U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Do you think Palin will excel now that she has no restraints on her
Yes 51 32.69%
No 94 60.26%
Unsure 11 7.05%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-05-2009, 01:14 AM
 
Location: Alaska & Florida
1,629 posts, read 4,759,847 times
Reputation: 823

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
I wasn't aware that she already got the $10-mil for the book. Things like that usually take a little time to arrange.
Likewise with lawsuits...it takes awhile with all the appeals...years...until you actually have to show the money. She has made money from her new found fame in other ways already though. Quitting isn't going to make them magically disappear either.

Anyways, I'm off to bed, it was nice chatting with you Rayin, G'night!

 
Old 07-05-2009, 01:14 AM
 
Location: Palmer
2,518 posts, read 5,871,034 times
Reputation: 1365
I honestly don't know what Palin is going to do. I think there is a good chance that she goes on the speaking circuit and raises some serious cash for herself and her family. There is a good chance that she doesn't run anytime soon. She might wait until Piper is done with highschool to run. That would be about 10 years? Not sure how old Piper is.

If she stays on the speaking circuit...talking on the shows etc. She will still be able to step in at a later time.

Or she could run for senate...against Murkowski whom she would likely beat, or better, six years from now against Begich whom she would slaughter.

Than, six years after that she could run for president. She would be 57 I think.

Or she might just stay out of politics altogether. Whatever...it's her life, she gets to make the choices.
 
Old 07-05-2009, 01:15 AM
 
Location: Not far from Fairbanks, AK
16,167 posts, read 27,421,913 times
Reputation: 11834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Van Diest View Post
I honestly don't know what Palin is going to do. I think there is a good chance that she goes on the speaking circuit and raises some serious cash for herself and her family. There is a good chance that she doesn't run anytime soon. She might wait until Piper is done with highschool to run. That would be about 10 years? Not sure how old Piper is.

If she stays on the speaking circuit...talking on the shows etc. She will still be able to step in at a later time.

Or she could run for senate...against Murkowski whom she would likely beat, or better, six years from now against Begich whom she would slaughter.

Than, six years after that she could run for president. She would be 57 I think.

Or she might just stay out of politics altogether. Whatever...it's her life, she gets to make the choices.
All good points. I agree with you.
 
Old 07-05-2009, 01:16 AM
 
Location: Hangin' with the bears.
3,811 posts, read 4,247,482 times
Reputation: 915
I'm not being facitious here but I am begining to think there's something wrong with Palin, medical or mental. Her actions yesterday and today don't seem quite right. Todd flew in from Bristol yesterday (Thursday?), the same day or day before her announcement so how involved was he really in the 'hell, yeah' decision to resign? What political figure posts their agenda on Twitter, Facebook, MySpace?

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I think she's going off the deep end. I'm sure there's more irrational behavior to follow what we are witnessing to date.
 
Old 07-05-2009, 01:17 AM
 
Location: Alaska & Florida
1,629 posts, read 4,759,847 times
Reputation: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Van Diest View Post
I honestly don't know what Palin is going to do. I think there is a good chance that she goes on the speaking circuit and raises some serious cash for herself and her family. There is a good chance that she doesn't run anytime soon. She might wait until Piper is done with highschool to run. That would be about 10 years? Not sure how old Piper is.

If she stays on the speaking circuit...talking on the shows etc. She will still be able to step in at a later time.

Or she could run for senate...against Murkowski whom she would likely beat, or better, six years from now against Begich whom she would slaughter.

Than, six years after that she could run for president. She would be 57 I think.

Or she might just stay out of politics altogether. Whatever...it's her life, she gets to make the choices.
A presidential career in the FAR future as you mentioned may be possible. However, 2012...I don't think she has a chance because of this move...it will come back to bite her. Okay I'm really leaving now lol, bye!
 
Old 07-05-2009, 01:22 AM
 
Location: Casa Grande, AZ
8,685 posts, read 14,165,472 times
Reputation: 10300
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
In reality the left has put tremendous pressure on Palin like I have never seen. It has been non-stop, and quite mean at times. None of us really knows the answer for her reasons to step down, so we are pretty much speculating.
So she played the "poor me" card? that's okay in "her" case?...sorry not...They have been mean to a lot of people, but those people did not camera search...what about her article in Running...give me a break please.. she is a disgrace to Alaska, then to the nation...which circles back to Alaska..
 
Old 07-05-2009, 01:27 AM
 
Location: Casa Grande, AZ
8,685 posts, read 14,165,472 times
Reputation: 10300
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
I wasn't aware that she already got the $10-mil for the book. Things like that usually take a little time to arrange.
Though the book deal was announced publicly a few months ago, with her a-grinnin' in the background...fame has taken over what mind she has left, she has not been the same since the VP nomination and acceptance, coming back to Alaska, her heart is not in it anymore, it is very obvious.
 
Old 07-05-2009, 01:28 AM
 
Location: Casa Grande, AZ
8,685 posts, read 14,165,472 times
Reputation: 10300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
I'm not being facitious here but I am begining to think there's something wrong with Palin, medical or mental. Her actions yesterday and today don't seem quite right. Todd flew in from Bristol yesterday (Thursday?), the same day or day before her announcement so how involved was he really in the 'hell, yeah' decision to resign? What political figure posts their agenda on Twitter, Facebook, MySpace?

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I think she's going off the deep end. I'm sure there's more irrational behavior to follow what we are witnessing to date.
A teeny-bopper, beauty queen, wannabe...
 
Old 07-05-2009, 01:30 AM
 
Location: Casa Grande, AZ
8,685 posts, read 14,165,472 times
Reputation: 10300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Van Diest View Post
I honestly don't know what Palin is going to do. I think there is a good chance that she goes on the speaking circuit and raises some serious cash for herself and her family. There is a good chance that she doesn't run anytime soon. She might wait until Piper is done with highschool to run. That would be about 10 years? Not sure how old Piper is.

If she stays on the speaking circuit...talking on the shows etc. She will still be able to step in at a later time.

Or she could run for senate...against Murkowski whom she would likely beat, or better, six years from now against Begich whom she would slaughter.

Than, six years after that she could run for president. She would be 57 I think.

Or she might just stay out of politics altogether. Whatever...it's her life, she gets to make the choices.
I can't help it, speaking circuit, on who's dime...she is going to hire writers right? With all the problems she has had speaking spontaneously...ROFLMAO
 
Old 07-05-2009, 01:47 AM
 
Location: From UK to AK via MI
261 posts, read 681,722 times
Reputation: 157
So they think shes going to do the speaking circuit ? That makes her backing out as guest speaker at Wasilla High School's graduation ceremony at the last minute even worse. Maybe a graduation wasnt high enough profile for her ?

Oh dear
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top