seem incapable of accepting that Palin simply could not speak or think coherently in response to basic questions. Everyone across the political spectrum I have ever encountered with this issue (many of whom are very smart), were able to assess her on her own merits based on those interviews. For the debate, they had to give her the questions in advance and she came across as coherent because she had time to memorize answers and interject the names of a few world leaders.

Conservatives can do a lot better than her. There are so many really intelligent, globally-aware conservatives capable of leading this nation.

And she can't see Russia from Wasilla, and what was it...is Africa a continent...

There are a lot of people that can do more than what we were dealt in this last election...too bad they wouldn't come to the plate and we got the crumbs,or sacrifical guineau pigs we got from the conservatives, as they knew it was a losing game just like the Liberals knew it when Bush ran...now we are here and hopefully..

Old 07-04-2009, 11:38 PM

6,381 posts, read 11,946,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
And she can't see Russia from Wasilla, and what was it...is Africa a continent...

There are a lot of people that can do more than what we were dealt in this last election...too bad they wouldn't come to the plate and we got the crumbs,or sacrifical guineau pigs we got from the conservatives, as they knew it was a losing game just like the Liberals knew it when Bush ran...now we are here and hopefully..

Um, that wasn't Palin that said that, it was a Saturday Live Skit with Tina Fay if I recall correctly, but the liberal news outlets claimed it was her own words.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Um, that wasn't Palin that said that, it was a Saturday Live Skit with Tina Fay if I recall correctly, but the liberal news outlets claimed it was her own words.
I am darn sure it was her in a 'televised' interview where she could not think on her life (all of them)...at least the Russia thing was, and SNL played it to the max...

Look at what has happened, and she asked for most of it on her own, then plays the poor me card...what guy could get away with that one? I was so for her in the beginning, as proud she was running for VP and from Alaska, my new state...then she continued to open mouth, insert foot..., and I changed my viewpoint and became embarrassed. I didn't even vote for her as governor, as I wasn't here. She took the limelight and ran with it. When she came back to Alaska, it was never the same. She lost the drive if she ever had it, the cameras and speeches were more important...and I won't touch her family issues here, as not fair to her kids, though I would so much like to. At this point, she is an embarrassment to most moms, grammas, etc. Have you seen with all the pics she likes, a picture of her comfortable holding her own baby...how about a picture of her holding her grandson and loving him up...nope..not in the big picture as all about her, and the family crap is just that, unfortunately...

Old 07-05-2009, 12:02 AM

6,423 posts, read 11,080,102 times
I couldn't have said it better Granny. She lost all of my respect when she started taking interviews and looked like a complete airhead. When it comes down to it, she really doesn't have a clue.

Can you imagine what it would be like if her family was in White House? YIKES!!! You could make a new TV show called "The Brainless Ones".

Old 07-05-2009, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
I couldn't have said it better Granny. She lost all of my respect when she started taking interviews and looked like a complete airhead. When it comes down to it, she really doesn't have a clue.

Can you imagine what it would be like if her family was in White House? YIKES!!! You could make a new TV show called "The Brainless Ones".
Naw she would want it all to her own..The Brainless One..., the rest of the family would be over in another wing, she might not be able to find her way there, but does she care? Good question, as I can't see that she does..., I would love to see a picture of her showing genuine affection toward one of her kids, or grandbaby...rather than parading...can you imagine her taking the babies (hers and grandson) on an outing to the grocery store...yeah...want to be there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska