Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Palin will excel now that she has no restraints on her
Yes 51 32.69%
No 94 60.26%
Unsure 11 7.05%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 12:45 AM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
Because everything else aside, she has been our gov, and we have endured this 'phenomena' with her for almost a year now... Now we don't have to do this on a state level anymore...she has dumped us twice and I don't think Alaskans allow three strikes...

There are a lot of loonies in this picture, and I think she is one of them, but like said above we deal with it...or have had to...

These 'little' ethics things, she brought on herself..., yes it costs us money, but she never thought about the state she loved before she acted or opened her mouth...nor has she given a rip how Alaska looked to the rest of the world when she did acted innocently or opened her mouth.

She has proven she has no moral scruples no matter what comes from her Bible-bangin' family values mouth..., she loves Alaska, yeah right as long as Alaska is in her top 10 at the moment...Now saying that her camera-seeking, me-Sarah personna does not effect Alaska in the long run is a mistruth...she has taken advantage of the residents and voters of this state, and as I said, she has shown her true colors now twice...if a better opportunity comes up, she goes for it...you betcha, doncha know...
The truth is that the ethics complains were created not only by a group of her political opponents, but ones who for some reason don't like her. That has nothing to do with her being in front of the camera. Politics are dirty.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:48 AM

1,629 posts, read 5,381,173 times
Trust me...

Quitting after you were voted into position is a smack in the face and an embarrassment to Alaska.

When you run for a position, you can't simply quit because you feel like you are useless. You have an obligation to serve the people who voted for you until your term is over. It shows her true colors, all she cares about is herself. She has her multi-million dollar book deal etc, she doesn't need the headaches caused from being the governor. She is a loser and an EMBARRASSMENT to this state.

This move has only made people on the edge of voting for her, think twice...maybe if she became president she will change her mind when times get tough and when criticism falls on herself and family even more so than now.

What a loser, I'm sorry, but I lost all respect for her. I never liked her politically, but thought she'd be a fun person to hang out with, but this just sets an all time low.

Shame on her!

Old 07-05-2009, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
Palin quit before her term was over. She will now be known as a quitter, can't finish the job.

I thought she was a good Gov. before she went national. Now it seems that is all she thinks about, and if things don't go her way, she pulls the "you're picking on me and my family" bull.
In reality the left has put tremendous pressure on Palin like I have never seen. It has been non-stop, and quite mean at times. None of us really knows the answer for her reasons to step down, so we are pretty much speculating.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
In reality the left has put tremendous pressure on Palin like I have never seen. It has been non-stop, and quite mean at times. None of us really knows the answer for her reasons to step down, so we are pretty much speculating.
I think there was a lot more pressure on George Bush from both parties and he never quit...once a quitter, always. She remains the small town girl she always was....not ready to lead the most influential country in the world.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotastic View Post
Trust me...

Quitting after you were voted into position is a smack in the face and an embarrassment to Alaska.

When you run for a position, you can't simply quit because you feel like you are useless. You have an obligation to serve the people who voted for you until your term is over. It shows her true colors, all she cares about is herself. She has her multi-million dollar book deal etc, she doesn't need the headaches caused from being the governor. She is a loser and an EMBARRASSMENT to this state.

This move has only made people on the edge of voting for her, think twice...maybe if she became president she will change her mind when times get tough and when criticism falls on herself and family even more so than now.

What a loser, I'm sorry, but I lost all respect for her. I never liked her politically, but thought she'd be a fun person to hang out with, but this just sets an all time low.

Shame on her!
Politicians, governors, etc. often step down. The ethics complains, baseless or not, have cost the State of Alaska over $300,000 just on investigations, and her personal legal fees somewhere around $500,000. The ethics complains won't stop unless she steps down, so maybe that's a way for her to end the accusations. Perhaps she can now counter-suit and make them pay her legal fees? I am not a lawyer, so I don't really know.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:59 AM

They often step down after having an affair or scandal and do not seek or expect to be elected into a higher position in the future. I don't want to speculate on the reasons she is stepping down. The fact is...she is not completing her duty to serve her term.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:01 AM

Quote:
I think there was a lot more pressure on George Bush from both parties and he never quit...once a quitter, always. She remains the small town girl she always was....not ready to lead the most influential country in the world.
Political pressure? Yes. But the pressure they have put on Palin also affects the State of Alaska. Every ethics complain, frivolous or not, has to be investigated by the ethics board, and there is no end in sight. There is no way she can afford defending herself in court making around $125K a year. As a State official, she can't just countersuit and make the ethics accusers pay for her lawyers, nor can the State of Alaska pay for her defense since the ethics complains aren't against the State, but against her. It has turned into a vicious and expensive cycle.

If she could only be the UAA President, she would be making nearly three times as much

Old 07-05-2009, 01:03 AM

Quote:
They often step down after having an affair or scandal and do not seek or expect to be elected into a higher position in the future. I don't want to speculate on the reasons she is stepping down. The fact is...she is not completing her duty to serve her term.
We have had previous governors stepping down. I am certain that one of these days we will know the reasons why she stepped down, instead of the spinning our assumptions.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Political pressure? Yes. But the pressure they have put on Palin also affects the State of Alaska. Every ethics complain, frivolous or not, has to be investigated by the ethics board, and there is no end in sight. There is no way she can afford defending herself in court making around $125K a year. As a State official, she can't just countersuit and make the ethics accusers pay for her lawyers, nor can the State of Alaska pay for her defense since the ethics complains aren't against the State, but against her. It has turned into a vicious and expensive cycle.

The book deal she signed is around $10 MILLION dollars...+ all the interviews, tv appearences etc...money isn't an issue for her.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:09 AM

Quote:
The book deal she signed is around $10 MILLION dollars...+ all the interviews, tv appearences etc...money isn't an issue for her.
I wasn't aware that she already got the $10-mil for the book. Things like that usually take a little time to arrange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska