U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Palin will excel now that she has no restraints on her
Yes 51 32.69%
No 94 60.26%
Unsure 11 7.05%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 01:57 AM

8,685 posts, read 14,175,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Horizon View Post
So they think shes going to do the speaking circuit ? That makes her backing out as guest speaker at Wasilla High School's graduation ceremony at the last minute even worse. Maybe a graduation wasnt high enough profile for her ?

Oh dear
Sad...but probably no national cameras for her to speak to...

Old 07-05-2009, 02:58 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,250,262 times
Just got back from the fireworks on the beach. This is a Tlgint village and I was told by several that in addition to celebrating the 4th, they were also celebrating Palin's resignation. Lots of 'woooohoooos' around us when one of the women who told me that shouted it out, very loudly!

Old 07-05-2009, 03:06 AM

860 posts, read 1,707,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Because everything else aside, she has been our gov, and we have endured this 'phenomena' with her for almost a year now... Now we don't have to do this on a state level anymore...she has dumped us twice and I don't think Alaskans allow three strikes...

There are a lot of loonies in this picture, and I think she is one of them, but like said above we deal with it...or have had to...

These 'little' ethics things, she brought on herself..., yes it costs us money, but she never thought about the state she loved before she acted or opened her mouth...nor has she given a rip how Alaska looked to the rest of the world when she did acted innocently or opened her mouth.

She has proven she has no moral scruples no matter what comes from her Bible-bangin' family values mouth..., she loves Alaska, yeah right as long as Alaska is in her top 10 at the moment...Now saying that her camera-seeking, me-Sarah personna does not effect Alaska in the long run is a mistruth...she has taken advantage of the residents and voters of this state, and as I said, she has shown her true colors now twice...if a better opportunity comes up, she goes for it...you betcha, doncha know...

Granny, all I can say is "You are awesome!! and right on!!"

Old 07-05-2009, 07:25 AM

11,145 posts, read 13,541,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
I guess we will just have to wait and see!

P.S. Love it when people have to drop to spelling as a fault to try to feel as if you are superior. Been doing this on an Iphone and they are a bit touchy for typing, but will try to spell it out for you... Palin will now really Rock, whether you like it or not!
Grammatically speaking, you also shouldn't capitalize "rock". Silly IPhone.

You're right. I do feel all warm and superior now.

Old 07-05-2009, 07:31 AM

11,145 posts, read 13,541,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
I'm not being facitious here but I am begining to think there's something wrong with Palin, medical or mental. Her actions yesterday and today don't seem quite right. Todd flew in from Bristol yesterday (Thursday?), the same day or day before her announcement so how involved was he really in the 'hell, yeah' decision to resign? What political figure posts their agenda on Twitter, Facebook, MySpace?

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I think she's going off the deep end. I'm sure there's more irrational behavior to follow what we are witnessing to date.
I agree with you. All politics aside, there's just something very unstable in her decision making and the way she reacts to every comment about her or her family that she happily used as political fodder when it worked in her favor.

She's now considering filing a suit against the media. I just really don't think she has a thick enough skin for politics. She takes it personal - whether it's an interviewer or a comedian - and turns it into a Jerry Springer episode everytime.

I just worry what she would do if a world leader started taunting her. Would she have the wherewithall to keep her cool and measured tone like Obama does in the face of threats? Or would her ego get in the way and lead us into WWIII?

She would be smart to run for Senate and get some experience if she has any aspirations. I just really don't think she can see beyond her passionate base to the larger reality that no one else would vote for her in a million years. The fear of her as VP drove many to Obama.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:59 AM

20,437 posts, read 26,572,905 times
The fireworks kept me awake last night so I'm a bit cranky. People here were not only celebrating the 4th but celebrating the resignation of the governor as well.

So I haven't read this whole thing.

She might have a future in the media as some sort of female Rush; she'll certainly have a following. I hope she takes some remedial public speaking courses first though.

I don't think this was some well planned and well thought out move on the governor's part. Her demeanor and the timing just doesn't ring true.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:06 AM

20,437 posts, read 26,572,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Politicians, governors, etc. often step down. The ethics complains, baseless or not, have cost the State of Alaska over $300,000 just on investigations, and her personal legal fees somewhere around $500,000. The ethics complains won't stop unless she steps down, so maybe that's a way for her to end the accusations. Perhaps she can now counter-suit and make them pay her legal fees? I am not a lawyer, so I don't really know.
Have you made your donation to her PAC yet, Ray?

Old 07-05-2009, 09:29 AM

1,763 posts, read 5,262,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Seems the left just created their own worst Nightmare
It seems to me Sarah's problems were created primarily by her own party, not the left. Yeah, some of those interviews weren't friendly, but that's really something a politician should be able to handle.

Once a politician is seen as weak or "not too bright", they will be challenged by those in their party who are. Simple truth. In time, Palin's lack of substance as a candidate was being highlighted by almost everyone, incl. female conservatives with the stature of Peggy Noonan and Kathleen Parker.

As for the "left", they are probably praying that Sarah gets the nomination for 2012.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:41 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,045,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotastic View Post
I think there was a lot more pressure on George Bush from both parties and he never quit...once a quitter, always. She remains the small town girl she always was....not ready to lead the most influential country in the world.
I'm tending to agree with this. Not finishing her term is a surprise to me. Alaska is not the focal point of the media, but it is very important in terms of natural resources and defense. Seems politics these days are more about looking good in the press, and being publicly scrutinized. Maybe here small town values and approach are not ready for prime time. Full disclosure I voted Republican.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:55 AM

2,518 posts, read 5,876,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
I can't help it, speaking circuit, on who's dime...she is going to hire writers right? With all the problems she has had speaking spontaneously...ROFLMAO
You don't go on the speaking tour because you are necessarily a great speaker. You go because you sell tickets.

On the other hand, she might not do that.

It's her decision and I for one don't feel the need to discuss it so I'll give you the last word...or laugh as the case may be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska