U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Palin will excel now that she has no restraints on her
Yes 51 32.69%
No 94 60.26%
Unsure 11 7.05%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 01:01 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,024,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
After bashing Palin for the last bunch of months since the election in an attempt to marginalize her, she has taken off the gloves.

As the Governor, she is a prime target for the loony left and they know there wasn't much she could do about it. They filed some 14 odd ethics complaints that were all baseless and thrown out at a great cost to both Palin and the State of Alaska (that is all of those that live here).

By leaving the Governor's office, she can begin to fight back without the hindrances of being attached to political office as most of her detractors aren't either.

She can now raise funds without the stings of the regulations for those in office, and she can say what is on her mind... And I would bet donuts to dollars that she is going to be one hot ticket on the Talk circit!

During the Campaign, it was her against Obama... which was kind of neat since the left can't tell the difference between her drawing power and Biden's... She drew ten's of thousands at the rallies and he drew hundreds, not bad for the second place seat.

Had the "Loony Left" just let her come back to Alaska and kept their mouths shut, she would have faded into the background, but because she is their "Waterloo", they couldn't keep quiet and now she can do what she wants and there isn't much to stop her.

She can now attend the national events and give speeches without being accused of not doing her job, which she did anyway, even on the road, just like Obama does... except he spends a lot more time on the road selling out America which isn't quite the same thing...

Payback is such a great thing!!!
It must be pretty cold in Alaska. Clueless conservatives made the mistake of selecting this airhead. Now she's under the delusion that she's relevant. She will be venturing into the lower 48 to address the uneducated, rural, and the racially intolerant yahoos to talk about how the conservative ideology that ruined the last 8 years has suddenly gotten better since January. Her itinerary starts with the following places:

Podunk, Arkansas
Backwoods, West Virginia
Boondocks, Mississippi
Trailer Park, Oklahoma
Sticks, Idaho
Bigot City, Indiana
Clueless, Texas
Tumbleweed, Arizona
Orange County, California
Klan Worship, South Carolina
Shoot Road Signs, Alabama

Sounds like she has a plan.
The most enlightened people in this country voted for Barack Obama and he easily will be there two terms. Meanwhile, Palin can continue her sour grapes campaign. She's a joke....and we're laughing AT her.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:09 AM

218 posts, read 441,443 times
Very powerful post! Full of "enlightening" insight. Thanks!

Old 07-06-2009, 01:41 AM

4,986 posts, read 8,286,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
The most enlightened people in this country voted for Barack Obama and he easily will be there two terms.
How does spending money that doesn't exist make one "enlightened"? If I were to attempt that they would call me a crook.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:46 AM

4,986 posts, read 8,286,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
I half hope Palin goes ahead and sues for that would ensure that any ambitions of national office she may have nursed with be forever toast. I can just imagine the national media salivating at the prospect of a spectacle where a blogger is sued by this hypocrite Palin on flimsy charges..
Maybe we will soon see the Palin Basij plying the countryside on motorcycles beating "dissenting" bloggers with clubs and bats!

Old 07-06-2009, 02:31 AM

843 posts, read 1,105,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorhead View Post
Quote from Bluefly:
"she doesn't stand a chance outside of her relatively small social conservative, mostly rural white base. They may pack an auditorium, but they can't pack a ballot box."

You're right. Stuffing ballot boxes has been the specialty of outfits like ACORN for decades, it's not really a Republican thing.

About the stuffing ballot boxes...you are aware that there has NEVER been an substantiated evidence of this. The State Senator of GA once went on a hunt to find such claims, grilling people pretty hard, and he found no evidence.

On the other hand, there was recently a book put out by a Republican Strategist from the Reagan and Bush I administrations who was jailed for carrying out orders to restrict/intimidate voters from prescribed 'liberal leaning' groups...most of them impoverished.

My take: Palin is definitely a rally point for about 50% of core republican voters. Thats a good for the Party. The Bad: Her behavior, personality and actions are unnerving to the other 50% (the fiscalist), and alarmingly frightening to the Moderates. Obviously the left wing does not like her to begin with.

As the last 2 elections have shown, the Republicans cannot win elections by just republicans alone. They need the moderates support, or at least a few conservative democrats. Palin was a big turnoff for those groups.

Personally, I think the election would have been a lot closer had McCain chosen Pawlenty as a running mate. Palin was choose as a 'shotgun play' to sway over angered hillary voters. That backfired bigtime.

Would McCain have won...well, I cant say that for sure.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:30 AM

1,629 posts, read 4,761,474 times

Old 07-06-2009, 04:01 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,024,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
How does spending money that doesn't exist make one "enlightened"? If I were to attempt that they would call me a crook.
Are you saying that dropping a trillion dollars to wage a war against clouds was good use of money? That's what the village idiot did over in Iraq and Afghanistan. He thought he could fight an ideology with military might and LOST. Talk about spending...He ignored the domestic agenda in the process for 8 years. What a fool. Shame on the people who voted for him. Pretty sorry political instincts indeed.

Message to conservatives? Stand aside. You have no answers.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:46 AM

5,963 posts, read 10,496,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
It must be pretty cold in Alaska. Clueless conservatives made the mistake of selecting this airhead. Now she's under the delusion that she's relevant. She will be venturing into the lower 48 to address the uneducated, rural, and the racially intolerant yahoos to talk about how the conservative ideology that ruined the last 8 years has suddenly gotten better since January. Her itinerary starts with the following places:

Podunk, Arkansas
Backwoods, West Virginia
Boondocks, Mississippi
Trailer Park, Oklahoma
Sticks, Idaho
Bigot City, Indiana
Clueless, Texas
Tumbleweed, Arizona
Orange County, California
Klan Worship, South Carolina
Shoot Road Signs, Alabama

Sounds like she has a plan.
The most enlightened people in this country voted for Barack Obama and he easily will be there two terms. Meanwhile, Palin can continue her sour grapes campaign. She's a joke....and we're laughing AT her.

I note that you don't list the State that you are in. Is there a reason for that?

The most enlightened people in this country voted for Barack Obama

LMAO....yes, we can tell.

Last edited by Alaskapat528; 07-06-2009 at 04:47 AM.. Reason: add

Old 07-06-2009, 05:12 AM

5,963 posts, read 10,496,834 times
Is this what the O supporters really want? It appears that they do want to tell others how and what to think. Hmmmm, makes me think of that "when they came for me there was no-one to speak up." But then again this is not surprising.

NWV News - Jim Kouri -- Attorney General to Classify Pro-Life, Pro-Gun, Americans as Terrorists

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill...?bill=h111-645

Last edited by Alaskapat528; 07-06-2009 at 05:23 AM.. Reason: add

Old 07-06-2009, 06:35 AM

8,649 posts, read 14,875,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Why do you insult people who adhere to a different philosophy than you? Without the tension between the left and right, our country would have collapsed generations ago. In fact, it never would have been created. When one goes overboard with too much power (as liberals did in the 70s and conservatives did in the 2000s), the other balances things out and keeps the ship moving.

Why do you not post this in the "politics and controversies" section, where extensive discussion on this subject has already happened?

I think the backlash against Palin from across the political spectrum has more to do with her demonstrated lack of capacity for the international stage than any conspiracy of what you label the "Loony Left".
"Why do you insult people who adhere to a different philosophy than you?"

Do you mean something like:

Right Wing Nut Job
Trailer Trash
Hill Billy
Uneducated Right Wingers
Right Wing Racist
Communistic Fascist
This woman is not fit for power.
^^^Yours

Just a few from your side posted here on the CD forum..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska