Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 03:29 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,022,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotastic View Post
Desperate & pathetic...nothing more to say...
Don't worry, you'll feel better someday...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 04:18 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,805 times
Hey, it's only money. You can always make more of the stuff.

I make good money but don't plan on dieing a rich man. I want to make it to 90yo with as many stories as possible...good or bad.

I want to rock on that front porch and tell all the wipper-snappers "Did I ever tell you about my wife I imported from Russia? That tramp took me for all I was worth but gollee did she put out"

Old 07-22-2009, 04:56 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,691,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollym313 View Post
Yea...thats what happens when you marry virtually a child. However...I know of cases where those kind of differences work but its usually 29 and 40 not 18 and 29. Maybe the third times the charm or maybe you need to give him helpful hints on learning from his mistakes.
There was a practical reason for him marrying an 18 year old. When we would go on calls around town he'd ask me my opinion on the superficial beauty looks of different women we saw. I'd usually reply that they were all beautiful, which they were, but I'd always point out the need for dental work. My hang up.

So when he told me that he had met "the one" he said I'd be pleased cause she had all her own teeth.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:47 PM

1,437 posts, read 4,803,764 times
you know, all this mail order bride stuff leaves me a bit confused.
why the hell would a 40 or so man marry a 18, 20 or so bride.

obviously someone who has not raised teenagers........

Old 07-22-2009, 05:49 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
you got people on this forum that have met and married women out of the country.
i am going to fall in love and get married someday, just as soon as i can find a really good lawyer.

Old 07-22-2009, 11:39 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,269,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
So when he told me that he had met "the one" he said I'd be pleased cause she had all her own teeth.
And did she dig his succulent flesh?

Old 07-23-2009, 07:42 AM

635 posts, read 1,655,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
There was a practical reason for him marrying an 18 year old. When we would go on calls around town he'd ask me my opinion on the superficial beauty looks of different women we saw. I'd usually reply that they were all beautiful, which they were, but I'd always point out the need for dental work. My hang up.

LOL...too funny. I live in the Midwest (Missouri) so I understand the teeth thing.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:00 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,885,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
What exactly is the matter with American brides that people have to seek out babes from Ukraine?

The "matter" with American brides is the "lack of them". Some Alaska towns and villages have a critical shortage of women...men outnumber women in some of those places (not all, but some)

As to guys who get foreign brides: about half of the ones I know about ended badly. The other half did ok. IE: divorce rate just as high as marrying someone local...you're odds don't improve.

After many years of futile searching in-state, I finally "imported" my American bride from Florida...

Bud

Last edited by BudinAk; 07-23-2009 at 05:08 PM..

Old 07-24-2009, 07:39 AM

635 posts, read 1,655,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
The "matter" with American brides is the "lack of them". Some Alaska towns and villages have a critical shortage of women...men outnumber women in some of those places (not all, but some)

As to guys who get foreign brides: about half of the ones I know about ended badly. The other half did ok. IE: divorce rate just as high as marrying someone local...you're odds don't improve.

After many years of futile searching in-state, I finally "imported" my American bride from Florida...

Bud
Now see I find that incredibly sexy that theres a shortage. I know how men are... So that has got to be rough. Do the men treat/appreciate the women more when they are so hard to find? I think down here (lower 48) men sometimes take advantage of so many women being available that they are less commital and more into "friends w/benefits. Now...I realize there are women like that too but I'm talking from my perspective.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:51 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollym313 View Post
Now see I find that incredibly sexy that theres a shortage. I know how men are... So that has got to be rough. Do the men treat/appreciate the women more when they are so hard to find? I think down here (lower 48) men sometimes take advantage of so many women being available that they are less commital and more into "friends w/benefits. Now...I realize there are women like that too but I'm talking from my perspective.
Come up and see for yourself.

Honestly, it isn't all like "Men in Trees", though I suppose that can be a nice enough fantasy.

Quite a few of the single men in the remote areas that this mainly mythical shortage of women really does apply are dirty and weird. There are of course exceptions but...

a more even ratio makes things more healthy, I think. If someone asked you to dinner, it's because he wants to have dinner with you and not because you're the only single human female around for miles.

Some of the things men will do to get your attention in the more remote areas are quite bizarre, and it's probably best that I don't expound.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 07-24-2009 at 08:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska