U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Do you think Palin will excel now that she has no restraints on her
Yes 51 32.69%
No 94 60.26%
Unsure 11 7.05%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-05-2009, 07:36 PM
 
20,562 posts, read 26,722,924 times
Reputation: 13408

Advertisements

I don't think that what she's blaring about regarding Shannyn Moore is going to come to much; she has no case. I doubt her attorney will stick around once the PAC money's gone.

I admit to feeling something like fear while watching some of her rallies. Her talk about the "real America" rather caused a chill, reminded me of McCarthyism in a way.

Anyway, I hope the governor gets a grip soon, maybe go out to Bristol and help Todd with his set net thing and work off some of that nervous energy. If she does actually have a contract with Squawks News, the demeanor that she showed in her farewell speech ain't gonna fly. She needs Beta blockers or some such.

 
Old 07-05-2009, 10:02 PM
 
Location: Hangin' with the bears.
3,811 posts, read 4,264,808 times
Reputation: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Just the left is going to be uneasy for awhile now.
Why? I think the right has more cause to be uneasy. She's looking more and more like a flake with each media drama in which she willingly participates.
 
Old 07-05-2009, 10:07 PM
 
Location: Silicon Valley, California
1,255 posts, read 1,860,863 times
Reputation: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I don't think that what she's blaring about regarding Shannyn Moore is going to come to much; she has no case. I doubt her attorney will stick around once the PAC money's gone.

I admit to feeling something like fear while watching some of her rallies. Her talk about the "real America" rather caused a chill, reminded me of McCarthyism in a way.
And after declaiming Obama as one who consorts with terrorists, after raising doubts that he is not a "real American" this buffoon of a woman turns around a whines about the "politics of personal destruction."
 
Old 07-05-2009, 10:35 PM
 
Location: Alaska & Florida
1,629 posts, read 4,775,789 times
Reputation: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
And after declaiming Obama as one who consorts with terrorists, after raising doubts that he is not a "real American" this buffoon of a woman turns around a whines about the "politics of personal destruction."
Amen notreesininceland!
 
Old 07-05-2009, 10:43 PM
 
Location: Alaska & Florida
1,629 posts, read 4,775,789 times
Reputation: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
As a private citizen, she can take those that filed bogus claims against her to court for slander, it will be fun to see whom burns on the skillet now. They don't have the funds to protect themselves against slander and she will have a pretty good war chest from backers.

Wouldn't want to be in their shoes for anything!
People sue way to much...you touch a person...IM SUING YOU FOR SEXUAL HARRASEMENT!!!

If she sues anyone over any negative thing said about her...that once again shows her class and meaningless bull___ that comes our of her mouth about morals and small government.

Yes government should be very small....unless it involves restricting fishing in your backyard, slapping lisence fees to even fish, than slapping you in the face with having to buy a King stamp after you just bought a fishing lisence. You can't fish Kings before 3 am, you can't fish after 11 pm or whatever it is now. Small government my a$$. Alaska has so many stupid laws that are taking away so much of the freedom that people love about Alaska. Fishing is just one example...you have so many others. TAM cards, bussers, servers etc not allowed to clean up a glass with liquor. It's making California look like the last frontier lol. What a hypocrite!
 
Old 07-05-2009, 10:49 PM
 
Location: Silicon Valley, California
1,255 posts, read 1,860,863 times
Reputation: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotastic View Post
If she sues anyone over any negative thing said about her...
I half hope Palin goes ahead and sues for that would ensure that any ambitions of national office she may have nursed with be forever toast. I can just imagine the national media salivating at the prospect of a spectacle where a blogger is sued by this hypocrite Palin on flimsy charges.

On the other hand, I want Palin to run. That is the surest way we can keep Mr O in office for a full 8 years so that the barf left behind by the lying fratboy can be cleaned up and our country helped back on the rails.
 
Old 07-05-2009, 11:19 PM
 
Location: Haines, AK
1,121 posts, read 3,974,007 times
Reputation: 668
Default time will tell

Quote from Bluefly:
"she doesn't stand a chance outside of her relatively small social conservative, mostly rural white base. They may pack an auditorium, but they can't pack a ballot box."

You're right. Stuffing ballot boxes has been the specialty of outfits like ACORN for decades, it's not really a Republican thing.

Personally, I think Palins ambition level has exceeded her ability level for some time now. She has also demonstrated that she's way too thin-skinned to play political bloodsports at the national level. Time will tell whether she can correct these two deficincies by 2012, but I think the left is writing her off way before her time on the stage is through.

In the meantime, lets hope this Parnell fellow can get along with the legislature well enough to let state govt. function like it's supposed to and that he'll stick around till the term is finished. It's time to dial the drama down a couple notches and get some work done.

Last edited by rotorhead; 07-05-2009 at 11:20 PM.. Reason: sp
 
Old 07-06-2009, 01:01 AM
 
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
218 posts, read 442,795 times
Reputation: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotastic View Post
Yes government should be very small....unless it involves restricting fishing in your backyard, slapping lisence fees to even fish, than slapping you in the face with having to buy a King stamp after you just bought a fishing lisence. You can't fish Kings before 3 am, you can't fish after 11 pm or whatever it is now. Small government my a$$. Alaska has so many stupid laws that are taking away so much of the freedom that people love about Alaska. Fishing is just one example...you have so many others. TAM cards, bussers, servers etc not allowed to clean up a glass with liquor. It's making California look like the last frontier lol. What a hypocrite!
Wow, lol. I don't know about making California look like the last frontier, but I'm sure they'd love you to move there and join their tax base to support their social agenda, they're losing tax base rapidly. Also these examples you cite have nothing to do with Palin as far as I know. When I was here in 2002 you needed a TAM card, and fishing regulations still took a staff of 50 to read, interpret and present to me before I felt like I knew I wasn't fishing illegally.

All I hear on forums are random citizens attacking a public servant personally without any reasons based in fact:
Quote:
And after declaiming Obama as one who consorts with terrorists, after raising doubts that he is not a "real American" this buffoon of a woman turns around a whines about the "politics of personal destruction."
Obama did consort with Bill Ayers a non-convicted domestic bomber by his own admission. Whether that makes him a terrorist I guess you'd have to decide what your definition is. Under the anti-terrorism rules of today where you can't even raise your voice against a flight attendant or joke about a bomb in your carry-on without being fully prosecuted I'd say Ayers probably fits the definition of a terrorist.

I can't find any reference by anyone on the McCain campaign including Palin suggesting that Obama wasn't a US Citizen. Many others have suggested that though. In fact this came up in a town hall and McCain expressly stated that Obama was a citizen after being asked by a member of the audience if Obama was an Arab: "No, ma'am. He's a decent family man [and] citizen that I just happen to have disagreements with on fundamental issues and that's what this campaign's all about. He's not [an Arab]."

Keep the attacks going, you're only validating the reasons that she withdrew.
 
Old 07-06-2009, 01:14 AM
 
Location: Silicon Valley, California
1,255 posts, read 1,860,863 times
Reputation: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by quakinator View Post
Obama did consort with Bill Ayers a non-convicted domestic bomber by his own admission. Whether that makes him a terrorist I guess you'd have to decide what your definition is. Under the anti-terrorism rules of today where you can't even raise your voice against a flight attendant or joke about a bomb in your carry-on without being fully prosecuted I'd say Ayers probably fits the definition of a terrorist.
Too bad for you then that the majority of the country decided that Obama was fit to be President of the United States. I guess you will simply have to learn to live with it now.
 
Old 07-06-2009, 01:23 AM
 
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
218 posts, read 442,795 times
Reputation: 134
Nowhere in there did I ever say that due to his association with Ayers that I felt he was unfit to be President, too bad for you, you tried to get me!!!! I can play childish games too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top