U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 02:29 AM

860 posts, read 1,714,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I cannot say I am surprised. I just hope the Troopers and USCG are able to bill them for the cost of their "rescue." That is going to be one very expensive sunburn.

I suppose it could have been worse. One of them might have gotten a hang-nail.

This should be a lesson to all those metrosexual lower-48ers, Alaska is not your cup of tea. Stay home and get a subscription to Alaska Magazine or National Geographic instead of making a laughing stock of yourself.
VERY well said! These "survivor man" wannabes definitely should be billed for the cost of their so-called rescue. That was disgusting, shameful and I hope they were immediately "blue ticketed" outta here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 02:33 AM

860 posts, read 1,714,401 times
My face hurts!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-10-2009, 02:30 PM

164 posts, read 277,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I think we need one of those special "short buses" just for the lower-48ers.
Hey now.. play nice.. were not all.. hmmm..."special"...is that the word I want to use?

But if the pot is that good up there then I might have to pick up the habit when I get there...

Old 07-10-2009, 02:36 PM

6,308 posts, read 4,212,466 times
Oh my God! ROTFLMAO!! Tears baby tears.. just imagine what would have happened if a bear would have wondered on by..

I can see it now "State Troopers reported finding the individuals with brown undies and crying like children. They were taking to the local nut farm for observation!"

Is this really the Lone Traveler? The one that posts here?

That was the shortest and most expensive vacation in Alaskan history
BWA HA HA HA HA HA BWA HA HA HA HA HA

All that aside that HAD to be embarrassing..

Old 07-10-2009, 08:07 PM

294 posts, read 641,828 times
I just want to know if it was 24 hours in a row!

Old 07-10-2009, 09:23 PM

6,969 posts, read 11,774,315 times
The shortest trip I ever saw anyone make to Alaska was the fellow from Texas who was going to be a police officer with us in Barrow. I was sent to the airport to meet him. Easy to pick him out. Cowboy hat and cowboy boots. You could see the horror in his face as his head looked like a boobing doll. Those eyes constantly trying to take it all in.

Back then when they unloaded baggage off of the planes they drove a front end loader out on the ramp. They pulled it up close to the cargo doors on the plane and just unloaded the bags straight into it. Then they drove it back over to the terminal building and opened up an overhead door. The loader then gently dumped the bags on the floor. You looked through them until you found your own.

After he saw that he said something about needing to check with the airlines about his return ticket. That was it. He lasted about 20 minutes. MarkAir was able to get him booked back on the same plane going back to Anchorage.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:56 PM

20,571 posts, read 26,730,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
The shortest trip I ever saw anyone make to Alaska was the fellow from Texas who was going to be a police officer with us in Barrow. I was sent to the airport to meet him. Easy to pick him out. Cowboy hat and cowboy boots. You could see the horror in his face as his head looked like a boobing doll. Those eyes constantly trying to take it all in.

Back then when they unloaded baggage off of the planes they drove a front end loader out on the ramp. They pulled it up close to the cargo doors on the plane and just unloaded the bags straight into it. Then they drove it back over to the terminal building and opened up an overhead door. The loader then gently dumped the bags on the floor. You looked through them until you found your own.

After he saw that he said something about needing to check with the airlines about his return ticket. That was it. He lasted about 20 minutes. MarkAir was able to get him booked back on the same plane going back to Anchorage.
At least he got off the plane. Years ago, a teacher came here who wouldn't even do that much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska