U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Palin will excel now that she has no restraints on her
Yes 51 32.69%
No 94 60.26%
Unsure 11 7.05%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 07:07 PM

20,418 posts, read 26,539,344 times

Advertisements

The Geneva Convention, however, does apply.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:38 PM

6,904 posts, read 11,690,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
You are very correct. I don't condone torture. Long hours of interrogation without sleep, being forced to listen to rap music, I don't think those kinds of things rise to the level of torture.

Geneva Convention relative to the Treatment of Prisoners of War (http://www.unhchr.ch/html/menu3/b/91.htm - broken link)

Old 07-08-2009, 07:48 PM

5,963 posts, read 10,492,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilkoot View Post
Last night David Letterman said the President waved to Sarah Palin from Russia...
Wow, how could he even find which way to wave towards any of the 57 States??

Last edited by Alaskapat528; 07-08-2009 at 07:59 PM.. Reason: add

Old 07-08-2009, 07:58 PM

9,086 posts, read 12,856,148 times
Im not from the great state of Alaska,have never been.However as this question pertains more to a political nature and not Alaska directly,I think I can give my insight.Palin is THROUGH.I dont't care for her as a politician but from a logical point of view,how could you support someone who quit her job?Do you not think that if she runs for President those "little ethic's things" will not come up?I think there is something about to happen that is worse.It always is something more.No politician quits for no good reason.She say's because of the cost to the state for all those ethics inquiries.If you believe that well....Its always something more at first.

If anything I think she quit to get pity from some gullible people who will believe her when she says "people are trying to stop her from succeeding".Truth is their are.However she will hide all her flaws behind that reason.The rest of the country is not gonna go for it.

We all have values but why can't we see that sometimes values are only as good as how people actually are,not what they say they are.Values should not come at the risk of being knowledgeable.No I don't mean forgetting a stupid fact about how many states in the U.S.I mean who are the Prime Minister of our allies?
Should a President our Country talk like this?

1. "As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border." --Sarah Palin, explaining why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience, interview with CBS's Katie Couric, Sept. 24, 2008
Is that how our president should answer a serious question?
She thought there was a Department of Law.She could not name any other important Supreme Court Decisions other than Roe V. Wade.
And people want to squabble over if someone misspoke on how many states their are?Is this really more important?

I wanted to be fair with the quotes ,so I went and look at every dumb quote Obama said versus what Palin said.All of Obama's quotes easily were statements that could be attributed to misspeaking.Those concerning Gov.Palin were all about policy or policies concerning things that are important to out nation security or advancement.Yet her supporters are so blinded by her ineptness,that they only want to focus on things that really do not matter.This is reckless.I admit I tend to vote Democratic mostly.That said, I would vote for Newt Gingrich before I vote for Sarah Palin.At least I can see the man is clearly well informed and educated even though I strongly disagree with his ideology.
This is not about Obama or anybody else.This is about is she competent?

Old 07-08-2009, 08:48 PM

288 posts, read 284,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
This is about is she competent?

In a word...yes.

Not only is she competent, but based on executive experience more qualified for the position than Mr. 2 year junior senator.

regards,
TB

Old 07-08-2009, 09:09 PM

21,358 posts, read 32,300,817 times
She's an idiot...

Old 07-08-2009, 09:14 PM

133 posts, read 140,086 times
The dems are afraid of her. She's too good AND smart. GO.......SARAH!

Old 07-08-2009, 09:38 PM

6,381 posts, read 11,941,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
So, "she has taken off her gloves"? But, can she go the distance? Probably not.

She certainly couldn't go the distance finishing out her term as governor. In fact, she doesn't even know what "lame duck" means.

Surprise, surprise, Gomer Palin...err, I mean, Governor Palin.

I started this thread for the clear enjoyment of having the left going bonkers about Palin leaving the Govenors Office.

If they truely thought she was done they would drop the issue and go after the next victim. Instead, they are all over the place keeping her in the spotlight trying to trash her when in fact they are building her base!

Keep up the good work! "Very proud of the Left in my Country for the first time!"

Old 07-08-2009, 09:44 PM

6,381 posts, read 11,941,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
You are correct! For uniformed soldiers it applies.

Anyone caught fighting out of uniform is concidered a spy worldwide and subject to an execution at sunrise. It doesn't apply to them.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:44 PM

1,629 posts, read 4,759,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesoranges View Post
The dems are afraid of her. She's too good AND smart. GO.......SARAH!
...the more she talks the better it is for the Dems...let's hope she does more interviews...what will she see next from her house...will she be able to explain what the Bush Doctrine is this time? What part of America will she proclaim the most patriotic? Is it still small towns & Western PA? Keep em coming
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska