Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 01:24 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,431,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPF View Post
Barkingowl... boy, you went on a long road of what ifs... just for the sake of what iffying...
That road doesn't lead anywhere...
Well, hmmmm...let's see.....the same road we're on "now." Oh and I "must add"......but, deeper and deeper and deeper in debt for the Country.

Last edited by Alaskapat528; 08-21-2009 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: add add add
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 04:59 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,696,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
Don't know where you grew up or the type of people you listen too or how old you are but....Never heard any of this crap you are spewing. People I know who's fathers and mothers and themselves went to Alaska to work the pipeline. The many people we know in Alaska are not even remotely as you are describing. Don't equate all with the likes of yourself and the type of people you associate with. Sad you have such a negative and see all negative in people.
I completely agree with this, blue; this guy has little clue of what the people in Alaska are like. I think he's perhaps visited a time or two and maybe watched a little Discovery. He's been mouthing off for quite some time about moving up here but I suspect that it's all just mouth.

Old 08-21-2009, 05:30 PM

457 posts, read 1,016,127 times
I wanted to mention B.O. that reallly its too late . The moves that should have been done a few years ago are much more difficult and if the sheople do wake up theyll be so far behind the 8-BALL--- scurewd........

Alaska isnt immune. Montana , Idaho and Alaska are about 3 years behind the mayhem destroying the minus 48 going on the past 2 years . Im not in a hurry-- since dumping everything in late 06. Ive noticed waterfront (oceanfront) remote quality stuff has dried up abit ! whats up there Marty?
Foreclosures are rising.

Another heavy wave of defaults is on the way from non-subprime Option ARM and Alt-A mortgages.

The Option ARM and Alt-A will also cause early sales that will add to inventory and push prices down further.
Many people are leaving major residential real-estate states such as California, Florida, Michigan, and New York adding to inventory.

Unemployement is 20% and going up.

Interest and mortgage rates are going up as well.
Loans have been reduced dramatically and are hard to get now.

The government is artificially propping up housing prices which just makes it worse in the end.

The banks will eventually have to dump all these houses at lower prices.

Most housing sales are bank foreclosure sales, not real ones. Note well!

People are still in deep denial about the housing crash and will not admit their house is worth a fraction of what it used to be four years ago.

The banks have a million unsold homes listed and another half million off the books they refuse to admit to.

Builders are still building even though we have a glut of unsold homes.

At least a quarter of all mortgages are under water, and every month more are under water and worth less than what they owe. Please look at 10). The housing sales are basically bank foreclosures at a very bad loss to them. They are trying to cut their losses and dump this inventory.

If you are thinking of buying , rent instead and save 100G's .....

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the Public Treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits from the Public Treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy always to be followed by dictatorship. The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations has been 200 years.

This was written by Alexander Woodhouselee (died 1813) almost 200 years ago. The U.S. is 232 years old now and finished, done, through, over.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:59 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,242,370 times
You're always filled with so many happy thoughts MM.

NOT.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:32 PM

457 posts, read 1,016,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
Don't know where you grew up or the type of people you listen too or how old you are but....Never heard any of this crap you are spewing. People I know who's fathers and mothers and themselves went to Alaska to work the pipeline. The many people we know in Alaska are not even remotely as you are describing. Don't equate all with the likes of yourself and the type of people you associate with. Sad you have such a negative and see all negative in people.

Turn off the TV and call me in 30 days My Alaska Friend.

Metla? ; whats depressing about the truth? Isnt TRUTH what we are all searching? Perhaps years of great living is hard to give up? You dont really have too! Its like going THRUUUU----

I would agree, I had a magical childhood. I wish I could hold onto that and I could have but it IS IRRESPONSIBLE , and some of my relatives stil live in that memory , but growing up means facing reality and making a difference in this dense world.

Were all gonna make it and the afterlife IS REALLY WHERE ITS AT IN MY BOOK, so dont take this scene to serious.

Whens the NG pipeline goin? thats my gig sister.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:30 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,845,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmountain View Post

Metla? ; whats depressing about the truth? Isnt TRUTH what we are all searching? Perhaps years of great living is hard to give up? You dont really have too! Its like going THRUUUU----

I would agree, I had a magical childhood. I wish I could hold onto that and I could have but it IS IRRESPONSIBLE , and some of my relatives stil live in that memory , but growing up means facing reality and making a difference in this dense world.

Were all gonna make it and the afterlife IS REALLY WHERE ITS AT IN MY BOOK, so dont take this scene to serious.

I can't figure out if you are older or a young buck...you kind of speak with forked tongue...If you want to make a difference don't blast women in AK with their "cats"....and you are right magical childhood can end in a heartbeat... Maybe the simple life is the answer?

Old 08-21-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Your truth isn't the same as mine.

Years of great living... I don't think you understood my prior posting; we're giving nothing up. We're kicking ass as usual around here and the $almon just keep slamming us and the rich are paying us whatever we want to charge for it.
WTH; I feed some of it to the neighbor's cats just because I can.

Quote:
The pipeline's going nowhere, brotha. There's no -48 market for the natural gas. Too bad if you were relying on that for a job in Alaska. You might try applying for Canadian citizenship but that is no guarantee either.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 08-21-2009 at 09:57 PM..

Old 08-22-2009, 07:39 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,731,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmountain View Post

Turn off the TV??? WTH?? you seem to be the only one watching all the doom and gloom or reading about it. Got too many other things to do the dwell on the crap that you are obviously obsessing about...like living life!~!

Old 08-22-2009, 11:07 AM

Blue, I think he's just another guy who will probably never live here and who has a fantasy that Alaska is going to fix all his problems. He come around here every so often and shrieks at us for who knows what. We can only hope that in real life his social skills are more refined than what they are on the forum, because if they aren't, he won't last very long if he ever does make it to Alaska.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 08-22-2009 at 11:20 AM..

Old 08-22-2009, 11:37 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,731,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Blue, I think he's just another guy who will probably never live here and who has a fantasy that Alaska is going to fix all his problems. He come around here every so often and shrieks at us for who knows what. We can only hope that in real life his social skills are more refined than what they are on the forum, because if they aren't, he won't last very long if he ever does make it to Alaska.
hopefully you are correct in that he will never make it to Alaska!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska