Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 10:28 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,269,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
Boy, someone makes a good argument and another blows it off saying look up my proof yourself. Gee, I'm wondering who I'm going to believe has more credibility? Not!
Simply asserting something is no "argument."

Old 07-08-2009, 10:31 AM

4,989 posts, read 10,022,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Utter bullcrap. I could point you to the right material on Keynesian deficit spending but you can do that yourself (hint: Google). Paul Krugman has written some lucid essays on the topic.
As I stated in another post, I don't care about talk, I'm interested in results. Krugman is the chief econo-babbler on the subject. If he was right then we should be enjoying one of the greatest economic expansions of all time due to all of this "stimulus" that's flying around. We enetered this recession/depression at a level of debt already beyond critical mass, piling on more no longer has a stimulative effect.

Last edited by Moose Whisperer; 07-08-2009 at 10:43 AM..

Old 07-08-2009, 10:41 AM

5,356 posts, read 18,544,358 times
Quote:
Simply asserting something is no "argument."
Telling everyone to look up your proof isn't an "argument" either.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
As I stated in another post, I don't care about talk, I'm interested in results. Krugman is the chief econo-babbler on the subject. If he was right then we should be enjoying one of the greatest economic expansions of all time due to all of this "stimulus" that's flying around.
It is obvious that you don't understand economics. It ain't an on-off digital switch. The stimulus takes time to kick in. If you had cared to read the position paper by Christina Romer who heads the Council of Economic Advisors to the President, the calibration of recovery is detailed in there. At the time Krugman had said that the stimulus fell short of what was actually needed. He is once again being proven right.

Bottomline: believe what you want to believe. I am relieved that we now have President Obama instead of the lying fratboy (the male Palin) in the White House. Whether he can steer us out of this hole remains to be seen.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
Telling everyone to look up your proof isn't an "argument" either.
But I didn't claim I had made an "argument." You must be seeing mirages.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:55 AM

5,356 posts, read 18,544,358 times
Quote:
But I didn't claim I had made an "argument." You must be seeing mirages.
Exactly!

Old 07-08-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Whether he can steer us out of this hole remains to be seen.
Why are you even making such a statement? If all of Obama's witch-doctor economists are correct, then our return to prosperity is already preordained and such a qualifying statement is unnecessary. No, I think it belies the fact that even you have doubts as well. The main difference between us is that you are unsure if Obama's plan will succeed or not. I am already sure it won't.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
No, I think it belies the fact that even you have doubts as well.
In science we only have degrees of probability; we are NEVER certain. Certitude is for believers. Furthermore, economics is not a hard science, which means the degree of uncertainty is much more (than science).

I guess one good thing about the wingnuts is their certitude about things. It is a nice and simple private world they inhabit.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:42 AM

2,519 posts, read 7,033,517 times
Quote:
In science we only have degrees of probability; we are NEVER certain. Certitude is for believers. Furthermore, economics is not a hard science, which means the degree of uncertainty is much more (than science).

I guess one good thing about the wingnuts is their certitude about things. It is a nice and simple private world they inhabit.
I get a kick out of calling economics a science at all. I have a few undergraduate classes in economics...actually I guess I don't have the classes. I have the credits for the classes because I took the clep tests and passed them.

Anyway, I would like to point out that the Federal Banking system is run by economists... nuff said.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
it is obvious that you don't understand economics.
lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: