Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 06:47 PM

411 posts, read 956,911 times

Advertisements

The Marines have landed, the situation is as follows,,,,,,

Wife and I are here with Claire and Carol. More on the way.

The ladies are taking real good care of Claire, trust me she is in good hands, she is resting and is surrounded by angels.

I've known Ron since Boot Camp, and have been designated as the comm man.

Claire has asked that I keep things short and I will for now, but the stories I could tell you.

In his last letter to Claire he asked that 2 songs be played. And I need a little help since this is his computer. He's a damn Mac and I'm PC.

Could someone set up a link to a Cat Stevens song or two.

1st one is Peace Train.

2nd Longer Boats.

I'm not familiar enough with his gear to do it and I don't want to erase anything on his machine.

Yeah, I know, damn hippie music. It always rattled us when this wonderful bastard would come back from ops and listen to his hippy music. Said there was a message in there. Maybe we'll hear it.

I'll share something with you here. This man never flinched from a tough duty call. Big guy, blond high and tight with a Vikings lust for life. That got him in trouble more than a few times but that same attitude carried him and his team through some real ****storms. Then that damn hippy side would come out when he was around kids and he became nothing but a big teddy bear.

The house will be filling up soon and I've a few tasks to assign. We will take care of Claire as she is one of ours, and see to all the arrangements.

I'll take some time to go over his posts here, I see he had a few, maybe get a grip on what was in his head.

Always thought this one would go out with a ma deuce in his grips.

We've called and left messages for his family, no replies yet.

Thank you for any help in this request.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 06:54 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,662,151 times
Appreciate the up-date. I'll limewire those songs, then send a link you can download them.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:55 PM

26,486 posts, read 36,342,453 times
Here's one from utube...live version:

YouTube - Peace Train by Yusuf Islam (Cat Stevens)

Old 07-27-2009, 06:55 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,169,145 times
I'll have the songs for you in a minute.

I have them both, just need to upload to my webserver.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:01 PM

26,486 posts, read 36,342,453 times
I'm glad she has people there with her.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:01 PM

Here we go...

Peace Train
http://blog.dog-berry.com/media/cat-...eace-train.mp3

Longer Boats
http://blog.dog-berry.com/media/cat-...nger-boats.mp3

Old 07-27-2009, 07:13 PM

411 posts, read 956,911 times
Thank you ladies and gentlemen. Going through his albums here and it seems he was real fan of Cat. Every album and every song ever cut. We'll load up his reel to reel and let it fill the house.

I'm off to get a case or two of Makers Mark, not a drop here, when he drank, that was his choice, used to tell us it was the only thing to get rid of the cordite taste.

more will follow

Old 07-27-2009, 07:20 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,662,151 times
Thanks Neph! You beat me to it!

Old 07-27-2009, 07:23 PM

I'm an old Cat Stevens fan, pretty much knew I would have these.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:10 PM

6,992 posts, read 12,648,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer818 View Post
Thank you ladies and gentlemen. Going through his albums here and it seems he was real fan of Cat. Every album and every song ever cut. We'll load up his reel to reel and let it fill the house.

I'm off to get a case or two of Makers Mark, not a drop here, when he drank, that was his choice, used to tell us it was the only thing to get rid of the cordite taste.

more will follow
thank you so much for taking the time to keep us informed!!! I don't know about the others here but I have cried myself dry and the eyes blood shot for Claire and Ron....You were the lucky ones to have known him personally...some of us only knew him thru here but he still touched hearts and I personally loved his straight forward but quirky advice. Red he loved you as much as he loved life...I am so sorry you have lost your soul mate. The masters had other plans for him much higher then we can understand.
Who ever you are posting...thank you and please keep us in your circle. Please take good care of Claire for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska