Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 12:31 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times

Advertisements

Oh please. No one has been more "picked apart by vultures" than the last President of the United States. He didn't respond with hysterics, flounding off the job, or picking fights with bloggers.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:49 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,433,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Oh please. No one has been more "picked apart by vultures" than the last President of the United States. He didn't respond with hysterics, flounding off the job, or picking fights with bloggers.
Well yes, he was picked apart by the same vultures that do it to Palin. He obviously figured they weren't worth his time and energy.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Well yes, he was picked apart by the same vultures that do it to Palin. He obviously figured they weren't worth his time and energy.
Yes, he probably felt that he had more important concerns and better things to do than running around trying to garner sympathy by acting like a petulant crybaby. I think that Sean Parnell, if he is actually being circled by the vultures that a couple of you speak of (and I haven't seen any yet), will have the professionalism to carry on the business of the state.

Concerning the future gov., I believe he has a good record on domestic abuse issues and favors tougher penalties for child molesters/abusers et al. That should be of interest to some here.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Yes, he probably felt that he had more important concerns and better things to do than running around trying to garner sympathy by acting like a petulant crybaby. I think that Sean Parnell, if he is actually being circled by the vultures that a couple of you speak of (and I haven't seen any yet), will have the professionalism to carry on the business of the state.

Concerning the future gov., I believe he has a good record on domestic abuse issues and favors tougher penalties for child molesters/abusers et al. That should be of interest to some here.

You are praising the very man that the Dems have blamed for everything and used to their advantage.

I do hope Parnell does a good job but because he is a Republican, sooner or later he will be picked apart also. No one has said Parnell has been picked apart, it was said, give them time. Read Rance's post and then my reply.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:18 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,269,131 times
Oooh those evil libruls tearing apart you cuddly fluffy Republican puppies.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:25 PM

Well at LEAST she didn't bankrupt the State of Alaska and hand out IOU's to State workers. Shouldn't you be at Michael Jackson's memorial....right up your alley.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:28 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,269,131 times
Quote:
Well at LEAST she didn't bankrupt the State of Alaska and hand out IOU's to State workers. Shouldn't you be at Michael Jackson's memorial....right up your alley.
We in CA are hi-tech doodes. I can be anyplace and still keep an eye on Alaskans.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
We in CA are hi-tech doodes. I can be anyplace and still keep an eye on Alaskans.
Ever heard of getting your own life??

Old 07-07-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
You are praising the very man that the Dems have blamed for everything and used to their advantage.

I do hope Parnell does a good job but because he is a Republican, sooner or later he will be picked apart also. No one has said Parnell has been picked apart, it was said, give them time. Read Rance's post and then my reply.
Not exactly praising; merely making an observation and giving credit where credit is due.

Both Rance's post and your reply lead me to believe only that any possible future criticisms of Mr. Parnell are going to be met with the same type of knee jerk responses that your posts are. Oh, and that you'll fallen for the poor little me ruse that the governor is trying to pull. Oh, and that you don't understand the complexities of politics enough to even get that the majority of Palin's detractors are members of the Republican party.

Mr. Parnell doesn't appear to be a camera chaser, an agitator, or a vindictive lying hysterical mess. Should he show signs of becoming that, I'm sure that he'll inspire some dissatisfaction among his constituents. Unlike the soon to be former governor, however, his track record in no way indicates that he is even slightly veering in that particular direction.

I will say now though that I do hope that a couple of bloggers in particular will give him a chance

Old 07-07-2009, 04:38 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,542,136 times
Quote:
He didn't have any benefit from doing it. Our stbx gov has more to gain by keeping her name in the spotlight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: