Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 06:19 PM

6,992 posts, read 12,641,432 times

Advertisements

what the heck is happening in the ocean??? now I wanna hear from the people who live there and have seen or know some one who has and what the take on this is....

Huge blob of Arctic goo floats past Slope communities: Arctic Alaska | adn.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
what the heck is happening in the ocean??? now I wanna hear from the people who live there and have seen or know some one who has and what the take on this is....

Huge blob of Arctic goo floats past Slope communities: Arctic Alaska | adn.com

more of interest...does anyone know of someone who experienced this...

1. Labyrinth_13 responds: July 16th, 2009 at 9:23 am Does anyone remember the case of a mysterious rain of gelatinous goo that occurred in the town of Oakville in Washington State? Since Washington State is near Alaska, it crossed my mind that there may be some correlation between these two.
    Here is a brief blurb about it from Unsolved Mysteries:
    “In August of 1994, a bizarre sequence of events began to occur in the small town of Oakville, Washington. Gelatinous blobs of biological material began to rain down over an area of over 20 square miles during a storm. It would happen six times in 1994, and continue periodically thereafter. The latest was during the third week of June 1997.
    The fact that this was going on would not generally be known outside of Oakville until an episode of Unsolved Mysteries on Thursday, May 8, 1997, hosted by Robert Stack.
    It came from the skies to wreck havoc on the earth. It sounds like a bad science fiction movie, but for the little town in Washington there was nothing entertaining about the scourge that befell them in 1994. Six times it rained down from above, leaving dozens of local residents ill, and several pets and small animals dead.”
    It all happened in Oakville, Washington, population 665. Here in Oakville, clouds fill the skies daily, bringing rain some 275 days a year. So, when it began pouring on the morning of August 7, 1994, no one was particularly concerned - until they realized it wasn’t raining rain. It was raining tiny blobs of gelatinous goo. It came down in torrents, blanketing 20 square miles, and brought with it something of a plague.
    Maurice Gobeil (local resident): ‘I got sick, my wife got sick, my daughter got sick and everybody that lived here got sick.’
    Beverly Roberts (local resident): ” Everybody in the whole town came down with something like the flu, only it was a really hard flu that lasted from seven weeks to two or three months.”

Old 07-17-2009, 10:47 PM

471 posts, read 1,320,397 times
MMMMMMMMMM, artic goo AAGGGGHHHHH

Old 07-18-2009, 12:32 AM

20,243 posts, read 36,892,302 times
It's supposed to be some kind of algae.

Old 07-18-2009, 01:07 AM

15,893 posts, read 18,208,163 times
It's The Blob III and the movie will probably star Jude Law in the role that Steve McQueen and Kevin Dillon had in the first Blob and the first remake respectively.

Frankly, I find this goo stuff scary. What is hair doing in it? How often does algae fall from the sky and make people sick? Spooky.......

Last edited by Ketabcha; 07-18-2009 at 02:15 AM..

Old 07-18-2009, 11:45 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,789,722 times
This "blob" was genetically created in a petri dish for Sarah Palin to have to deal with as a present from the Democrats. Now that she left on her own accord, they are just kind of like "Oooops". Dont worry, in about three weeks the state will receive about 900 million dollars in taxpayer stimulus money creating jobs to fix it. Unfortunately, the people tasked those jobs wont be doing much more than those on unemployment. I guess we're all doomed.

Last edited by Jason28; 07-18-2009 at 11:56 AM..

Old 07-18-2009, 09:20 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,162,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
more of interest...does anyone know of someone who experienced this...

Labyrinth_13 responds: July 16th, 2009 at 9:23 am Does anyone remember the case of a mysterious rain of gelatinous goo that occurred in the town of Oakville in Washington State?
Be interesting to find out what it is in Alaska...

Yikes I never heard about the Washington goo. And that is dang close to me... an hour or less. Guess because didn't have TV or internet then. I will talk to some people and see what they remember. Have one that just remodeled a multi generation owned house in Oakville. I have talked to people there who do believe the chem trail ideas.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcountrygal View Post
Be interesting to find out what it is in Alaska...

Yikes I never heard about the Washington goo. And that is dang close to me... an hour or less. Guess because didn't have TV or internet then. I will talk to some people and see what they remember. Have one that just remodeled a multi generation owned house in Oakville. I have talked to people there who do believe the chem trail ideas.
from what I can find out...it was kept pretty quiet even locally as not to cause a panic!!

Old 07-19-2009, 09:39 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,647,538 times
Panic? Over Algae? Why?

Old 07-19-2009, 02:43 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,178,778 times
Rance, didn't you ever see the movie, "The Blob"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska