Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Palin will excel now that she has no restraints on her
Yes 51 32.69%
No 94 60.26%
Unsure 11 7.05%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 11:14 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,842,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Why do you want to make this about me?You know nothing about me.That would give me a logical conclusion that you probably know little about policies of state.Your statements reflect how poorly you would involve yourself on such matters without any knowledge of the subject at hand.In warfare that can be deadly.To misread or be uninformed about your opponent and make irrational or reckless moves with little thought or respect, rather than informing yourself of the situation before hand.Giving a logical well thought out reply would have impressed me more.One line smart-alex comments and insults are a very telling way of what you are about.I'm not about to start some sort of diatribe with you.People who cannot debate resort to insults and violence because they cannot think beyond their emotions.
Obama.He's our president all ready.Yogi Bear could have known more than Sarah Palin.Keep blaming everyone else.Better yet tell me what matters of state questions did he not know?Its one thing to give a less than perfect answer to a question.It another to avoid answering real questions altogether.I get why some people do not like Obama.His doctrine is not what some in this country find good for the country.In those regards ,its only a matter of perspective of whats important to the individual.That you just have to respect people for being the individual they are even though you do not agree.

Sorry ,but you cannot upset me.I have a better opinion of myself than what you or anybody else can have.Maybe its your feelings of inferiority that cause you to lash out.Not saying it is,but you should probably do some soul searching and find out why.Anyway sounds like your problem not mine.Just trying to help.I wish you well.
This and back to your previous post about holding them accountable...unfortunately, we have to wait until the next election...but we just have to sit and wait (does that make us lame ducks?).., but you are very right as to your posts about our soon-to-be former gov...she made a laughing stock out of Alaska with the general concenus last fall, now she is doing it again...I guess her beloved Alaska doesn't fall in the top 2...I said ten before, but doubt she can remember those....so hoping Parnell can pick up the slack since last fall...

Last edited by Grannysroost; 07-09-2009 at 12:01 AM..

Old 07-08-2009, 11:20 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
I wonder if he'll build that dang bridge? Not only would it create much needed jobs...it would stem a bunch of the traffic flow to and from the valley. It's a win win situation.
And then the gas line. Not only would it create much needed jobs...it could provide gas to many places in the interior that can't afford the high cost of fuel oil etc. Like whats the friggin hold up people...let's get some stuff done around here.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:21 PM

1,629 posts, read 5,381,173 times
Quote:
Giving a logical well thought out reply would have impressed me more.One line smart-alex comments and insults are a very telling way of what you are about.I'm not about to start some sort of diatribe with you.People who cannot debate resort to insults and violence because they cannot think beyond their emotions.

Better yet tell me what matters of state questions did he not know?Its one thing to give a less than perfect answer to a question.It another to avoid answering real questions altogether.
I enjoy speaking/debating people with different views. I have in the past changed positions. I was a Republican for awhile...speaking with people in Australia and some Democrats here, opened my eyes to certain issues. However, some people it's impossible to have a constructive discussion on such issues. As you mentioned, the member didn't show questions Obama couldn't answer, he simply insulted you. People like this can never be changed and will never change anyone else. The GOP has this problem...they have a tight knit group, but they push people on the edge and people on the left away from any chance of "converting."

Old 07-08-2009, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotastic View Post
I enjoy speaking/debating people with different views. I have in the past changed positions. I was a Republican for awhile...speaking with people in Australia and some Democrats here, opened my eyes to certain issues. However, some people it's impossible to have a constructive discussion on such issues. As you mentioned, the member didn't show questions Obama couldn't answer, he simply insulted you. People like this can never be changed and will never change anyone else. The GOP has this problem...they have a tight knit group, but they push people on the edge and people on the left away from any chance of "converting."
Jono...I have been Democrat, then republican, then indepent...flop, flop..I go with who I will back. Unfortunately, this thread is not about Obama, but Palin...and took another path, (I know that well, I admit I am guilty), GOP, conservatives, depending on from where you are from have different viewpoints...there have been quite a few on these threads about Palin quitting, that have converted...I do think she just pushed a lot over the edge...bad for her, but hopefully good for our state

Old 07-08-2009, 11:37 PM

1,629 posts, read 5,381,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Jono...I have been Democrat, then republican, then indepent...flop, flop..I go with who I will back. Unfortunately, this thread is not about Obama, but Palin...and took another path, (I know that well, I admit I am guilty), GOP, conservatives, depending on from where you are from have different viewpoints...there have been quite a few on these threads about Palin quitting, that have converted...I do think she just pushed a lot over the edge...bad for her, but hopefully good for our state
I think it will be good for our state now that we have a gov whose main focus isn't Washington

Old 07-08-2009, 11:48 PM

218 posts, read 518,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
And if they don't talk...shove em down their throats and let em choke on them. Nut boarding I think it's called.
If half the people in this country had the balls God gave a boar hog...we wouldn't get our arse handed to us so much.
So freaking hilarious, I swear this board should allow me to distribute twice the rep to you and moose, I just can't spread it around fast enough!

Old 07-08-2009, 11:50 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,560,763 times
Quote:
Was going to post his 57 states video, but this is even better...

YouTube - Alex Jones Tv:Obama Breaks Promise Not to Raise Taxes on Middle Class

Oh what the heck, here is the fifty seven states from a gut that taught constitutional law for ten years....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrsBKGpwi58

Last edited by starlite9; 07-09-2009 at 12:02 AM..

Old 07-08-2009, 11:59 PM

Quote:
I think it will be good for our state now that we have a gov whose main focus isn't Washington
I think you are right, hoping you are for all of us, way better then the sensationalizim that we have been bestowed no matter what All she had been able to do was flip-flop forgetting what story she told whom, taking the federal bailout, not taking the bailout, maybe on this point, but rejecting on this one...sorry guys I'm leaving a jet plane to give a speech in the -48...3 days before the session ends, Oh well sees ya'll later 'I'll be back'...

Old 07-09-2009, 12:37 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,786,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Was going to post his 57 states video, but this is even better...

YouTube - Alex Jones Tv:Obama Breaks Promise Not to Raise Taxes on Middle Class

Oh what the heck, here is the fifty seven states from a gut that taught constitutional law for ten years....

YouTube - Obama 57 States
So what do you want me to say?What is this about?LOL!!You had to search all over the internet to find something that had Obama doing something that unforturnately most politicians do?This is too easy!!I don't blame any politicians ,Republican or Democrat for lying about certain things.Truth is you cannot tell the truth when you are running for the highest office.Anybody that believed everything Obama said, is as gullible as Palin supporters. Some of it is lying some of it is just not knowing until you are actually in office and you have everything in front of you.Then can you make REAL informed decisions.Thats why its so important to vote for someone who can at least give an informed answers on the subject.
You think this is acceptable?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9go38...eature=channel

Notice how she looks and walks away as she tries to change the subject by talking about Alaska.What?The question was where and how do you get your information regarding the issues of international politics.Could she not mention ONE source.Sorry,but thats not thinking on your feet.She is very ordinary.Her background even gives that impression.This is not about Obama no matter how much you wanna change the subject.Just goes to show that you cannot defend what is undefenseable.It still does not change the fact that she is not a leader who has shown the ability to think on her feet or come up with fresh ideas on her own.This is not about left and right."Its elementary my dear".She's a disaster.Mark my words,this is not the end of why she resigned.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:46 AM

Quote:
So what do you want me to say?What is this about?LOL!!You had to search all over the internet to find something that had Obama doing something that unforturnately most politicians do?This is too easy!!I don't blame any politicians ,Republican or Democrat for lying about certain things.Truth is you cannot tell the truth when you are running for the highest office.Anybody that believed everything Obama said, is as gullible as Palin supporters. Some of it is lying some of it is just not knowing until you are actually in office and you have everything in front of you.Then can you make REAL informed decisions.Thats why its so important to vote for someone who can at least give an informed answers on the subject.
You think this is acceptable?

YouTube - Palin: I Read All the News

Notice how she looks and walks away as she tries to change the subject by talking about Alaska.What?The question was where and how do you get your information regarding the issues of international politics.Could she not mention ONE source.Sorry,but thats not thinking on your feet.She is very ordinary.Her background even gives that impression.This is not about Obama no matter how much you wanna change the subject.Just goes to show that you cannot defend what is undefenseable.It still does not change the fact that she is not a leader who has shown the ability to think on her feet or come up with fresh ideas on her own.This is not about left and right."Its elementary my dear".She's a disaster.Mark my words,this is not the end of why she resigned.
I am offended by that ()and she is not ordinary at all, she back-tracked from ordinary last fall, she may be challenged and that is giving the benefit of the doubt, maybe bipolar..manic, then hides for 3 days, back out...Cymbalta maybe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska