Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 03:40 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,020,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Moose,

I notice that you dodged the immediate topic and went on to generalities
Negative. They are not generalities. Those are specifically topical to the discusion at hand. Nice try though.

Incidentally, hurricane Bill is now a category 4 possibly strengthening to cat 5. Long range forecasts show it tracking up the east coast possibly towards Washington DC. This may be the best chance this country has had in quite a while.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 03:45 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,269,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Negative. They are not generalities. Those are specifically topical to the discusion at hand. Nice try though.

Incidentally, hurricane Bill is now a category 4 possibly strengthening to cat 5. Long range forcasts show it tracking up the east coast possibly towards Washington DC. This may be the best chance this country has had in quite a while.
Sorry, no dice, mate.

You talked about "vile and contemptible." Barney Frank was specific about it and referred to the references the righwingers make to Nazis and the health care reform proposed by President Obama, and the defacing of the President's photo into an image of Hitler. You first misrepresented "vile abd contemptible" and now you try and dodge it.

Come again, please.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:47 PM

693 posts, read 1,606,326 times
Quote:
No.

I find any government (R or D) that chooses to ignore the voices of it's citizens, vile and contemptable.

I find any government (R or D) that enslaves it's citizens by running up foreign debt on a generational scale, vile and contemptable.

I find any government (R or D) that publically demonizes Private Enterprise, CEO's, Police Officers, Doctors, and even talk show hosts and private citizens as a political tool to pass it's own agenda, vile and contemptable.

Love your country...Fear your government.

--Robert Novak
Feggin' brilliant. So true.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Sorry, no dice, mate.

You talked about "vile and contemptible." Barney Frank was specific about it and referred to the references the righwingers make to Nazis and the health care reform proposed by President Obama, and the defacing of the President's photo into an image of Hitler. You first misrepresented "vile abd contemptible" and now you try and dodge it.

Come again, please.

Nope, being intentionally obtuse does not score points with me. You know darn well what I was saying!

Old 08-19-2009, 04:02 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,269,131 times
Quote:
No.

I find any government (R or D) that chooses to ignore the voices of it's citizens, vile and contemptable.

I find any government (R or D) that enslaves it's citizens by running up foreign debt on a generational scale, vile and contemptable.

I find any government (R or D) that publically demonizes Private Enterprise, CEO's, Police Officers, Doctors, and even talk show hosts and private citizens as a political tool to pass it's own agenda, vile and contemptable.

Love your country...Fear your government.

--Robert Novak
I wanted to say something about Novak, but then - De mortuis nil nisi bonum.

The quotes above are silly in the extreme. In our system, the government is us, not something external. We elect it and we hold the power to eject it. This is usual Republican pabulum that you are peddling.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:03 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Rep to ya Rickers.....is exactly what I can't figure out. What is that old saying? Something like "jealousy is the purest form of flattery" or something like that anyway. But she is no longer in office but you do have some who like to keep it going as well as changing topics to other controversial political junk as well as name calling, and they when their threads get closed. Go figure.
Let's get something straight.

Some people on here know exactly how to get a thread closed and they take full advantage of that. Yes, it gets damned old.

Jealous? You haven't seen me. I have less than no reason to be so.

Afraid? Hell yes. Not of the Palien herself but of what she's becoming representative of, which is brain dead dumbed down idjits who would like nothing better than to push their brand of morality onto the rest of the world.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
The quotes above are silly in the extreme. In our system, the government is us, not something external. We elect it and we hold the power to eject it..
Really, you honestly believe that our modern political machine hasn't morphed so far out of control that it would peacefully give up power if we simply asked it too?

Quote:
This is usual Republican pabulum that you are peddling.
Again, really? "Republican pablum"? Up untill Jan 21st of this year the Dems had been SCREAMING those exact same things for 8 years. What, did something just magically change overnight?

Note: those are rhetorical questions. Answering in the affirmative to either one will force me to ding you a major Polly Ana point for terminal naivitee.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Afraid? Hell yes. Not of the Palien herself but of what she's becoming representative of, which is brain dead dumbed down idjits who would like nothing better than to push their brand of morality onto the rest of the world.
Exactly. Nice to see I'm not the only one.

The ironic part is that the so called conservative Republican party is just as willing to use the power of the government to force their world view on everyone as are the Dems. This is anything but conservatism. In reality, both the Repuplican and Democrat parties have simply merged into a modern, big government, Statist party.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:31 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,123,667 times
Count down to thread closure

lol....

Old 08-19-2009, 06:34 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,433,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Let's get something straight.

Some people on here know exactly how to get a thread closed and they take full advantage of that. Yes, it gets damned old.

Jealous? You haven't seen me. I have less than no reason to be so.

Yes, let's get something straight. I am under the impression threads are closed due to name calling, inflammatory, etc. I don't know about people on here reporting threads, but I do believe it is the tone the thread/s take on and some get very heated with name calling, off topic, etc.!

I never posted "you" were jealous of Palin. Matter of fact, I didn't say anyone was jealous. So why are you jumping to the conclusion that I said you were jealous of her ?? I simply quoted an old saying and if the shoe fits for some.....There is some kind of obsession going on here with her which should probably be taken to the Political Forum since she no longer represents AK.

As far as being afraid of what she "may" become representative of...well she is NO longer the Governor of AK so people need to just get over it.

Regarding certain moralities being pushed down people's throats....I won't even go there since this is what we currently have.

You need to remember other people are "entitled" to their opinions whether you or anyone else agrees with them and will also say what they like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska