U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Palin will excel now that she has no restraints on her
Yes 51 32.69%
No 94 60.26%
Unsure 11 7.05%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 09:46 PM

9,086 posts, read 12,866,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Boy View Post
In a word...yes.

Not only is she competent, but based on executive experience more qualified for the position than Mr. 2 year junior senator.

regards,
TB
Where did her experience show when she could not answer certain foreign policy questions?Have you ever heard of her talking in dept about any national or international policy questions?Say what you will but should a President of the United States of America have gone to 5 different collegesin 6years before they graduated from a very mediocre school?She has only ever traveled to Canada. Travelling gives you perspective and insight into the way things are outside of your usual surroundings.It [B]EDUCATES[/b] in the ways of the world.So you wanna insist that "left wing media" is trying to destroy her?Is the left wing media all over the world also trying to do the same?She has absolutely no credibility anywhere in the world.They have conservative periodicals all across the globe.Those that have embraced former President Bush,Regan and w.Bush.None of them think highly of her.Some of you will "say what do we care about what those countries think of our political candidates"?It's actually about who cares and why rather than what.The reasons behind why they feel the way they do.They(the world) are free to feel they way they do because they have no "horse in this race".No political party.No special interest.Ths makes them impartial.They can see clearer than what some want to be true but isn't.This will make many people mad.This is surely not my intent.However I do think that until AMERICANS think in terms of whats good for the country instead of what is just good for themselves and themselves locally only,we will never solve our really big problems.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:50 PM

6,381 posts, read 11,949,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotastic View Post
...the more she talks the better it is for the Dems...let's hope she does more interviews...what will she see next from her house...will she be able to explain what the Bush Doctrine is this time? What part of America will she proclaim the most patriotic? Is it still small towns & Western PA? Keep em coming

Well since Bush didn't know what his "Doctrine" was either, how could anyone ese know... Do you?

Old 07-08-2009, 09:54 PM

1,629 posts, read 4,762,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Well since Bush didn't know what his "Doctrine" was either, how could anyone ese know... Do you?
There is a lot in the Bush Doctrine...from the top of my head...it gives America the right to attack a country preemptively. It's how we were able to invade Afghanistan after 9/11.

Bush wasn't the smartest man, but of course he knows what his own adminstration's doctrine is...do you have a source that shows Bush has no idea what his own doctrine is? That would be a good laugh if it were true.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:10 PM

Quote:
That's supposed to be why and how we elect our leaders.They should know more than what we know.We should then hold them accountable for not knowing.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotastic View Post
There is a lot in the Bush Doctrine...from the top of my head...it gives America the right to attack a country preemptively. It's how we were able to invade Afghanistan after 9/11.

Bush wasn't the smartest man, but of course he knows what his own adminstration's doctrine is...do you have a source that shows Bush has no idea what his own doctrine is? That would be a good laugh if it were true.

So in a nutshell, you have no clue either...?

Old 07-08-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
That's supposed to be why and how we elect our leaders.They should know more than what we know.We should then hold them accountable for not knowing.

Well it proves that both Obama and McCain were clueless too.

Of course, the press never asked Obama anything that require some knowledge either... Oh yeah, I admit he was asked about the College basketball standings.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:25 PM

6,918 posts, read 11,702,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
That's why they elected the Prophet Obama. He knows all and is all things to all people. He came to save people like you from yourselves.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:40 PM

315 posts, read 825,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
No, I get it. It's not hard. Please answer my questions instead of silly ad hominem attacks.

I'm trying to rise above a silly partisan bickering match. I'm not a liberal and I'm not a conservative.

I was just saying that the attacks against her are not some conspiracy of her political opposition. She walked onto the international stage and was not ready. Everybody in the McCain camp saw it. They kept her under wraps as long as they could, using her as an image, and spoke out the moment they were free to do so.

The words from her own mouth - unprovoked and unedited, despite cries of media bias - have time and again revealed to anyone willing to listen that she simply lacks the intelligence, backbone, and grit to thrive in international politics.

She can't handle the heat, so she's getting out of the kitchen. It's a smart move and it may pay off for her if enough time passes and she educates herself more on international policy. But, as it is, she doesn't stand a chance outside of her relatively small social conservative, mostly rural white base. They may pack an auditorium, but they can't pack a ballot box.
I wish I could rep you 1000 times!! To me she comes off as not intelligent at all. She's just not smart enough, first impressions are lasting impressions. All I can remember is her saying "say it aint so joe," who would say that at a debate in front of the whole country! Besides she's a quitter.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:51 PM

1,629 posts, read 4,762,394 times
Quote:
So in a nutshell, you have no clue either...?
I don't know how to make it any more clear...what is so hard to understand about it?

Old 07-08-2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
That's why they elected the Prophet Obama. He knows all and is all things to all people. He came to save people like you from yourselves.
Why do you want to make this about me?You know nothing about me.That would give me a logical conclusion that you probably know little about policies of state.Your statements reflect how poorly you would involve yourself on such matters without any knowledge of the subject at hand.In warfare that can be deadly.To misread or be uninformed about your opponent and make irrational or reckless moves with little thought or respect, rather than informing yourself of the situation before hand.Giving a logical well thought out reply would have impressed me more.One line smart-alex comments and insults are a very telling way of what you are about.I'm not about to start some sort of diatribe with you.People who cannot debate resort to insults and violence because they cannot think beyond their emotions.
Obama.He's our president all ready.Yogi Bear could have known more than Sarah Palin.Keep blaming everyone else.Better yet tell me what matters of state questions did he not know?Its one thing to give a less than perfect answer to a question.It another to avoid answering real questions altogether.I get why some people do not like Obama.His doctrine is not what some in this country find good for the country.In those regards ,its only a matter of perspective of whats important to the individual.That you just have to respect people for being the individual they are even though you do not agree.

Sorry ,but you cannot upset me.I have a better opinion of myself than what you or anybody else can have.Maybe its your feelings of inferiority that cause you to lash out.Not saying it is,but you should probably do some soul searching and find out why.Anyway sounds like your problem not mine.Just trying to help.I wish you well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska