U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Palin will excel now that she has no restraints on her
Yes 51 32.69%
No 94 60.26%
Unsure 11 7.05%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 01:25 AM

8,685 posts, read 14,165,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I hope it is soon.
I am sure you and others do, but you see from this state, she made all kinds of promises for reform, she was in the right place at the right time and she has not carried out a job full term on her own as of yet, she got that 'headlight glare' in her eyes of the 'big city', and forgot where she was from and what she said...

If that is what you want more power to you and her if she can carry it through, but personally after just watching the last couple of years, I really doubt it. I usually am on the side of the underdog, but this one has surpassed any expectations in the wrong direction, and I have learned when to let it go.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:53 AM

20,187 posts, read 12,820,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
You got it baby, but remember she left her state hangin, doncha know? She will try to take credit, but those weren't her 'original' ideas...only what seemed good at the moment, now she forgot obviously, as she may more interested in challenging Obama to a foot race...chase the camera baby, chase the camera
So NOW they weren't her original ideas. I thought the left said they were dumb ideas. Dumb when she had them, brilliant when someone else has them. Yes, it does border on Palin derangement syndrome for the left.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:56 AM

20,187 posts, read 12,820,904 times
She took on the old boys club so I can see why she would make lots of enemies. I don't look at the attacks on her as anything other than attacks from those in power who can't stand anyone going against their machine.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:49 AM

1,222 posts, read 3,285,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
And thus...so am I justified in my jihad. An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. Bring it back on them tenfold. Maybe they would think twice before terrorizing us again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post

That's how the REAL world works.
Jupp, and that is exactly why 9/11 and all the other terrorist attacks just keep on coming and why terrorist cells keep growing in number and size... Revenge isn't logical or rational. The war in Iraq is a good example of that, so is 9/11.

Love the mentality - keep it coming and we will all be out of our misery soon enough!

What happened to the New Testament, where Jesus said the "eye for an eye" (and the world goes blind) was wrong and that we should "turn the other cheek"?
Revenge only brings revenge.
Sure, forgiving might not result in totaly erasing terrorism and wants for revenge, but it would make the rest of the world able to respect the one doing the forgiving. Less revenge actions => less revenge actions coming back, plus respect from the rest of the world (and as a result, help in fighting the ones terrorising).
Right now, no side is respected by the majority of the people in the world. No side. Worth thinking about...

Old 07-09-2009, 09:03 AM

6,381 posts, read 11,941,226 times
Quote:
If she was prevented from doing her job and Parnell can do it then why not let him do it? The media would like her to go hide but even if she did that I think they would still chase after her. It's called obsession.
It is a new concept, "Honesty in politics". It would be nice if the rest of them tried it.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:13 AM

20,417 posts, read 26,539,344 times
Quote:
So when Palin was saying something about the bridge she was wasting money but when Parnell goes ahead with it then it is brillant? When Palin wanted to drill for oil it was dumb but if Parnell pushes for it then it is brillant. WTH, no wonder she left. You people are crazy as a loon.
I don't know where you get your information. Your post is a bunch of crap.

Do you understand at all that the issue Rance was talking about is NOT drilling for oil??? Are you aware that he was talking about a natural gas pipeline? What do you know about the bridge? Nothing, that's what, or you wouldn't squawk about it like ignorant freak that you are.

You saw something on television that looked and sounded good to you, and as a result you're blaring about things you know less than nothing about. You're as dumb as a box of rocks and people with your mentality are the reason why some of us (and it isn't just liberals) are concerned that you'll put this uneducated hysterical lying hot mess in some sort of position of power in the future.

I really need to stop looking at this board before I've had my first cup of coffee in the morning because some of you idjits are so damned dumb that you give me a headache. This janelle idjit's posts are so stupid they could have been written by the soon to be thank f-ing GOD governor herself.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 07-09-2009 at 09:41 AM..

Old 07-09-2009, 09:14 AM

4,986 posts, read 8,283,109 times
Quote:
So when Palin was saying something about the bridge she was wasting money but when Parnell goes ahead with it then it is brillant? When Palin wanted to drill for oil it was dumb but if Parnell pushes for it then it is brillant. WTH, no wonder she left. You people are crazy as a loon.
See, here we go again. This is why I keep warning you people from down south to be careful about your support for Palin based on what you here in the press, when you don’t really understand how she’s f’d up local Alaska politics.

The bridge mentioned here is not the same “bridge to nowhere” that you heard about in the national media during the campaign. This is a bridge designed to connect Anchorage with another area that holds a significant percentage of the workday commuting population. From most polls, an overwhelming majority support building the bridge so no one here is criticizing her on that issue.

Nobody has ever criticized her for wanting to build a gas pipeline or expand resource development either. Most Alaskan’s (except for the kooks) support that. It’s how she went about doing it, which turned out to be a complete circus. First, she ran for governor in part saying she would stick it to those big, bad, oil companies. Then she crafted legislation to build a gas pipeline that she promised would exclude the major producers, most notably Exxon, even though the foreign company that ended up winning the bid to build the line said it couldn’t be done without them. Then, when the project looked like it was going nowhere, Exxon stepped in to save the day, but Palin and her gang now try to play it up as if it were somehow their doing all along.

There have been numerous other example like this too, where she promises one thing, does the exact opposite, then says something again completely non-factual and we are simply supposed to roll over and believe her. At best she's just another double-talking politician, at worst she's insane.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I don't know where you get your information. Your post is a bunch of crap.

Do you understand at all that the issue Rance was talking about is NOT drilling for oil??? Are you aware that he was talking about a natural gas pipeline? dWhat do you know about the bridge? Nothing, that's what, or you wouldn't squawk about it like ignorant freak that you are.

You saw something on television that looked and sounded good to you, and as a result you're blaring about things you know less than nothing about. You're as dumb as a box of rocks and people with your mentality are the reason why so e of us (and it isn't just liberals) are concerned that you'll put this uneducated hysterical lying hot mess in some sort of position of power in the future.

I really need to stop looking at this board before I've had my first cup of coffee in the morning because some of you idjits are so damned dumb tht you give me a headache. This janelle idjit's posts are so stupid they could have been written by the soon to be thank f-ing GOD governor herself.
There, see, Met read that post the same way I did. We are pretty much on opposite sides of the political spectrum so it should show all you Palinbots that she has blown her support from all sides up here!

Old 07-09-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
Jupp, and that is exactly why 9/11 and all the other terrorist attacks just keep on coming and why terrorist cells keep growing in number and size... Revenge isn't logical or rational. The war in Iraq is a good example of that, so is 9/11.

Love the mentality - keep it coming and we will all be out of our misery soon enough!

What happened to the New Testament, where Jesus said the "eye for an eye" (and the world goes blind) was wrong and that we should "turn the other cheek"?
Revenge only brings revenge.
Sure, forgiving might not result in totaly erasing terrorism and wants for revenge, but it would make the rest of the world able to respect the one doing the forgiving. Less revenge actions => less revenge actions coming back, plus respect from the rest of the world (and as a result, help in fighting the ones terrorising).
Right now, no side is respected by the majority of the people in the world. No side. Worth thinking about...
I never said it was perfect, just that's how it works.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:24 AM

5,963 posts, read 10,492,816 times
Quote:

Yes, do you note a pattern here? I'm referring to those who tear some politicians apart and leave the others alone; something I can't figure out. Too bad Palin wasn't a cabinet member of the current administration, her dimboism would have fit right in.

Last edited by Alaskapat528; 07-09-2009 at 09:36 AM.. Reason: add
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska