Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 09:03 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,826,734 times

Advertisements

I worked with a man that was well over 6 foot tall and weighed nearly 300 lbs. He was burning trash one night at work and was charged by a brown bear. When we saw him he was waddling back to camp (I mean waddleing like a duck) He had crapped his pants. The sight of an animal the size of a volkswagen bug, taking 20 foot leaps at you, has this way of making you realize just how puny you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2007, 11:36 AM

115 posts, read 664,444 times
http://home.gci.net/~nsdjoubert/Smileys/roflbig.gif (broken link)

Old 04-28-2007, 05:25 PM

222 posts, read 1,045,673 times
So that answers the question: Not only do bears SHlT in the woods, men being charged by bears SHlT in the woods and their pants also.

I bet if you put a 50 cal slug into a grizzley it would SHlT on the spot too. LOL!!!

Old 04-28-2007, 06:57 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,826,734 times
If you could get a slug into a charging bear. Sure one standing still you could take down. But a running moving bear coming straight at you presents a smaller target, plus trees etc. I'm tellin ya. Your gonna want some spread!

Old 04-28-2007, 10:22 PM

222 posts, read 1,045,673 times
So what's the spread? I'll take the Bears at -7.

You got to remember I live in Las Vegas and the spread has a whole different meaning down here.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:29 AM

1 posts, read 2,395 times
Well, I'm along the lines of Leto regarding Anchorage. I live here, born and raised, and I'm a teenager. First off, I smoke pot. A majority of my friends smoke pot. Don't get me wrong, I'm a good kid. I'm on the east end of town and I tend to stay away from shady Muldoon and even shadier Mountain View. Muldoon was pretty nice, but it's really gone downhill as of late. South Anchorage has the fake kids with their parent's money, and the East/North side of town are pretty ghetto. Downtown is good as long as you aren't in the Transit Center or Town Square isn't horded by 50 kids skipping school. After dark the homeless people are most likely drunk and there's a chance of being harassed/bothered/incoherently yelled at. A lot of the people I went to middle school with either went on to get drunk, do drugs, or just to be really stupid. I left my high school and am graduating early. Wasn't feeling the sketchy people, or the ever-ignorant Anchorage School District. Overall, Anchorage would be a better city if the people would just be a little better. After I graduate I'm either moving to the Mat-Su area or clear leaving the state.

This city is awesome for children, pretty bad for teenagers. There's just way too much to be exposed to: Creepers, alcohol, hard drugs, violence, pretty much like everywhere else, but it seems like with so little people it's a lot more concentrated or something. Not my job.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:56 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,954,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomiiiic View Post
I'm on the east end of town and I tend to stay away from shady Muldoon and even shadier Mountain View. Muldoon was pretty nice, but it's really gone downhill as of late..
Really? I spent a few weeks in Muldoon in the evenings and it didn't seem like an unsafe place to me.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:01 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomiiiic View Post
Well, I'm along the lines of Leto regarding Anchorage. I live here, born and raised, and I'm a teenager. First off, I smoke pot. A majority of my friends smoke pot. Don't get me wrong, I'm a good kid. I'm on the east end of town and I tend to stay away from shady Muldoon and even shadier Mountain View. Muldoon was pretty nice, but it's really gone downhill as of late. South Anchorage has the fake kids with their parent's money, and the East/North side of town are pretty ghetto. Downtown is good as long as you aren't in the Transit Center or Town Square isn't horded by 50 kids skipping school. After dark the homeless people are most likely drunk and there's a chance of being harassed/bothered/incoherently yelled at. A lot of the people I went to middle school with either went on to get drunk, do drugs, or just to be really stupid. I left my high school and am graduating early. Wasn't feeling the sketchy people, or the ever-ignorant Anchorage School District. Overall, Anchorage would be a better city if the people would just be a little better. After I graduate I'm either moving to the Mat-Su area or clear leaving the state.

This city is awesome for children, pretty bad for teenagers. There's just way too much to be exposed to: Creepers, alcohol, hard drugs, violence, pretty much like everywhere else, but it seems like with so little people it's a lot more concentrated or something. Not my job.
Why would you respond to a 2.5 year old thread?

Old 10-23-2009, 01:08 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,689,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Why would you respond to a 2.5 year old thread?
time distortion caused by refeer madness

Old 10-23-2009, 05:22 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,736,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
time distortion caused by refeer madness
see what stupid weed does to one who smokes or eats it!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska