U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Palin will excel now that she has no restraints on her
Yes 51 32.69%
No 94 60.26%
Unsure 11 7.05%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 05:02 PM

6,974 posts, read 11,780,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotastic View Post
How do we solve murders in America?

Do we torture them? No and yet we actually are able to solve murders and put those who are found guilty to life in prison or death (either is fine). That is setting a good example. A trial that isn't in a hidden location. Where you are innocent until proven guilty. I don't think anyone is saying...well let them keep bombing us and we won't retaliate. That is not what I'm saying.

If a terrorist is found while raiding a bomb factory, kill them, do what you want. However, there is a gray area...where people not in the battlefield have been taken from their homes...in countries around the world (not just in Iraq). Reminds me of the Salem Witch Trials...pretty soon you are so encompassed by fear...you accuse someone and with no trial, you are tortured to death. What was the test they did...a witch can't drown, so they'd dump your body into a well and wouldn't stop until a) you confessed or b) you die at which they would say you will go to heaven.
Solving a murder where the vicitim is already dead and trying to thwart a terrorist attack where the potential vicitims are very much alive are two very different things.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:11 PM

1,629 posts, read 4,777,294 times
Do you believe that by us torturing suspected terrorists it WILL NOT create more terrorists or more fuel for propaganda to recruit new terrorists?

I am just curious to know because this is the main reason if we look beyond what is morally right or wrong...this is the main reason why in my view torturing to get information causes more harm than good.

It's like having a rotting deck and instead of replacing the deck, you keep adding more and more pieces of wood underneath the rotting wood...it will never fix the problem and it will just make it harder to fix for the next person who buys that house or the next generation who inhabit this Earth.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:16 PM

1,255 posts, read 1,861,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
So this country should just eat crow every time some lunatic kills our citizens. Set a good example so to speak.

Screw that.
But this is what the Islamic radicals say as well. That America uses, abuses and kills their people. By your peculiar logic, they are then justified in their jihad.

Do you think at all before you type?

Old 07-08-2009, 05:20 PM

28 posts, read 55,668 times
If you don't see the media bias, you are hopelessly liberal. International politics!? Barry can't find southern Illinois.............

Old 07-08-2009, 05:23 PM

4,986 posts, read 8,325,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotastic View Post
You have to ask yourself...how can some people around the world hate us so much, that they would blow themselves up and think they are doing the world justice? How do these people recruit children, who turn into the next generation of terrorists?
No, I don't have to "ask myself" - they are INSANE. Why is that so difficult to understand?

Old 07-08-2009, 05:25 PM

4,986 posts, read 8,325,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
But this is what the Islamic radicals say as well. That America uses, abuses and kills their people. By your peculiar logic, they are then justified in their jihad.

Here we go with the moral-relativism psycho-babble. Trying to equate the US with a bunch of murderous whack-jobs.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:29 PM

1,629 posts, read 4,777,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
No, I don't have to "ask myself" - they are INSANE. Why is that so difficult to understand?
They are insane, but as I said...terrorism didn't start at 9/11.

The people who are strapping bombs to themselves are a lost cause. However, there are children right now who are trying to be manipulated into their radical ideas. They are having to decide who is right and who is wrong. Are they the good guys or are we the good guys?

A child's mine is a blank slate...that is our only chance to end or at least slow down terrorism.

You never answered my question btw.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:32 PM

15,596 posts, read 34,688,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
If you can, get a membership in InfraGard. They give some awesome training. When dealing with suicide bombers only head shots count.
Hey thanks for that link. I've just filled out my app.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:36 PM

2,015 posts, read 4,567,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
After bashing Palin for the last bunch of months since the election in an attempt to marginalize her, she has taken off the gloves.

So, "she has taken off her gloves"? But, can she go the distance? Probably not.

She certainly couldn't go the distance finishing out her term as governor. In fact, she doesn't even know what "lame duck" means.

Surprise, surprise, Gomer Palin...err, I mean, Governor Palin.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:38 PM

15,596 posts, read 34,688,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post

And thus...so am I justified in my jihad. An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. Bring it back on them tenfold. Maybe they would think twice before terrorizing us again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska