U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Palin will excel now that she has no restraints on her
Yes 51 32.69%
No 94 60.26%
Unsure 11 7.05%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 10:26 AM

20,554 posts, read 26,717,000 times

Advertisements

Thank you, Moose; you said it much better than I could at this early hour.

There was one idjit in the political forum that even thought that Palin was responsible for the Perm. Fund. I truly do despair.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Yes, do you note a pattern here?
Pat, you really need to read the post that Moose made about this.

Personally, I do see a pattern here. These people know nothing about the natural gas pipeline which was supposed to be an all Alaskan one or about the bridges. Probably don't even know that the thank Heaven soon to be ex governor dumped all over SE AK over the bridge to the airport. Now Ketchikan's got this useless road that cost a few million bucks and no bridge.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:45 AM

5,963 posts, read 10,534,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Pat, you really need to read the post that Moose made about this.

Personally, I do see a pattern here. These people know nothing about the natural gas pipeline which was supposed to be an all Alaskan one or about the bridges. Probably don't even know that the thank Heaven soon to be ex governor dumped all over SE AK over the bridge to the airport. Now Ketchikan's got this useless road that cost a few million bucks and no bridge.
I did read Moose's post and tried to rep him but it said I gotta spread it around. That was an excellent post and I agree. janelle is one of those who reads or hears something on the news and then tries to jump on the bandwagon without really informing herself on the issue/s. I was basically making a joke with my reply. Yes, we are All crazy on this board, myself included....just ask my husband, in one way or another and I say that without any malice. Sometimes I find it amusing, other times irritating when folks such as her post on here (which they have a right to), but post really stupid, ignorant things with no real clue on what's going on.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
See, here we go again. This is why I keep warning you people from down south to be careful about your support for Palin based on what you here in the press, when you don’t really understand how she’s f’d up local Alaska politics.

The bridge mentioned here is not the same “bridge to nowhere” that you heard about in the national media during the campaign. This is a bridge designed to connect Anchorage with another area that holds a significant percentage of the workday commuting population. From most polls, an overwhelming majority support building the bridge so no one here is criticizing her on that issue.

Nobody has ever criticized her for wanting to build a gas pipeline or expand resource development either. Most Alaskan’s (except for the kooks) support that. It’s how she went about doing it, which turned out to be a complete circus. First, she ran for governor in part saying she would stick it to those big, bad, oil companies. Then she crafted legislation to build a gas pipeline that she promised would exclude the major producers, most notably Exxon, even though the foreign company that ended up winning the bid to build the line said it couldn’t be done without them. Then, when the project looked like it was going nowhere, Exxon stepped in to save the day, but Palin and her gang now try to play it up as if it were somehow their doing all along.

There have been numerous other example like this too, where she promises one thing, does the exact opposite, then says something again completely non-factual and we are simply supposed to roll over and believe her. At best she's just another double-talking politician, at worst she's insane.
Those of you who actually buy into your idols Rush and Ann's gibberish about this being a left/right type of issue need to read this post and learn something about what is actually going on in AK instead of barfing up the latest crock of **** from your heroes.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Thank you, Moose; you said it much better than I could at this early hour.

There was one idjit in the political forum that even thought that Palin was responsible for the Perm. Fund. I truly do despair.
What???? Now that is just downright pathetic.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
I did read Moose's post and tried to rep him but it said I gotta spread it around. That was an excellent post and I agree. janelle is one of those who reads or hears something on the news and then tries to jump on the bandwagon without really informing herself on the issue/s. I was basically making a joke with my reply. Yes, we are All crazy on this board, myself included....just ask my husband, in one way or another and I say that without any malice. Sometimes I find it amusing, other times irritating when folks such as her post on here (which they have a right to), but post really stupid, ignorant things with no real clue on what's going on.
Oh, ok. Humor eludes me at times like this when I haven't had enough damn coffee. Yes, who are right about janelle being one of those who has no real information about something. She probably is another of those with some sort of sordid girl crush on the soon to be thank GOD ex gov. The political forum is rife with that type.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
What???? Now that is just downright pathetic.
Yes, it was pathetic. The idjit bleated on and on about it.

I'd better turn this thing off before I get banned or some such for flaming the ignorant fools that come here thinking they know something when in reality their heads are so far up their...

ok. See ya later. Some of us have to fish, you know.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Oh, ok. Humor eludes me at times like this when I haven't had enough damn coffee. Yes, who are right about janelle being one of those who has no real information about something. She probably is another of those with some sort of sordid girl crush on the soon to be thank GOD ex gov. The political forum is rife with that type.

Same thing here.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:59 AM

4,986 posts, read 8,319,908 times
Quote:
Yes, we are All crazy on this board, myself included....just ask my husband, in one way or another and I say that without any malice. Sometimes I find it amusing, other times irritating when folks such as her post on here (which they have a right to), but post really stupid, ignorant things with no real clue on what's going on.
Yep, that pretty much sums it up for me as well. A person would go truly mad if you took all this stuff seriously. You just have keep the old saying in mind at all times: don't believe anything you read on the internet!

The way I look at it, we're all crazy, from one end of the spectrum to the other. From Notrees, Met, and CC to Glitch, Starlite, myself and all those in between. Just one big disfunctional family that gets their kicks by shouting at each other day after day...

Old 07-09-2009, 11:14 AM

21,358 posts, read 32,429,312 times
Woohoo, I'm not on Moose's list!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska